September 2011 Moms
Options

s/o hips ... belly binders?

Does anyone have experience and/or recommendations for postpartum belly binders? I've been looking on Amazon but it seems that most of them have pros, but some big cons (curling down, etc.). It also seems like you need two - one for the hips and one for the belly.

I really, really want to be able to fit back into my pre-preg jeans at some point, but I know my hips have expanded rapidly during this pregnancy.

Are those devices worth the hassle and money? 

TIA!

Val 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: s/o hips ... belly binders?

• Options
    I honestly think those things are a gimmick.  I think they might give you some comfort and support and might make your clothes fit better, but I do not think they do a darned thing to get your body back into pre-pg shape.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm thinking it's a waste of money. I dont think there's a REAL way to physically shrink your hips. With my daughter, my hips never shrunk back :( I lost my belly and all the other weight, but my hips never went back and I've accepted that. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I tried to find the post someone made on the September board a few weeks ago about this but couldn't find it. I did stumble upon this one from 0-3 board. Some of their reviews might be helpful

Belly Bandit

My Heart!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I asked my doctor about belly/hip binding, and she said it's totally safe and it works for some people.  So, I figured why not?  I don't want to regret not trying it if there's any chance at getting into those pre-pregnancy clothes sooner!

• Options
    I used the Belly Bandit after DS and it helped with pain, and getting back to my normal weight very fast. I also had a c/s so it helped get my muscles back after. I will be using it again this time around.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"