August 2011 Moms
Options

This baby is never coming- Vent

This is a total vent becuase I am tired, hormonal and irrational. Proceed with caution :)

Last Monday I had a check up and I was 2 cm dilated and the doctor said "I will be suprised if you make it another week. You are making great progress". So I went and got excited that he would be here soon. Wed I lost my mucus plug, so I got even more excited! Then it's just been waiting. Walking a lot, spicy foods, sex when we can muster up the energy, and last night I started to have contractions that were more than BH. Sooo, today I went back in for a check up AND... no progress!!!!! I know it was technically silly for me to get my hopes up to begin with, but to hear that there was 0 progress crushed me. I actually went to my car after the appt and cried. Granted my 2 year old was up all night last night so between that and the contractions I got very little sleep and obviously right now I have a lot of hormones going, but I just broke down and cried. I stopped after a few minutes and told myself it's OK to be upset but that I have to think long term and realize that if he isn't coming yet there is a reason, and he's just in there getting big and strong and will come when the time is right. It helped some.. but I have to admit I am still a little sad.

OK Vent over... no more pity part, it could be worse and heres to hoping that everyone has healthy happy babies, and deliveries. Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: This baby is never coming- Vent

• Options

I'm sorry you're exahusted, but you're right...he is just getting stronger and stronger the longer he is in there. There is a reason he still is an inside baby :)  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Your doctor should have never said that to you its totally setting you up for disappointment.  WIth I had my first son (my water broke on Monday morning 1am) my MW said I can't believe you made it all weekend, she had seen my Friday and thought I would go anytime but at least she didn't tell me that setting me up for insanity!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I agree the doc should have kept that opinion to himself.  What a way to set you up for disappointment.  Sounds like it would be sooner than later.  The last few weeks are the absolute worst!   Time for a massage or pedicure to help you relax and take your mind off the baby biz.

• Options

Hang in there. I have been feeling 'done' as well, but this, for some reason, really put things into perspective for me.

imageDestinedtobeDomestic:

I'm sorry you're exahusted, but you're right...he is just getting stronger and stronger the longer he is in there. There is a reason he still is an inside baby :)  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"