Babies: 3 - 6 Months

8.5 months... Not crawling yet

Hi All,

My son, Gabriel, is 8.5 months old and isn't "traditionally" crawling yet.  He pulls himself around with his arms, and basically moves in a circle.  If I try to put him onto his knees, he gets pretty upset with me.  He definitely gets around, but not on his knees.  He doesn't seem to be motivated to get up onto his knees, since he technically does get himself around.  Are other people experiencing similar things with their little ones?

Thanks!

Sarah

Re: 8.5 months... Not crawling yet

• My nephew never actually crawled... he only did the "army crawl" and then went straight to walking at 10 months!  He's a super healthy, athletic 12 year old now.  I wouldn't worry ~ I've heard it's more and more common for kids to crawl later or not at all.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just went to visit my 9 month old cousin and he does not crawl. He rolls everywhere!
    photo 8e32bb2b-42a7-49d2-85df-cab52864175d_zpse525d043.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • firstly- my daughter is almost 8 months and not crawling yet- so i know what you mean...my daughter rolls and wriggles and squirms everywhere! secondly- and most importantly- not all babies crawl! it is something that is not even considered a 'milestone', specifically because not all babies do it...so dont worry
    leahbub
  • My oldest crawled at 10 months.  I was worried at the time but she just did it at her own pace.  She's now 3 and there's no difference between her and her peers.  Try not to stress.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Drew never crawled - not army crawl, backwards crawl, traditional crawl - nothing. We visit with other friends and their babies would crawl circles around Drew while he just sat and watched.

He started walking at 9.5 months. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My ds didn't crawl until 12 months.  He walked at 15 and is a very normal running, climbing two and a half year old.
  • My first didn't crawl until he was 10 months. He walked at 13 months and was running at 14 months. I know it's hard not to worry, but don't. You have a loooooong time before you need to worry.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My pedi and I were talking about crawling yesterday, and he said that scooting is pretty much considered crawling... Due to it uses the same Motor skill. So I wouldn't woorry about it, some babies just dont crawl and go straight to walking.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"