December 2011 Moms

Tattoos to commemorate your children

Anyone planning on doing this, or already done this for one of your children? I'm planning on doing it for my little ones once LO is born. I'm having a hard time coming up with ideas though.

I already have one tattoo that I got when I was a teen (it's a tramp stamp but I designed it myself so I'm pretty proud of it). Any good websites with tattoo ideas that you know of?

Re: Tattoos to commemorate your children

• I am not a tattoo person but I saw a pretty one with stars that had the birthdays in them (without the year).
    someecards.com - I support Newt Gingrich's idea of colonizing the moon if it'll help me get away from Newt Gingrich.

My baby is two!!! Baby girl 9/17/09

My other baby is still a baby! Baby Boy 11-30-11

• I will do something for my boys once #2 is here.  I am leaning towards their initials on the underside of my wrists but I would love to hear what ideas other moms have. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm almost 100% sure my first tattoo will be my child's footprint(s) with their name and/or date of birth. Probably a lot like this:

Not sure where I'd get it, but I think somewhere visible to me, so side/stomach or maybe leg or foot.

• My DH tattoos for a living so it's commonplace for one of us to just go get one at any time. He is probably goign to sleeve out his right arm after the baby is born, but I'm not sure what exactly he will get. He has mentioned something from the movie, but who knows. When I am looking for tattoo inspiration I just google it. There are pages and pages of ideas on the internet.

I like this one though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Love the Coraline tattoo!

My BIL is a tattoo artist and I am already planning my next one. I may just do LO's name or birthday in a ribbon throughout my back piece I am working on.

My Blog
    Dream of a better world...where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.
  • I've done the girls' names but only have two of them as of now...looks like I will be adding tattoos 14 and 15 once Jude arrives :)
  • imageFletcha:

I'm almost 100% sure my first tattoo will be my child's footprint(s) with their name and/or date of birth. Probably a lot like this:

Not sure where I'd get it, but I think somewhere visible to me, so side/stomach or maybe leg or foot.

I want my DH to get something like this. I already have 3 tattoos and he has none. Maybe just the 2 feet on the top of his back, without names or dates. Maybe we will wait a couple of years to get baby #2 and do a foot for each kid. 

Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • i have a couple of tattoos...my first which i got in 2002 of the Aztec goddess of the moon...in homage, im naming my daughter Luna...

i have been planning a sleeve for a while though, and as a part of that, im getting the tree (line drawing) from Shel Silversteins The Giving Tree (my alltime fave book and now my sons favorite book)--(i actually did a mural of the tree in his first nursery), then im gonna put the little feet sticking out from the branches and trunk to represent both my kids as well as do the carvings of the hearts with initials on the trunk like in the book.. :D

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I think a tattoo to honor your baby is an awesome idea!! Try to be unique, it will be the best representation of you and your child.

I am pretty inked up as it is, so getting one for my LO is a no brainer. I started a family piece when my younger brother died and will add something for my daughter near it. I am a big fan of the elements and astrology, my brother was a water sign so I have a beautiful koi for him. My mum, father and other mother are all air signs so I did a bit that is all stars for them. My daughter, little sister and I are fire elements so the plan is to get one piece to represent all three of us. If baby is on time our birthdays will all be in order...should be fun and original.

• I know I'll get something when we're done with kids (which is probably after this one, but we'll see). I have no idea what it will be yet, but it will incorporate our girls and the m/c I had between the two.
  • I plan on doing something with initials or something to that effect.  My BIL is also a tattoo artist so it's pretty much a given!
  • I won't be getting on but I think MH will.  He just got his first tattoo a little over a week ago.  I think he's going to go with either footprints and name or handprints and name. 
    image Started TTC 11/07 BFP 09/24/08 Miscarriage 09/30/08 First cycle of clomid August 09 Second cycle of clomid September 09 BFP 09/30/09 Miscarriage 10/10/09 Three more rounds of clomid and no success Diagnosed with Unexplained Infertility Abnormal Bleeding for 3 months resulted in D&C but results were normal November 2010 100mg clomid but didn't respond December 2010 forced break for a cyst February 2011 150mg clomid but still no response March 2011 250mg clomid and responded! Ovidrel trigger shot and IUI on March 31 Beta #1 11dpo: 27 Beta #2 15dpo: 85 Beta #3 18dpo 276 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I would like to get something after this LO is born since we'll be done having kids then.  My DS's name is Kodiak so I want a bear paw print for him and this LO will probably have an earthy/hippy name so hopefully I'll can come up with a symbol for her too.
    Kodiak Jackson ~ 3.01.09
    Aspen Marley ~ 12.22.11
    My Blog of Randomness - Pocketful of Roses
  • I got a tat on the right side of my neck of my son's name and that was when I was 21 If I could do it all over again I would put it on my leg. It makes it hard to get a job in the Case Management field. I got my husbands name on my right thigh and my daughters name on my right wrist. the baby's name will go on my right ankle. If you have ever heard of keeping those closest to you on your "right Hand"!
  • i have a tataoo for my 3 year old, i have his footprint on my foot with his name and two stars (cause he was two monthes early) and i will get the same for my next son...if i have another child i will put there hand or foot print on my upper middle back close to my neck...
    image BabyFetus Ticker image imageimage
  • Speaking of tattoos for kids & yesterdays post of the David Bekham picture, did any of your see this?

Not that I will put a tat on my neck (kinda frowned upon in my field) but it made me think of this thread.

ETA:  change the picture to the one I wanted.  Who knew I had multiple Beckham pics on my computer....  Wink

• Me and MH both plan on getting tattoo's for our children. MH is talking about getting either footprints or hand prints on his upper chest (beside his shoulders) with names and birthdays. I will also get either handprints or footprints (maybe one of each??) I just haven't decided the location I want them.

BFP#1: 11/15/2010 * Missed M/C 12/28 * D&C 12/29/2010
    BFP#2: 3/31/2011 * IT'S A GIRL! * Born 11/17/2011
    BFP#3 CP 11/15/2014 
    BFP#4 9/3/2015 * Team Green turned PINK * Born 05/16/2016
    BFP#5 12/26/2017 *SURPRISE* Due 09/02/2018
  • I think this is somethin I want to do, but have no idea about what exactly I would put or where.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"