November 2011 Moms

How many of you...

are actively helping to plan your shower? My MIL has offered to host at our house and since there are certain people that I would rather not have input into my shower, I think I will be helping a bunch (which I am fine with). Any of you download any shower kits (whether it be games, activities, printable decorations, etc) online?

TIA

Re: How many of you...

• I would've rather had mine be more of surprise but I keep getting asked for my input and whether I like certain things lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have a feeling that I will be heavily involved. They've never done a baby shower so I've ordered the invitations and they keep asking me what I want. I think I'll just print them out an inspiration board and say go for it lol. I didn't really want to be planning. I just want to show up.
  • Loading the player...
  • i am very actively involved in my babyshower. i like to have things my way. and my mother and grandmother had alot going on. Both my aunt and grandfather were very very sick, and i didnt want them to feel overwhelmed so is say if you want to be involved go for it.

• The only thing I am doing is providing the guest list. Although if I get asked for input, I may give some. But other than that, they're all capable people. Lucky for me I just get to sit back and relax.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm helping a bit because my mother lives out of town and my best friend is also trying to get her wedding together which is a month after my shower and a month before LO arrives.

The work shower was totally planned by my boss though except the guest list.

imageimageimage
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • imageauthorofdreamz:
    I would've rather had mine be more of surprise but I keep getting asked for my input and whether I like certain things lol.

This! It's so sweet to be asked, and I appreciate the sentiment, but at the end of the day, I'd rather just show up! I don't want to feel like I'm throwing myself a party, you know?

• I'm pretty sure all I'm going to have to do is come up with a guest list. My Mother, MIL, and Sister are planning everything and trying to keep it a surprise. I just hope they decide to not do it at my house. They did this for my bridal shower and I figured out what day it was. Needless to say, I had to clean my entire house! Sad
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I'm helping with the guest list and giving ideas as far as what kind of deserts and decorations I'd like to have. Basically I'm trying to give them an idea of what i'm picturing so it's nice and simple and not way over-board and drama-filed.
  • I am doing the invitations because I know who I want to invite and I have the better handwriting haha
  • imageMrsCaddyshack:
    This! It's so sweet to be asked, and I appreciate the sentiment, but at the end of the day, I'd rather just show up! I don't want to feel like I'm throwing myself a party, you know?

Exactly. I mean I think of a baby shower as a party for the mother-to-be and at this point I feel like it is more a party for the guests that my best friend, my BFs mom, and I are putting on. 

• I just provided some addresses. I've been told the rest is none of my business...not in those exact words of course, but my mom is trying to keep it all a secret.

I actually had a surprise shower last weekend thrown my MIL, and it was really awesome because I was 100% in the dark. I had never had a surprise party throw for me before, it was great.

• I'm actively helping to plan my shower since my mother + SO's sister seem to have a communication problem.
  • i wish i was more involved then i actually am. when i was planning my sister's showers i'd often as for her input. She is planning my shower and so far has said "i have your invites and started buying decorations.... i wanted to go with (this) theme, but can't find (a, b and c) with it" so i looked up the theme she originally wanted.. and LOVE IT... i'm pretty bummed she isn't using it. so took it upon myself to find (a, b, c) in that theme... thinking she'd go for it since i found the items she wanted online... she hasn't bitten the item yet.. which makes me sad lol silly i know.

I will likely bring a dish or something, set up/help take down for the day of. but other then that.. looks like my sister is loving the planning process herself. :)

ETA- i have searched online for other showers (baby and bridal) games for parties i have hosted in the past. i have never downloaded anything. typically i find the template and "copy" it in word, etc with the info i wanted on it. ie- bridal questionnaire, made a similar one to one i saw online with my own questions. make baby bingo in excel, etc.

• I helped my mom with invitations, food ideas,   finding games and finding favors . And then I told I her I wanted the rest  to be a surprise . And it was ! It was nice to have so much imput because then I knew I would like like it and be happy with how it turned out .
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BFP ! March 2011 TTC since Jan 2010 Blood work CD 3 -normal Diagnosed with slight case of PCOS Nov 2010 S/A - High count , low morph and mobility Use acupuncture/herbs to regulate cycles
  • I don't have any idea what's going on as far as a baby shower goes. I may not even get one. However, both sides of the family are very sneaky about showers so they may be planning it and I don't have a clue! I did however make a guest list and pass it on to DH so he can give it to the host if they ask for one.

December '14 May Siggy Challenge
    Favorite TV/Movie Mom - Tara Knowles from Sons of Anarchy
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Between bridal showers, baby showers, and bachelorette parties my sis is a Pro! I gave her the list and was at the store with her and we decided to get invitations. Otherwise, I do not know what is going on, except where we are having it. The only thing I have a problem with is that my mom wants everything to be special (which isnt a bad thing) but she is having at a banquet hall that is HUGE and it will be catered, but the most people I think are going to show up is about 25-30 if that! Alot of family lives out of town. I think it is to expensive to have there for that many people, but she insists!
  • I'm not involved at all with either of my showers. Though I wish I was. I'm super type A and while I'm appreciative that I was offered showers I kind of want to give input on my second shower since they're doing it at my house.....which wasn't discussed with me in the first place. I just want to make sure no kids come in and tear up our house and where I'm going to be while they set up, etc.
  • I am actively involved in planning my baby shower.  My mom who is hosting the baby shower needed a hand and also had to go away for a month.  I have choosen the venue, caterer, made and sent out the invites, selected favours and now onto the games.  I don't mind at all doing this as I am totally type A and know that my sister really couldn't be bothered when it comes to showers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"