Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Tummy TIme

When will LO start to enjoy tummy time? 

DD is about 3 1/2 months and she still HATES tummy time. as soon as I put her down she just screams. Is there anything I can do to help her enjoy it??

Re: Tummy TIme

• Although we still do it until he starts fussing (about 10 min) our pedi said that before 4 mo tummy time is kind of hard on LO's-especially one as big as ours.  She said to get vigilant about giving him time every day after 4 mo.  Before then, it is just a bonus activity during the day.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We do tummy to tummy and that seems to help LO enjoy it more.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • LO isn't a fan of tummy time, and we usually don't do it for longer than 3-5 minutes. But he naps on his tummy every once in a while and will lay on my chest so he's still getting the benefits in other areas. I hope yours warms up to it soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We just started doing it a lot, because it's part of her PT for her neck torticullis. At Gymboree today, she loved seeing a ball roll around and tried to move her head to follow it. I just did it at home and we got to 5 minutes again.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • EM is 5 months old and HATES tummy time! We do it for 2-3 minutes but if we don't hold her one side she immediately rolls over onto her back. I'm afraid that this'll delay her in crawling. She will also not sleep on her tummy and doesn't like to cuddle on someone's chest, she keeps her head up well but hates to lay it down when on her belly. Any suggestions?
  • Tummy to tummy is good. We also do very short, five minutes or less sessions several times a day when DS is already kind of fussy. He used to scream every time, but now than he's getting stronger, he likes it about half of the time. Your LO will probably like it more when they aren't lying flat on their face.

• Thanks everyone!!  DD is already pretty good at moving/holding up her head. She was literally trying to hold her head up from day one. I'm just hoping her frustration with TT doesn't delay her from rolling over and crawling.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"