Babies: 6 - 9 Months

would you leave your 7 month old for 4 days?

my MIL won some sort of award with her company and there is a big shindig for it. everything - flights, hotel, spa days, vodka distillery tour, meals, is included, and she invited me to be her +1. but it's for 4 days/3 nights in october and the thought of leaving my LO for that long made me tear up. so i thought i'd ask mommas whose LOs are closer to that age. would you leave your LO for that long?
Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: would you leave your 7 month old for 4 days?

• At this age, I'd never plan a trip away yet, but for that kind of once in a lifetime opportunity, I would. It would be tough, but it sounds like you'd have a lot of fun.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It would be so hard to say yes to and I would probably go back and forth over it right up until the plane took off.  You should go.  Seriously when are you ever going to get all that for free! 

photo 8171fa67-0749-444f-93ec-78250e104e5f_zps37aefc95.jpg

• Loading the player...
  • Sure, I don't see why not.  Do you EBF? If so, I'm sure some others can chime in with tips on preparing. Otherwise, allow yourself the time away and enjoy! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Yes. It wouldn't be easy, but I'm done EPing, and if I had a willing trustworthy caregiver, it would be a nice time to take a trip.

BUT my LO still wakes up a million times a night, so I'd feel bad putting that on someone else. :(

EPing resource blog: http://pumpingmoms.blogspot.com We want you to contribute your story!
  • Not long ago I would have said absolutely not, but I am getting to the point now where I would leave her for a couple days.  I wouldn't leave her with just anyone, but I wouldn't have a problem with my mom watching her.  I say go and have lots of fun.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In theory I would, but there in no one but H,  near I us that I would trust to watch her for that period of time.

ETA: I just re-read your post, if it would be my H watching her, I would have no problem going.

• DH and I are going to FL for 4 days in the beginning of September for a wedding. We're leaving DD with my IL's. I trust them 110% because they already spend so much time with her. She will be 7 months when we leave and I think she will be just fine. I will probably be a nervous wreck though.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • She isn't staying anywhere overnight until she can talk. Call me crazy, idgaf.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Sure!  Especially for something like that!  You deserve to be spoiled.  :)  Will DH be watching LO while you are away?  That would make it even easier for me. 
  • I left her for three days back at 3 1/2 months with H while I went to an out of town wedding. H and I went on a trip for six days two weeks ago without her, and she stayed a few days at each grandparents' house. She had a blast, and the grandparents loved having so much time with her. It was tough to leave, but I knew she would be just fine. Harder on momma than the baby.
  • I took DS up to visit my family away from H for 4 days for a long weekend.  I know it was hard for him, and it would be equally as hard for me to be away from DS, but it may not be a bad thing.  I would miss DS terribly and personally would have a really hard time going, but I think it would be good for me to have some 'me' time and good for DS and DH to have bonding time to themselves.  

At this point, if it weren't with my H, there is no way I would leave DS with anyone else, overnight or longer.  (This may be because no one lives around us and has been consistent enough in DS's life at this point to where he really knows them like he knows us, other than our DCP, or it could be because I'm nuts and really protective, either way!) 

• DH would be staying with him. he's a SAHD and DS is FF now so he's got it covered. i just imagine DS simultaneously crying for his momma while also learning to crawl/walk/talk during those 4 days.

if she hadn't made it sound so ridiculously fantastic this would be easier (when she read the itinerary 'spa day' was a choice for at least 2 of the days). i'm leaning towards going but i want to feel at least a little confident that i won't be BSC the entire time.

Anniversary

• I would do it, especially if DH was home with LO.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Yep! I sure would. I love my EBF baby to bits but I think it is healthy for baby and Mom to have some time apart from one another. Go and enjoy yourself! 
  • I would do it.  I had to leave DD at home with DH to go away on business when she was only 3 months.  I cried on the way to the airport, but she was absolutely fine.  While I wouldn't have left her that young for a "fun" trip, at 7 months I think you're absolutely justified in going.  Plus, it's good for them to have their routine altered a little bit every once in awhile.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Yep. In fact I am next week. I have to travel OOT for work, so I haven't got much a choice. I had another 2 night conference 3 weeks ago. B stayed with my H and my mom. It was fine. I'm about 99% sure she didn't even know I was gone.
    BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

• I would!

