Two Under 2

Hi...babies sharing a room question

Hi mommas!

I'll be having 2 under 1 in Dec. Indifferent  But only for a couple weeks. My question is this....have any of you put your babies in the same room with this age difference?  I have a 4 yr old as well. Both the girls were put in there own crib in their own room from the start. I think this has helped with their sleeping routines, but I can't be sure. So I'm a bit nervous in putting 2 babies in the same room when they're not on the same schedule. I know it will be a few months until baby is STTN (fingers crossed), but will this bother my 1 yr old?  If I had the room, he would have his own room too, but I don't.  Any advice is welcome. Thanks!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Hi...babies sharing a room question

• I haven't done this yet, but my boys will be sharing a room. We will probably keep DS2 in our room for the first month, but after that I will have to put him into his bedroom. I sleep better when they're in their cribs, but DH feels better with them close by at first.

My current plan is to try having them in the same room and seeing if it bothers DS1's sleeping. If it does I'll be moving DS1 into DD's room until DS2 is sleeping through the night. Again, I haven't done this yet, but that's the plan.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Would you consider having LO#3 stay in your bedroom until he/she is STTN or at least on a predictable schedule?

We followed many suggestions from the Baby Whisperer and likely because of that we established routines very early. DS and DD (15.5 months apart) now happily share a room. We put DS (19 months) to bed first. This allows him to fall asleep in the environment he is used to. Then when we are ready to go to bed I feed (or dreamfeed) DD (4 months) and put her down. We have white noise in the room and two video monitor cameras so I can see both of them.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine are 12.5 months apart.  We moved DD2 into the nursery with DD1 when DD2 was 5.5 months and DD1 was 18 months.  DD2 was still waking once per night.  There were a few nights of adjustment, but nothing really terrible.  After that, DD1 didn't even wake up when I went in to nurse DD2.  Now they both STTN (although of late, DD2 has started wanting to nurse around 5-5:30 a.m., and DD1 has started waking at 6:30 - but I'm not sure that has anything to do with room-sharing).
    Traveling the world with my girls - born 12 months and 18 days apart.
    <a href="http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/putalittlepolkainyourdot/?action=view
  • My 2 are a similar gap (12 months and 22 days apart) and have shared a room since birth.

The baby's crying never woke up my oldest.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for the advice ladies.  I will keep these in mind.  :)
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • It should be fine.  They will get used to each other pretty quick (it's important you put them in the same room from the jump) and you'd be surprised at how one won't wake up if the other does.  That's what my pedi told me and she was so right!  Best wishes!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"