High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Daily Bed Rest Check-In 8/09/11 (Tues)

Happy Hump Day!!

Bashert-Welcome to the club!  I hope you find the support on here that I have been lucky enough to find!  You will get through this!

Daily Questions:

1.  When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?  Did it come true?

2.  What was the best childhood Christmas gift you received?

3.  When you first laid eyes on your DH/SO, did you have a feeling you would be creating a baby with them?

4.  Do you believe in ghosts? Why?

Updates?  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Daily Bed Rest Check-In 8/09/11 (Tues)

• Options

1. When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? Did it come true?  I wanted to be a cheerleader, grocery store checker, and a fireman.  I accomplished the cheerleader and fireman part.

2. What was the best childhood Christmas gift you received? The Glamour Gal cruise ship. Does anyone else remember the little Glamour Gal dolls?  I also loved my pogo stick.

3. When you first laid eyes on your DH/SO, did you have a feeling you would be creating a baby with them?  At that point in my life, I hadn't decided if I would want children of not.  I did know I didn't want to spend another moment of my life without this man...then 4 years later we've got a babe on the way!

4. Do you believe in ghosts? Why?  Yes and no.  I don't believe in the chain rattleing kind, but you know that uneasy feeling you get sometimes and the hair on your arms stand up? I believe there is "something" that causes that. 

Update-During my morning monitoring yesterday, Baby P kept having periods of low heart beats.  My Dr. came in and told me they were going to leave me on longer than normal because she was worried he was pushing on the membranes causing his HB to drop and the fear was he could rupture them.  They also said I couldn't eat anything incase we has an emergency C-Section in the near future.  They also started me on an IV that hurt worse than an amino.  After monitoring all day (9am-5pm and not eating) they finally felt comfortable with what they were seeing.  Talk about a scary day!  DH left work as soon as they put the IV in and we nervously waited all day to see if we were having this baby.  After not being able to eat all day, hospital food was not going to cut it so DH went and got Chinese.  It was the best dinner ever!  Fingers crossed baby stays put for 1 more week!!

• Options
    Frustrated... So yesterday had contractions went in to L&D they were pretty consistant so nurse wanted to do fFn test but since I have a stitch they didnt want to stick anything up there. Before I came in dh and I got into an arguement stupid now but my dr thinks thats what caused the contractions and she said I dnt want you to take this the wrong way but I dont think you have grieved over your loses and with this preg you had twins and lost one of them. Well excuse me Im gonna get anxious Ive never made it this far and all my bad expierences does freak me out. So still here she is going to ck my cervix and then send me home if it is ok which yest it was 2.5 she said that is fine since its been 2.7 but makes no sence cause she told me if I get to a 2.5 I would be hosp. Hopefully everything is ok and I can bust out of here. 1) I wanted to be a model or fbi no never came true lol 2) Gee IDK my minds a little foggy didnt get any sleep 3) No I was not into him until I got to know him then yes 4) yes I believe they are real Ive never seen one nor want to but know ppl who have
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks!!!

Daily Questions:

1.  When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?  Did it come true?

A music teacher...and yup I teach music.

Sega Master System. Not sure if I got it for Christmas or Chanukah (I celebrate both)

3.  When you first laid eyes on your DH/SO, did you have a feeling you would be creating a baby with them?

I knew I thought he was hot and wanted to date him, but that's it.

Yup! I think my grandma who died last August is watching over my family.

Updates?  

• Options

1. I always wanted to be a teacher. I did teach ballet after college for a bit, not sure if that counts. Now there is no way I could imagine being a teacher! I love kids, but don't think I have the patienceStick out tongue

2. My twin cabbage patch kids. Maybe it was a sign of what was to come. I still remember their names, Clarice & Denice, cabbage patch kids came with horrid names! I bet my mom still has them in storage somewhere, maybe I'll have to have her pull them out for my duo once they are old enough!

3. Babies were the last thing on my mind when I first met DH;)

4. Hmmmm, interesting question. I guess I do although I don't have any real life experience to back it up.

No updates. I got the take home outfits I ordered for our LO's yesterday. OMG, they are so stinking cute I can't stand it. 

For DD with fuchsia leggings and hat

For DS with lime green pants and matching hat

• Options

Daily Questions:

1.  When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?  Did it come true? I wanted to be Indiana Jones. Sadly, no :)

2.  What was the best childhood Christmas gift you received? My first bike. It was yellow with a banana seat and a white basket.

3.  When you first laid eyes on your DH/SO, did you have a feeling you would be creating a baby with them? We met in college and I was way more interested in partying then babies. 

4.  Do you believe in ghosts? Why? I don't have any personal experience with this. 

Updates?  My fluid levels were normal at my ultrasound on Monday! Relief.

BFP #1 6/21/08 natural m/c 7/4/08 BFP #2 10/3/08 blighted ovum discovered 11/5/08 D&C 11/13/08 dx with hetero MTHFR 1/7/09 BFP #3 7/1/09 DS born 3/7/10 BFP #4 1/27/10 DD born 9/4/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Good morning, ladies!

