Baby Names

WWYD???

So, I'm  not pregnant but I find myself cringing at the thought of getting pregnant on the slight possibility that I will have a boy. My husband wants to name our boy......Kalel (sp?) His name is Gerrell (super man's dad's name) so he thinks his son should be named after superman. My whole family agrees that I should let him choose the name since it would most likely be his only boy but I hate it. WWYD?

Re: WWYD???

• Um, no.  That's Nicolas Cage-style lame. Tell your husband that Kal-el is not a real name on this planet. Plus, you should get a word in, whether or not "its his only boy."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    DD, the love of my life, born January 26, 2012

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • You could use that for his first name, but call him by his mn. Or just be honest with your husband and tell him you don't like it, hopefully he'll understand. It's not all about him and what he wants. You have a say to. explain to him that it's not your favorite and you would like to name your son something you both like.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh, he's completely aware that I hate it. Everyone is. It's the guilt trip that they all try to give me that has me second guessing myself. lol
  • Sounds like grounds for divorce

It's none of your family's business and they should take a hike as well 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Kal-el is a ridiculous name. Even a celebrity's kid can't pull that off. Maybe suggest Calvin or Callum... his nn could be Cal. That's the best compromise I can come up with.

Also, tell your family to shove it. Both parents get to decide on a name, not just one.

• don't name your kid something you don't like.

• Hell no would I legally name my kid after a character....that's just me. 
    An idea for a compromise could be that his NN is Kal-El.  If you named him Kalvin Elliot, or Kalvin Elijah, etc, you could both have a say in his name.
    imageimageimageimageimage
      Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• My friends son is named Kal-el. Well, his MN is Kal-el and his first name is Thomas. 

I like it.  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers IAmPregnant Ticker
  • We actually have 2 friends who have named their LOs Kalel.
    Married DH 08.28.10
    Pregnancy #1: BFP 04.10.11 EDD 12.23.11 DD1 Born 12.4.11
     Pregnancy #2: BFP 5.12.14 MC 5.20.14 @ 5wk4d
    Pregnancy #3: BFP 11.1.14 EDD 7.5.15 MC 11.13.14 @ 6wk4d
    Pregnancy #4: BFP 1.31.15 EDD 10.5.15 DD2 Born 9.23.15

• Good to know I'm not just being mean. Even though I want a little boy someday I'll pray for another girl for now. Stick out tongue

• Why don't you compromise and name your potential son Clark or Kent? Still honoring Superman, but with his normal, human name!
    BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• That's stupid. You should both have to agree on a name.

And Kalel is freaking horrible. DH is a big Superman fan too but over my dead body will we ever name a kid after him.

P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • Tell your family to suck on an egg. If someone had told me I should've let H name my son Who The (Lastname F so initials would be WTF) just because 'it could very well be his only son,'..... I'd have to throatpunch them. Stick to your guns and see if you can compromise. Tell your H that his heart is in the wrong place and your kid neems a name he can put on a resume without being laughed out of the builiding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Of COURSE he should get to the name the kid.... It could be HIS ONLY SON!

He should also do every feeding, every diaper change, every bath, every doctor's visit, teach him how to walk and talk, doall discipline, take Kal-El to and from school every day, work full time to support the family....

... after all...this could be the only son your husband ever has.  

• imageNinasama:
    Um, no.  That's Nicolas Cage-style lame. Tell your husband that Kal-el is not a real name on this planet. Plus, you should get a word in, whether or not "its his only boy."

Yep. What she said.

~ Married 14 years and counting ~
    Chandler 11/2000 ~ Bronwyn 6/2002 ~ Grayson 3/2010 ~ Matilda/Till 6/2012
    IAmPregnant Ticker
    BFP 10/20/11 ::sticky dust::
    BFP 9/11/11 - m/c 9/25/11 5w5d
  • imageHannahO28:

Of COURSE he should get to the name the kid.... It could be HIS ONLY SON!

He should also do every feeding, every diaper change, every bath, every doctor's visit, teach him how to walk and talk, doall discipline, take Kal-El to and from school every day, work full time to support the family....

... after all...this could be the only son your husband ever has.  

This, and I LOVE your siggy

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • The fact that the whole issue you is stressing you out enough to make you not even want to think about being pregnant is awful and something you should talk to DH about. ?And how does your family know it could be his "only" boy? ?Also, mention to DH about the child having to grow up with the name in school & such. ?DH is probably not really thinking about that, just about how "cool" it would be.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageCorinneEC:
    Oh, he's completely aware that I hate it. Everyone is. It's the guilt trip that they all try to give me that has me second guessing myself. lol

That's ridiculous!  He should never expect you to use a name you hate and it's none of anyone else's business!  You're the one that will be carrying the baby for 9 months!  If anyone has the right to give a guilt trip for a name, it's you!!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagelageorgiapaperie:
    Why don't you compromise and name your potential son Clark or Kent? Still honoring Superman, but with his normal, human name!

I don't like Kalel at all and would tell DH not happening. You shouldn't hate your sons name. Why not Clark?

• Or how about Kellan (Kellen)? Its a real name. Kinda getting trendy. Would flow with the jor-el= Gerrell, Kel-el= Kellan.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"