2nd Trimester

Exersaucers: Y or N?

What are your thoughts on these?  I can't decide if we should register for one or not.  Thanks.

Re: Exersaucers: Y or N?

• I dont like them. Just my op. 

I prefer the old fashion walkers.

• i personally think they are dumb.
  • Loading the player...
  • We got a used one.  E really liked it for short spurts of time.  I couldn't always get stuff done with her in it, as she still liked to be entertained, but sometimes it helped when she was needy and wanting to be held to have something that could hold her attention so i could rest my poor back!
  • The girls on 0-6 mo seem to like them ok. We went with the jumperoo and will buy something else if we need it later on.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Keegan Patrick - Bilateral Clubfeet found at Anatomy Scan. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker www.facebook.com/portraitave

• I am registering for both traditional walker and exersaucer.  Note* don't feed the baby anything in exersaucer they are a major pain to clean (excersaucer not baby)
  • Baby bargains is opposed to walkers for safety reasons. As far as the excersaucer, they say it is safer than the usual walkers but there have been studies whenre the baby's who can't see their legs while in some of these devices take longer to walk.

::Shrug:: I don't think we need one.

Soon to celebrate the day we met, even if the day before marks when we said goodbye.
  • I read that too in Baby Bargains, and that is part of the reason why I'm not sure if I want to get one or not.  I wouldn't get a walker, they just seem to dangerous, but the stationary ones I'm still not sure on.
  • I would wait to see what kind of temperament your baby has. We bought one when our son was a little older and it was nice for when I was cooking, taking a shower, etc.  As for the walking issue, if you don't overuse it it won't be a problem. My son walked at 9 months and he used one.  I think that is just a worry that is expressed out there because some people use it for a all day babysitter for their kid.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imageme&mymonkey:
    Note* don't feed the baby anything in exersaucer they are a major pain to clean (excersaucer not baby)

LOL!

• imageRitza:

I dont like them. Just my op. 

I prefer the old fashion walkers.

Walkers have been deemed unsafe by most docs.  I even think the AAP has come out against them.

DS still uses his exersaucer at 14 months.  It's how I get a shower every day.  IMO it has been the best investment out of all of the jumpers, swings, etc.  I got the most use out of it for sure!

Also, DS didn't really start using it until he had good head control.  I think by 6 months he was really enjoying it.

• we didn't register for one, but received an activity center as a shower gift with DS #1 (which I believe is the same as an exersaucer?).  LOVE IT.

Ours is set up so DS sat in a seat that moved around the table, instead of him sitting in the center of it.  Now that he can walk, he still uses it and stands around it w/o the seat.  He loves it.

BTW- Walkers aren't rec. by multiple sources b/c babies can't see their legs- studies actually show that babies who used walkers, walked later than those who didn't.

• We had a walker and a exersaucer.  DD hated the exersaucer, loved the walker, even though she could never really move it (it doesn't move over our carpet).  I would just put different toys on it each day and she thought it was super fun. 
  • We had both an exersaucer and a jumperoo.  The jumperoo was E's favorite thing for about two months, but she got a lot more long term use out of the exersaucer.
  • imagebirdie_1010:
    I would wait to see what kind of temperament your baby has. We bought one when our son was a little older and it was nice for when I was cooking, taking a shower, etc.  As for the walking issue, if you don't overuse it it won't be a problem. My son walked at 9 months and he used one.  I think that is just a worry that is expressed out there because some people use it for a all day babysitter for their kid.

agreed- it's def. not a babysitter but works great to give me short breaks.

• We have the Baby Einstein Jumper.  DD loves it.  As soon as she was strong enough to stand, that is all she wanted to do.  The safety issues arise when parents keep DC in them for extended periods.  It is great when they are too big for their bouncy seat, and not able to sit up on their own for any length of time, so that you and DH can actually eat a meal at the same time.
  • DS really liked his and I was able to get some house work done while he entertained himself.
  • My son loved his rainforest jumperoo so much that we never bothered with an exersaucer.  We have a lot of friends with both who say their kids are okay with exersaucers, but prefer their jumperoos.  I guess babies like jumping!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"