Daily Questions:

1.  When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?  Did it come true? I wanted to be a vet, or vet tech. Nope, it didn't happen. Instead, I'm an ultrasound tech :)

2.  What was the best childhood Christmas gift you received? My GameBoy - the original one.

3.  When you first laid eyes on your DH/SO, did you have a feeling you would be creating a baby with them? I wouldn't say that I thought I'd be making a baby with him, but definitely thought he was the one for me :)

4.  Do you believe in ghosts? Why? I believe in spirits. I'm not religious, so I don't really believe in heaven or hell, but I also like to think that it can't just end once we die. That probably doesn't make sense to anyone, but it's hard to explain.

Updates? None today. I have an appointment tomorrow - hopefully they'll check to see if I'm dilated or not, and I'm thinking I'll be coming off MBR officially :) I'll update you ladies tomorrow when I know something.

• Options

Daily Questions:

1.  When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?  Did it come true? A vet, a teacher and a meteoriologist. .. I grew up in Fl and was fascinated with hurricanes for some reason.  No I'm a nurse.

2.  What was the best childhood Christmas gift you received? When I was in 5th grade it was considered the cool thing to have this billabong jacket and I actually got one..yes! My mom and my friend's mom still laugh that my friend and I both wore our jacktes with shorts in the 80 degree weather that day because we were cool. LOL! 

3.  When you first laid eyes on your DH/SO, did you have a feeling you would be creating a baby with them?   The first time I say him we were working together so I didn't pay him any attention.However we were set up by a coworker 6 months later and we now get a kick out of her opening line that we would " make beautiful babies" together. Guess we will see soon (but not too soon!) =)

4.  Do you believe in ghosts? Why? I guess I do since I try not to think about it. My mother in law does. When her brother died she knew he died before they called because she stated she felt his presence in her room. I find that a bit creepy!!

Updates?  Started terbuatline last night and was able to sleep through the whole night with only peeing once so I think it may work better for me than the procardia.. trying to keep my hope up.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

1. a lawyer, thank you ally mcbeal lol. no i didn't im a stay at home mommy.

2.a barbie convertible that i was able to drive

3.no, i thought he was dorky and too shy for me. once we actually started talking i realized he was my prince charming

4. yes, when my first son was born i would wake up in the middle of the night and see a figure standing over him. it was very scary.  

• Options

Daily Questions:

I honestly don't remember! A mommy? :) 

Oh man. Can't really remember childhood - but I remember in 8th grade desperately wanting a pair of brown corduroy overalls from Express and being SO excited to get them. And the next year, same thing with a multi-colored striped sweater from Gap. 

HA! Definitely not. We're an eHarmony couple, and I SO didn't expect that to ever actually work for me.  

Not ghosts, necessarily, but I think our loved ones are with us sometimes after they pass.  

Updates?  

YES! Exciting ones!  Yesterday's appt with the midwife went fantastically - my bp was actually almost normal, and I'd LOST a pound (which is just fluid, but a good sign that the swelling is down.) We sailed through the NST beautifully and it picked up definite contractions. Today's MFM consult was even better. Baby was estimated at 6 lb 1 oz, plenty of amniotic fluid and beautiful healthy looking placenta. Doctor actually said "this doesn't look like a preeclampsia baby at all!" I am feeling so much more hopeful than I have in the past 2 weeks. Big Smile Still on BR, but at least I feel like it's working.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Well dr cked my cervix from 2.5 yest to a 1.8 today bummer have to stay in hospital really worried about lo Still having contractions and they might transfer to another hosp with nicu level 3 b well lots of T&Ps plsTIA
  • Options

1. When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? Did it come true? A teacher.  Yes.

2. What was the best childhood Christmas gift you received? This is tough.  There was always a favorite every year.  Nothing that stands out to me overall though.

3. When you first laid eyes on your DH/SO, did you have a feeling you would be creating a baby with them?  A feeling, yes.  Love at first sight, no.

4. Do you believe in ghosts? Why? No.  I don't believe in things for which there is no proof.

Updates:  I get a whole 9 day break from seeing a doctor (I've been going twice a week).  I am so excited about this.  I still have to go for NSTs twice a week, but they are much more convenient to schedule!  All is well.

• Options

Daily Questions:

I wanted to be a lot of things, but mainly I wanted to be a singer in a famous band, lol. Didn't happen, but I've done my fair share of performances!

I don't remember most of mine... I remember really losing it over a Molly Doll (from the Big Comfy Couch), I wouldn't go anywhere without it!

Haha, I was very attracted to him, but I never dreamt we would be highschool sweethearts, get married, and start a family :)

I don't think so. Logically, I don't, but there have been times when I've jsut watched a scary movie that I can be convinced otherwise :P

Updates? 

Nothing here!

Vote on my Baby Names here!
    VOTE on my Name List
    Surprise! Baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"