2nd Trimester

Maternity Dress Pants

I went into JCP and Motherhood Maternity this weekend to find some pants for work.  I work in an office and need to wear dress slacks Monday thru Thursday and can wear jeans on Friday.  I was thoroughly disappointed with both stores.  JCP didn't have a very large selection and I hated pretty much everything I tried on at Motherhood.  My biggest problem with the pants from Motherhood was the fabric, it seems almost all of the pants there are a light knit rayon, spandex blend.  Not really that flattering in my opinion.  So where have others had luck finding thicker knit dress pants?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Maternity Dress Pants

• I bought a pair of black pants at MM, and the quality was AWFUL!  I wore them one day a week for about 2 months(part time job), and they are "pilling" or whatever you call those little balls on the fabric.  Very disapointing!

I've heard Ann taylor Loft, but haven't personally bought anything there.  Good luck!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I got mine from old navy and i love them.
  • Loading the player...
  • This is a great question! I'm going to go look for work pants (same work week as you) and was wondering where to look. Good to know about Motherhood though, I'm not to fond of those fabrics either.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I went to Old Navy this weekend and I don't know exactly what you're looking for or what they have in the way of dressier slacks, but there were dresses and I got a pair of cords and a pair of regular pull-up pants (sorry, can't think of how to explain them.

I like ON because it's not too expensive.

Lillian Annette, can't wait to meetcha! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I got mine from Ross for 7 dollars on clearance! They are stretchy and comfy too!

Motherhoods are too expensive! $40 dollars for a pair of brown dress pants I think not!?

• I bought two pair of black dress pants at Ann Taylor Loft. They are more expensive than MM and JC Penny (I think they were $70 each) but the quality is worth it. You can find great maternity shirts in their clearance section to make up for the $70 pants!
  • I just got a pair from Ann Taylor loft, I would check there.  Not all stores have a maternity section so you may want to call first.
  • I'm ordering stuff from JCP through their website.  Hopefully you can get better luck there.
  • I'm ordering stuff from JCP through their website.  Hopefully you can get better luck there.

• I got two pair from Gap this weekend. They're great. Not to mention while I was there they had a buy one get one half off deal for all work-pants.
  • GAP. Which reminds me, I have a 30% off coupon that is good starting the 13th and ends 4 days later. I should post that for everyone.
  • I like Target.
  • i have one pair from gap that i got as hand me down that are nice and i just recently ordered a pair of jeans and dress pants from there... they should be currently sitting on my front porch.

i have tried old navy, but they are too tight (form fitting)... i really like wide leg pants and they don't make to many wide leg maternity. the pair of pants i ordered from the gap were on sale and wide legged... i can't wait to try them on

• Definitely check Ann Taylor Loft. I just got a couple pairs there after looking everywhere for a dress pant that wasn't that fabic that is glued to your legs or looks like pj's and most importantly was a resonable price for a quality pair. They had a bunch on sale. Good luck!
  • Target - I tried on a few pairs yesterday and I loved them all!
  • I got mine at old navy and they are the same as my other dress pants just with a panel and a really good price under 30
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"