Cloth Diapering

NCDR: how often does DH/SO plan a date for you?

?[Poll]

DS born 8/2010 - preliminary stages of SN int'l adoption - fur mama to 2 shelter dogs;  cloth diapering, babywearing, EBFing mama

Re: NCDR: how often does DH/SO plan a date for you?

• um...never
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We've been married 15 months and he has planned one date. Well, he sort of planned it. I'd mentioned a few days before that I'd really like to go to a certain place and he took me. He was so proud of himself for doing that, lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Never did before kids.
    Never has since having kids.
    Liam 07/08/10 -- TTC #2 -- my cloth vlog -- & daily cloth diaper deals Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageemolee84:
    um...never

Same here...this would require putting some thought into something I would like to do, and has nothing (I'd hope) to do with tractors or the fire department, which means I'm not holding my breath.

photo cec1e248-7430-4475-9668-04578f2fd00a.jpg 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagekaylakaylakayla:
    Never did before kids.
    Never has since having kids.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageemolee84:
    um...never

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • DH planned a dinner to a sushi place once.  He knew someone who started working there though so I'm not sure if a date would have happened that night if that weren't the case.  

He also planned a dinner for the night we got engaged.  And i think maybe a birthday dinner here or there.  I usually make the plans for my birthdays though.  And for his birthdays too.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BFP#1 10/26/09 EDD 7/4/10 Beautiful Baby Boy born 2 weeks late 7/16/10 BFP#2 8/23/11 EDD 5/11/12 Natural Miscarriage @ 6 weeks BFP#3 5/22/12 EDD 2/10/13 Stick Baby!
  • Maybe once a year for our anniversary.  I'm okay with that though, because I'm a big fat fail in the thoughtful department.
  • imageMnM7608:

imageemolee84:
    um...never

Same here...this would require putting some thought into something I would like to do, and has nothing (I'd hope) to do with tractors or the fire department, which means I'm not holding my breath.

I feel like I could've written this!
    Although Dh did take me out in his new toy (boat) the other day, and we ended up getting burgers dockside and eating them in the boat, which was fun. But that was the first time in a looooonnnng time that we've even done anything just the two of us.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DH takes me out on a date every Friday or Saturday night. Sometimes it's not a very involved date, but we get out together. Our usual is dinner and a movie.

image image image image
  • If getting concert tix counts as planning a date then he did it more often before, but still does it sometimes now.  That's the only type of date he plans (if it counts).  It's more of me saying we need a night out together, putting our heads together on who will babysit & taking it from there.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • imageeclecticmama:
    DH takes me out on a date every Friday or Saturday night. Sometimes it's not a very involved date, but we get out together. Our usual is dinner and a movie.

Wow!  I'm impressed.  I was going to say "wait til you have the baby" when I saw your ticker, but then I saw you have 5 other kids, lol.  Then again, maybe date night is WHY you have 6 kids ;)  Either way, you guys finding time to have regular date nights with lots of kids reminds me that we need more date nights.:)

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • imageMWoodside:

imageeclecticmama:
    DH takes me out on a date every Friday or Saturday night. Sometimes it's not a very involved date, but we get out together. Our usual is dinner and a movie.

Wow!  I'm impressed.  I was going to say "wait til you have the baby" when I saw your ticker, but then I saw you have 5 other kids, lol.  Then again, maybe date night is WHY you have 6 kids ;)  Either way, you guys finding time to have regular date nights with lots of kids reminds me that we need more date nights.:)

LOL!! It was a lot harder when we had to get a babysitter. I always made him book the babysitter(which often was just my mom haha!), so sometimes it would be every other week we would go out and the off weeks we'd have a "stay in date" where he'd pick up dinner from a restaurant and we'd rent a movie to watch after the kids were in bed. Now, though, our oldest is almost 13 so we have her babysit. Sometimes our dates are just having dinner and then walking around Target or something. LOL He does try to make them interesting, though, and tries to find new places to go eat or new things to do. 

It's one of those things that it seems like you don't really have time to do, but if you just kind of make yourself start, it gets to be a habit and isn't as hard to get out. 

image image image image
  • imageMWoodside:

imageeclecticmama:

Oh and I was going to say that having 5(almost 6) kids is why we *neeeeeed* a date night! :cD 

image image image image
  • WTH is a date?  We don't do anything unless I plan it.  Ever.  Date, get together with families, hang out with friends, anything.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"