1st Trimester

What are you calling your embryo/fetus?

Don't know if we're having a boy or girl yet, but getting sick of referring to the baby as "it".  Just wondering what you are calling your baby while you're pregnant?  My one sister called hers "zygote" & the other called hers "peanut". Last week when baby was the size of a "sweat pea" we called baby that, but I don't really like peas.  
Pregnancy TickerBabyFruit Ticker

Re: What are you calling your embryo/fetus?

• We havnt hit that point yet.  But i know people call theirs bean, peanut and cleatus.  
    April 10 IUI BFN Sept 10 IUI BRN Feb 11 IVF hoping for a BFP! Feb 27 ER 28 eggs Mar 4 8 health eggs, 2 ET Mar 17 - Beta 180!! BFP!!! Mar 21 - Beta 1295!! holy cow what a jump Coming soon 1st Sono March 30!!! Crossing fingers for healthy stick bean(s) Mar 29 miscarry :( 6w 3d 2nd IVF July 2011 BFP July 2011 M/C 11/11/11 hate to say good bye again! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 3rd IVF 4/3/12 ER 46 eggs (holly cow batman) 40 mature, 36 fertilized 4/8/12 ET 2 AB put back 4/10/12 15 make it to FREEZE 4/22/12 Beta BFN 1st FET 6/7/12 Day we are going to put back 2. 6/21/12 BFP 1285 6/25/12 4780 I hope this time they stick!! Deaglan William welcome. My rainbow is finally here February 7, 2013
  • We hadn't come up with any cute NMs or anything. We bounce between he, she, and the baby.
  • Loading the player...
  • Either "little nugget" or the fruit that it is that week.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • We were trying to wait until we saw an US to come up with a name, but our 5 week US looked like a squid and all I could think of was "Squidoo" from Sponge Bob or "Calamari", both which are terrible names.  LOL.

• imagewahawaha:

We were trying to wait until we saw an US to come up with a name, but our 5 week US looked like a squid and all I could think of was "Squidoo" from Sponge Bob or "Calamari", both which are terrible names.  LOL.

Correction, Sponge Bob squid is "Squidward", even worse.  

• Nothing cutesy, just "the baby"
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We call the baby "the bean."  We did the same with DD, guess it just works in our house :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Gummy bear :)

BFP 1.5.13 - EDD 9.5.13 - Ysabella Sofia born 9.12.13
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We've been calling it Taddy because when we went to our first ultrasound it looked like a wiggling tad pole :) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • BB. The first ultrasound I said looked like a blob, so DH said Baby Blob which is now BB
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagespeckledfrog:
    Nothing cutesy, just "the baby"

This....or it. I like zygote, that's not bad, but a lot of the cutesier ones make me cringe. It's just not me!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• We call it "the baby". Dh and I both found it really annoying when friends of ours kept constantly referring to their fetus as "jellybean", and we vowed to never use an annoying name for our own. To each their own I guess... Just not our thing.
  • The growth/your growth. I usually only call it that when I'm talking about how I feel to DH. For example, "The growth is making me nauseated". I'm hoping for a boy, so sometimes I'll call it a him, to which my DH reminds me it could be a her.
  • So far I am calling it our little love bug, but we are so early that a nickname hasn't stuck yet Big Smile
    Jenn Pregnancy Ticker
  • why doesn't my ticker work?

Jenn Pregnancy Ticker
  • What about "Belly"
  • "Klinger". The last one was "Sticky"

Mother of  Sable Rene' & Clifton Michael
    Blog    Names
  • We called DD "our little lovebug."  It stuck.  We (as in everyone) calls her Buggie or Bug.

We've been calling this one "the gummi bear" b/c that's what he/she looked like during the u/s.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DH and I like the tv show Archer so we are calling ours "Seamus" because the baby on that show is called 'the wee baby seamus.' Our families have jumped on the bandwagon and call it that too now. It is fun
  • Zyggie - for Zygote!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Baby Grumpers.  Its a huge inside joke between DH and I
  • imageboydstm:
    DH and I like the tv show Archer so we are calling ours "Seamus" because the baby on that show is called 'the wee baby seamus.' Our families have jumped on the bandwagon and call it that too now. It is fun

Ha! Ha! I love that show. 

• Giblet.
    Little Squish #1, 3.25.12

Little Squish #2 Due 10.9.15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We call it Nugget.  Not "little nugget" or "the nugget".  Just Nugget.  Big Smile
    Lots of love to my BFPB, Squishy622 <3

photo 544b4365-b9ee-4805-ba08-f19896d25dae_zpsd8a0debb.jpgphoto ed61c23b-2bf9-4622-b870-072ac0970775_zpsa90b2a73.jpg

• My little brother called it my gummy bear the other day... that was odd. 

But we are either calling it the baby, or our owlet. :) 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My DH calls it a pimple, because that's what its size was when we got our BFP.  I've lately started calling it tadpole, and will probably use small fry once I'm in my 2nd trimester.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• Dh husband calls it "pimple" because that's the size it was when we got our BFP and we are waiting till after the first appointment to tell family.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• I've been calling my yet to be conceived baby "baby g"
    Audrey is going to be a big sister!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • It was "the cell" for the longest and now it is just "it" or "turtle."  The other day when I felt so bad I did call it demon spawn, that was just a passing nickname.  
  • Either the fruit of the week or "Shem." "Shem" is a term my brother uses to refer to androgynous-looking people, you know the ones you can't tell whether it's a man or a woman. Since we don't know whether it's a he or a she, it's a "shem."
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We are calling ours whatever fruit it is for the week (according to the bump chart). My DH enjoys guessing the new fruit each Friday. So this week, it's raspberry... but we even make nicknames from that.... Raz, Razzie, Raz-ma-tazz HAHA! It's very silly, but we enjoy it =)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • We called ours Bean. And my nickname is Shay-butta (Shayla is my first name). DH affectionately called us Buttabean, lol. But, unfortunately, my baby couldn't stay so Bean's bro or sis will be called Donut. I have my 4 yr old nephew to thank for that :)
    Anniversary Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • "Baby B"...our last name starts with B
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We call ours the razberry, but it is bigger than that now
  • I call him or her "Little Bit".  DH refers to the baby as "the next one".
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Lima and Bean....We found out looked up the size and the baby was the size of a bean, so we were callin him/her Lima for limabean.  But once we know sex we will call by the babies chosen name
  • our little nugget.

• We call the baby "Legume." When we first found out I was pregnant I was reading a book and it described the baby as the size of a kidney bean and said "but don;t worry, this is one active legume." It just stuck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"