September 2011 Moms

What types of exercise is everyone still doing?

Hello Ladies,

What types of exercises are you all doing? Im 33 weeks and I stopped running a couple weeks ago.. was just wondering some alternatives :)

Re: What types of exercise is everyone still doing?

• Does hauling my butt up off the couch count? Cause I feel like I need a crane to help with it. My couch is very squashy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ummm, does the walk from my car to my office and back every day count?  LOL.

Seriously, prenatal yoga once a week and lots of kegels are the full and complete extent of my exercise.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • LOL!  I was going to ask if getting off the couch, out of bed, and walking to/from the car counted since that's about all I am doing.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I havent been to the gym in months but i do try to go on 1-2 mile walks a few times a week
  • Chasing after one VERY active toddler all day long is more than enough at this point. As soon as we get a break in this horrible heat I will go back to walking with my pregnant friend.
  • Yoga twice a week, walking and crying (good ab workout).

• I'm still walking in the morning but my pace has slowed down considerably!  I walk, slowly, for about 30 minutes a day.  I honestly don't know how much longer i'll be able to do it - which I never imagined feeling that way.
  • imageshelley1002:
    LOL!  I was going to ask if getting off the couch, out of bed, and walking to/from the car counted since that's about all I am doing.

HAHAHA! Same here. I discovered yesterday that I don't even have the stamina to get through a set of 10 kegels.

• well... i'm awake.  That must count for something right?
  • I use the elliptical for 30-40 minutes - running is too uncomfortable.  I also spend 30 minutes once a week doing weights with a trainer - sadly not as much as I could do before but at least I feel good about doing something.
  • I walk a lot.... run around at work for 6 hours and then try to talk a small walk around the neighborhood at night around 7:30ish...usually about 20-30 minutes. I also do my squats regularly, my pelvic rocks as much as I can and that's about it.
  • I'm 36 weeks and I was doing Zumba up until a couple of weeks ago. It was just getting too hot! Now I've resorted to walking the dog.....not the same at all, but I'm still winded from it!! lol
  • I do a spinning class (45 minutes) three days a week.  I try to walk at a local park once a week (weather permitting).  And it isn't a huge workout, but I golf 9 holes twice a week.  Usually it is too hot to walk and push my clubs, so I've been riding in a cart.  But there is walking involved and it usually takes 2 hours.  
  • i had to stop running at 26 weeks which totally bummed me out. now i take the dog on a 30-40 min walk 2-3 times a week. I also try to do prenatal yoga but by the 3rd trimester all they have me doing is sitting on a chair leaning in different directions lol, maybe its just my particular dvd.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • I still get in my walks when I can, but with the way the heat was last month it didn't happen as much as I would have liked it to. I still go with the extra 30mins of activity every day, so whether it be a walk, parking at the back of Target, or extra trips up the stairs when I'm at home doing laundry, I've been fitting it in.

• I've been doing the elliptical for 45 minutes, 4 days a week. I'm not sure how motivated I'll be to continue this once I go back to work in a week and a half (I'm a teacher).
  • I try to go for a 20-30 minute walk on our treadmill during K's nap most days.  Otherwise, it mostly consists of chasing my toddler and taking toddler speed walks around the neighbourhood.
  • I stopped going to the gym 3 weeks ago but could probably go back if I could wake up a little earlier.

For now I'm walking the dog 30 minutes 3-4 mornings a week and doing squats every night.

• I've been walking a lot lately. We have a very nice bike path/trail right by our house. I also do my pelvic rocking and stretch each night before bed. I swear it helps me not have lower back problems.

And then there's just the general energy it takes to chase after my 2yr old and 1yr old each day :)

• I've been getting in the pool with my kids about 4-5 times a week for the past few weeks..I feel so much better in there , like I am a normal person again..this week I am not sure because it is going to be a bit chillier in the evening..
    Former nest name=nettie Mom to Nick 09/13/05, Isabel 07/20/07, and Tori 09/08/11 image
  • I'm a fitness instructor and just stopped teaching spin a few times a week along with one Zumba class and one Yoga class a week.  I'll be teaching senior fitness classes for a few more weeks and still plan on getting in some spin and yoga in so that I keep up a 4 day/week workout routine.    I'm finding that anything high impact is REALLY tough so spin is basically cardio on your butt and weight lifting is slow and controlled movement so it's do-able.  Yoga is almost out the window cause its so freaking hard to breathe while doing any kind of pose....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I swim a mile most mornings - (like 5-6 days per week), but other than that I stretch a lot.  It's way to hot to do anything outdoors, so I try to walk around the mall or Target or something a few times a week for an hour or so.  I'm hoping to keep up with the swimming until I deliver, and as of tomorrow I will have made it to 37 weeks, but we will see :).
  • Swim, walk, play tennis, and lift weights.
  • I honestly feel really good so I've been keeping up my normal routine - spin class once a week, weight lifting class (body pump) twice a week, 30 mins of cardio (mix of ellipitical and walking on treadmill) three times a week.  I also try to do my prenatal pilates and prenatal yoga dvd's once a week, although that doesn't always happen.  I am just listening to my body and will cut back if I start to get really tired or uncomfortable.  I think I've been really lucky so far.
  • I run every day for about 8 miles and also do abs and weights several times a week.
  • Some of you are hard core! I miss exercising regularly, but I'm just not feeling up to it. I feel like my abs have completely atrophied-- I can barely sit up. I take a prenatal yoga class at least once a week (twice if my schedule allows it), and thankfully I've been able to find a class where I actually get a reasonable work-out-- none of this sitting in a chair or leaning against the wall and gently adjusting nonsense that is often on the videos. I also take an evening walk with the husband every day.
  • I'm still walking 1-2 miles a day and doing some light strength training with my arms. I had been letting the walking slide a little since it's been so hot out, but I try to walk everyday.
  • Early in pregnancy I was doing so well.

I stopped running around week 31 and fell off the band wagon from there. At first it was super hot, so it was hard to walk outside. And this week, I've been swelling up, so just want to sit with my legs elevated.

Now that the weather is cooler, I will make a better effort to ramp up the walking again.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"