Two Under 2

She's learning all the wrong things...

SO DD is 14 months old today (crazy!) and she has perfected the words MINE and NO. DS said no no at this age, but MINE? He didnt start that until closer to 2! And of course they go back and forth yelling it at each other. She'll even say it at gymboree when a child walks near her toy! I try to redirect, and ask him to teach her some polite words and he'll say "please" "thank you eva" and then they yelling MINE starts again. 

UGH, maybe she'll get it out of her system now ;) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: She's learning all the wrong things...

• LOL DD did the same thing at that age. She got over it pretty quickly once she started learning other words. MINE was definitely one of her firsts and she used it regularly! 
  • imageJilybean17:
    LOL DD did the same thing at that age. She got over it pretty quickly once she started learning other words. MINE was definitely one of her firsts and she used it regularly! 

well its good to know it may pass. Its driving me nuts. I ignore it unless its a screaming match btwn the two ;) 

• Loading the player...
  • Haha!  2nd baby!  When Mia was about 10-11 months old, we were at library story hour and the librarian set out a bunch of books for them to look at.  Some 2ish year old kid took her book and the parents didn't say anything (so annoying) and Mia looked sad and then rushed him and shoved him to the ground LOL. 
    O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • imageCourt0026:
    Haha!  2nd baby!  When Mia was about 10-11 months old, we were at library story hour and the librarian set out a bunch of books for them to look at.  Some 2ish year old kid took her book and the parents didn't say anything (so annoying) and Mia looked sad and then rushed him and shoved him to the ground LOL. 

I am laughing out loud...that's funny! How can you not laugh! And what are you supposed to do? discipline a 10 month old? haha I find myself saying things to Eva that I would say to FInn. She acts so much older than he did. Maybe its a girl thing too ;)

• imageCaitlinJ22:

imageCourt0026:
    Haha!  2nd baby!  When Mia was about 10-11 months old, we were at library story hour and the librarian set out a bunch of books for them to look at.  Some 2ish year old kid took her book and the parents didn't say anything (so annoying) and Mia looked sad and then rushed him and shoved him to the ground LOL. 

I am laughing out loud...that's funny! How can you not laugh! And what are you supposed to do? discipline a 10 month old? haha I find myself saying things to Eva that I would say to FInn. She acts so much older than he did. Maybe its a girl thing too ;)

I had to look away because I was trying so hard not to laugh!  The little kid didn't know what happened.  Haha.  I am the same way about saying things to her as if she was older.  It is funny how kids are so different.  

O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • So funny!  BECAUSE... my pediatrician said that the 2nd child's first words are always- no, mine, and stop.  LOL  It is what it is.  :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"