I probably wouldn't plan a trip away with H where I'd leave A with the ILs or my parents. But if I was gone and H could stay home with the baby, I'd absolutely do it! We are going "away" (staying in a hotel in town) for our anniversary in October. He'll be about 8 months old and I'm excited!

• I have to travel for work, so I have left my LO for three days, two nights twice - and have to again next week.  It sucks, but my mom was there for one and my MIL for the other, and the nanny still came her regular hours.  I work from home so I get to spend the day with her all the time, so if some travel is the tradeoff then I guess it's not that bad.  I felt really guilty and actually leaving the second time was harder for me, but my mom kept telling me that it was good for her and me because now it won't be like my first time away is when she is 5 years old and gets really upset or something.  It's still hard though.  I cry every time.
  • Yes, DH and I left L home for 3 days with my sisters (I have 4 and they rotated watching him) when he was 4 months old.  DH earned an incentive trip to Mexico thru work. 

Then at 5 months I left DS with DH for 4 days while I went to Cali for a bachelorette party.

I am a SAHM, and it was nice to spend an extended amount of time with adults!  I missed L terribly, but I dont regret going. 

We will have the opportunity to go on free trips (well not completely free, we have to pay taxes on them) with out L atleast twice a year.  We wont go on every one, but we will go more often than not.  We have a large family that is happy and excited to take turns watching him. 

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In about a week and a half I am leaving my 10 month old home with his daddy for 6 days (5 nights) while I go on a Caribbean cruise with my cousins. Embarrassed I may just not be a very good mommy.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• When LOs were about 4 months, we booked a trip to Boston to see game 7 of semi-finals (hockey). It was a last minute thing and I felt horrible, guilty, etc. But we managed to have an amazing time! 

When LOs were 5 months, H and I went on a 3-night cruise and left them with his parents.  

This weekend H is going to a bachelor party and leaving me home! In September I am going to the beach for my BFFs birthday while he stays home. 

I know this might sound crazy to some moms, but you have to get a break sometimes!

• I left the triplets at home with DH when they were 8 months old for 3 nights 4 days, it was hard but I felt so recharged when I got home. With Jericho I would not be able to as he is 100% BFing and will not take a bottle.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • I would. My school takes a camping trip for the first 3 days of school. I went when Kate was 6 months and Caroline will be 7 months when we go this year.

If you're going to be miserable the whole time, don't go, but I think it could be really fun. And nice to get a few full nights' sleep!

"Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • image1sTimeMom2Ella:
    She isn't staying anywhere overnight until she can talk. Call me crazy, idgaf.

Not even with parents or ILs?  What about a babysitter for an evening?

"Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • I wouldn't be able to. I don't feel comfortable leaving him overnight until he's weaned, to be honest. That's just my issue, though.
  • I don't think I would.  As much as I need a vacation, I would want him with me.  Are you sure he couldn't go with you?  I BF, so that reason alone would make it hard.  But even if I were FF, I would miss him so much.
  • In a heartbeat.

When my daughter was 2 months old, we left her and our 2 year old with the in-laws and went to New York.  Admittedly, we had planned that vacation before I had even gotten pregnant with her, but still.

We just called every day, sometimes twice a day.  Plus I totally trust my inlaws to do what I ask, and keep them safe.

And you know what?  It was awesome!  We had a great time, and got a nice little break from parenting so we were ready to jump back in with both feet without being burned out. 

• We left LO for four nights a few weeks ago to go on a trip to California that was planned during my pregnancy. We had a great time, but I don't think I'd do it again. At least not for that long while he (or any of our future babies) are still BFing. It was a b!tch to pump 7 times a day, and he was refusing all bottles offered to him up until a few days before we left, so that was incredibly stressful. But, I just missed him SO much. I SAH so I'm not used to being away from him though. Maybe I would feel differently if I worked (and was used to not spending all day with him) or FFing (and wouldn't have had to pump).
  • Yes. Go and have fun!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I leave DD (6 1/2 months) nearly every week for 2-3 nights for work (since she was 2 1/2 months). I'm the primary breadwinner and the travel is a requirement of my job so, while it's not ideal it's a necessity. DD is always with DH or my parents and she does great. I honestly think it's harder on the adults than on her. 

That being said, go and enjoy yourself.  LO will be fine while you're gone. One other thing...nothing beats the smile LO gives when you come back too :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"