August 2011 Moms

Feeling Guilty & A Question

So I am being induced tomorrow. I will be 39 weeks and 6 days. Originally DH and I didn't want to do it unless I was past the dute date but we figured it's close enough and it is what works best for us. I don't feel guilty or like i'm hurting the baby by doing it at this time, but I do feel guilty when I tell other people. Does that make sense? lol.

DH and I kinda didn't want to tell anyone and we were going to call and say "it's time." But we felt we should at least tell our parents. We didn't tell them to keep it quiet so i'm sure my whole family knows by now... and we've already had people judging us for it. It is OUR decision. I hate hearing how we are being selfish for not letting mother nature take its course or whatever. I feel like we are making a right deicsion so stop puting thoughts in my head. Starting to feel crappy. ):

Oh and so I don't make a-whole-nother post... for those of you that have been induced or are being induced: when are you letting people know you're there? We figured telling them right away when we go in is too early since things will take a while but my mom wants to know when she should come and for us to call her. Do I just call when contractions get intense, or i'm dialated to a certain point? Only DH will be in the room during delivery but mom wants to be there before (just not right when I get there). Thanks.

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Feeling Guilty & A Question

• sweetie, stop over thinking this. regardless of what you do, people will always have an opinion . this is your body, and no one has the right to judge you. your baby will come out fine and healthy and itll be the only thing that matters at that point.

as far when to call your mom, id wait till you are almost completely dialated. if she isn't going to be in the room, why have her wait for what could be hours.

good luck and big hugs being sent your way.

• unless you want calls/texts for updates all the time, don't tell anyone. 

My sister's first induction, even with prior decent progress, took 4.5 days.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Don't let people stress you out. People will have their opinions (heck, my MIL's friend who I barely know called DH's cell phone and our home phone when we were on our way to our induction, trying to yell at us for making that decision), let them. It's your decision, and if you, your DH and your doctor are comfortable with it, it's no one else's business. :) 

AFA calling everyone, we call when we're on our way to the hospital just to give them a heads-up. They know that could mean it's going to be a birth tomorrow, but it's still fun to let them know that things are getting started! At least with my friends and family, people seem to love the anticipation and labor updates, why not let them know? :) 

• imagestylechild622:

sweetie, stop over thinking this. regardless of what you do, people will always have an opinion . this is your body, and no one has the right to judge you. your baby will come out fine and healthy and itll be the only thing that matters at that point.

as far when to call your mom, id wait till you are almost completely dialated. if she isn't going to be in the room, why have her wait for what could be hours.

good luck and big hugs being sent your way.

This. Plus, I know just how you feel. I am thinking on being induced at 40 and 2 days (the day my doc gets back from vaca) if I don't go before then. I really don't want to tell anyone, because I feel like I will be judged, but ya know what it's our body, baby, and choice. My doc doesn't want the baby in there when I get to 41 anyway. I'm glad you asked the time frame question. I was wondering the same thing. GL tomorrow!!!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Kudos to you hun. Of course most of us want our LO to come when their ready, but sometimes that doesn't happen and our bodies can't take it! You know what is best for you and your LO! Good luck at your induction!! And about letting people know?? Just send out a text for a heads up and then make the call when you're uber close?? Just a suggestion. Good luck again Big Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've been told in n uncertian terms that I will most likely be induced on or just before my due date because of GD.  I have told people the what and why and left it there.

There is no reason for anyone to be judging anyone about this stuff.  We have to live our lives, and make our own decisions.  As long as we are under our doctors' care, the laypeople need to sit down and hush.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker White Knot image
    Strawberry's Pumkin; Grown just for her, started on her birth day.
  • imageEMunion777:

So I am being induced tomorrow. I will be 39 weeks and 6 days. Originally DH and I didn't want to do it unless I was past the dute date but we figured it's close enough and it is what works best for us. I don't feel guilty or like i'm hurting the baby by doing it at this time, but I do feel guilty when I tell other people. Does that make sense? lol.

DH and I kinda didn't want to tell anyone and we were going to call and say "it's time." But we felt we should at least tell our parents. We didn't tell them to keep it quiet so i'm sure my whole family knows by now... and we've already had people judging us for it. It is OUR decision. I hate hearing how we are being selfish for not letting mother nature take its course or whatever. I feel like we are making a right deicsion so stop puting thoughts in my head. Starting to feel crappy. ):

Oh and so I don't make a-whole-nother post... for those of you that have been induced or are being induced: when are you letting people know you're there? We figured telling them right away when we go in is too early since things will take a while but my mom wants to know when she should come and for us to call her. Do I just call when contractions get intense, or i'm dialated to a certain point? Only DH will be in the room during delivery but mom wants to be there before (just not right when I get there). Thanks.

Do what YOU and DH want to do.  It is not your job to please other people.  People will always have something to say. This is about the two of you and LO.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Me (33) DH (32) WFHM * Coffee & Beach Addict *Running is my Paxil*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"