Babies: 6 - 9 Months

This may be 3 posts in a row.... Teething rash from drool?

My DS has a terrible rash on his chin and chest! His pedi said he was caused from all the drool teething causes, and the constant wet/dry atmosphere...but that was a week ago. We have been putting lotion on it. We've tried putting diaper rash cream on it. Nothing seems to make it better! I understand that teething is a new constant from here on out, but now the rash seems really dry, and I just want it to heal. =( We have tried to be very diligent about making sure he has a big on all the time and giving the area time to breathe...nothing seems to help. He doesn't have any teeth yet and his pedi said his gums were really swollen, like he is about to get his first tooth, last week, so I am hoping we are at the height of the problem, but I just want to see if you ladies have had this problem with teething rashes. Thanks!!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: This may be 3 posts in a row.... Teething rash from drool?

• Were not there yet.... But my LOs gums are SUPER swollen too. I would say if it starts to really chaffe or crack and bleed see if your DR can prescribe you something. I know when my skin gets like that I get my vitamin E oil lotion and put it on. I also put it on my LO after a plane flight from HNL to  Boston (she was 4 mos at the time) since it was all natural she had no bad reaction and RADIANT skin.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If i have a tenacious rash I put some lanolin on it. Just used it to help heal a heinous diaper rash so maybe give it a try... straight up nipple cream saved the world again. I also use it on scratches if she scratches herself, when she gets friction rashes from her helmet, dry lips...
  • Loading the player...
  • You could try Vasoline or Aquafor.  They are both great for rashes.  DS drools a ton & I try to keep him wiped dry, but not to use too rough of a cloth.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thanks Ladies! I am going to try the lanolin and/or vasaline right noooooooooowwwww!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Mine has had this off and on since April because she is major drooler. We put Vaseline on it to keep it moist. Lotion doesn't seem to do much.
  • Just went through this with my daughter.  I used Aquaphor and it worked really well.  I cleaned the area with a wipe (I use the sensitive kind) and put Aquaphor on with every diaper change and a really thick layer before bed.  I also changed her bib whenever it was soaked - went through like 5 bibs a day!!  I was using Vaseline before but as soon as I switched to Aquaphor it seemed to get better quickly.  Not sure if it was just because it had been a few days or not...
  • I am going through this right now, and keep Vaseline on it.  It helps a ton.

• We use vaseline here, too. Pedi said we could use some baby corn starch but I never got anyway. The vaseline seems to do the trick.
  • Ours didn?t go away and Pedi gave us a prescription for one with like 6 refills because he said we can apply it once it starts to show up again. I should let you know that the first Pedi told us that it was a drool rash and to sit put?just keep it dry and clean. The second Pedi recommended the Rx ointment and aquaphor and we still use them every now and again. It?s been 3 months since she started getting the drool rash and it's been contained pretty well.
  • imageRHitch:
    I am going through this right now, and keep Vaseline on it.  It helps a ton.

This.

• my pedi gave me Yeast Infection (nystatin i believe), cream for the rash on her chin and neck, it works wonders! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"