3rd Trimester

What high protein snacks can I try?

I just did my glucose test today, I lucked out and was at 135, but since I have a history of hypoglycemia and had eaten and hour and a half before they decided not to worry about it too much. But they also told me that I'm anemic (surprise surprise) and to take an iron supplement and eat some sort of protein filled snack every two hours for the rest of my pregnancy. At every two hours for my entire third tri, I'm going to get really sick of peanut butter and almonds. So does anyone have any ideas?

Re: What high protein snacks can I try?

• Greek yogurt, cheese (string cheese and crackers), quinoa flakes (like cream of wheat or oatmeal), and I can't think of anything else right now, but there are a few ideas . . .
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've been trying to fill my sweet tooth cravings with apple slices and peanut butter, but I see you've gotten sick of peanut butter... I like greek yogurt with a high protein granola, Bear Naked makes a great one. Also hummus is pretty high in protein, pair that with some veggies and it makes a great snack!
  • Loading the player...
  • I found some spinach tortillas/wraps that were fairly high protein. You could probably pair that with a lot of different things for variety.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• greek yogurt, hummus,tofu,tempeh,morningstar farms veggie sausage patties are small and 10g prot each, eggs...thats all i can think of at the moment. I took my GD test yesterday I'll get results today at doc

• For quick and on the go snacks, I've been eating cliff bars - the trail mix variety.  they have 20 g of carbs and maybe 8 or 9 g's of protein - super yummy!
    TTC Child #1 Sept '08, Dx: Unexplained, DOR 2 IUI's = BFN, m/c, IVF 1 = 0 embies to put back, IVF 2 = BFN, IVF 3 = cancelled, IVF 4 = BFP with 1 embie. Our son came into our life on 9/28/11. We are in love! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I really like Kashi granola bars-I think they have 5 or 6 grams of protein, and they're yummy. And greek yogurt!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Peanut butter, cheese, Greek yogurt, hummus, Luna Bars, protein shakes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Cottage cheese and greek yogurt.
  • I know corn is a little high in sugar, but I'd make a little black bean and corn salad (black beans, tomatoes, corn, avocado, olive oil, lime juice, salt, pepper, and cumin) for snacking, hummus, dairy (yogurt, skim milk, cottage cheese, string cheese), turkey, almond/peanut butter, trail mix....
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks everyone. Of all the things I would have suspected I might need more of, protein wasn't even on the list.
  • imagehoneybee #1:
    I just did my glucose test today, I lucked out and was at 135, but since I have a history of hypoglycemia and had eaten and hour and a half before they decided not to worry about it too much. But they also told me that I'm anemic (surprise surprise) and to take an iron supplement and eat some sort of protein filled snack every two hours for the rest of my pregnancy. At every two hours for my entire third tri, I'm going to get really sick of peanut butter and almonds. So does anyone have any ideas?

Peanut butter has been my favorite thing so far lol. But I have alos been making smoothies in the morning with greek yogurt, spinach, frozen shelled edemame  (soy beans), a little orange juice, tomato juice, and some frozen berries or mixed fruit... you can't taste the veggies at all and with the spinach it gives you some iron every day, plus gives you protein from the greek yogurt and soy beans. 

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"