Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Baby Einstein or other suggestions?

What's the best and are they worth it?? I haven't decided if I want to get this or not. Of course I don't leave my baby in front of the tv, nor do I plan on doing so. I just know some people who really like these and recommended them. What do you ladies think?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baby Einstein or other suggestions?

• I like Baby Einstein. I borrowed a few tapes from my mom to try.
    They are nice to have on bad days or sick days. Like today.
    I really really needed a nap, so I threw a few toys down on a blanket, popped in a Baby Einstein, and laid beside her.

Hmm.. That story sounds flame-worthy. But don't worry-- she's not mobile enough to get into anything.
    I wasn't just being lazy. Low blood sugar. Slow thyroid. Blegh. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That's okay, it's totally understandable. I'm almost positive the people who would flame you for that have done it themselves. Everybody has bad days! Hope you feel better and thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • I LOVE LOVE LOVE Baby Signing TIme.  I hate baby Einstein because I think it is sooo boring. 
  • my nephew has almost all the baby einsteins, and some of them are downright weird! Just a heads up.
  • We love their toys but haven't put the baby in front of the tv yet. No flame here...just giving a little input. You might find some of them at the library...
  • Thanks ladies, I just looked at a video on youtube of one of the Baby Einsteins, I thought it was kind of weird... haha and a little boring... So we may try something else.
  • imageCheerbuddyloves her hubby:
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE Baby Signing TIme.  I hate baby Einstein because I think it is sooo boring. 
    I'm with ya. I had to watch one on a road trip a few years ago when I was stuck in the back seat with a friend of mine's kid. Watching paint dry would have been more exciting. The one I saw had no talking...just film toys moving around. I think there are more quality programs out there that you could even DVR off the million kids' channels on cable these days.
  • I bought two at the consignment shop to see what all of the hype was about and my baby had absolutely no interest.  maybe when she is older?  Anyways, she is so content to just play by herself on her mat so I can't complain.  I do love the Raffi dvd and put it on every now and then and sing along with it with my LO...she giggles like crazy.
  • If you are looking for something educational, DD loves the Little Pim series. We won one when DS was 18 months old, and he still adores them. DD finds them fascinating when they are on, and she waves at the panda every time they come on.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to be over, it's about learning how to dance in the rain." -Unknown

Married 3-1-08  |  Nathan 11-24-08  |  Kaelyn 11-30-10  |  Alicia  8-17-13

• We have a variety of Baby Einstein DVDs that my mom bought. Lena likes them and they often help me get dinner made or a quick shower... but her favorite is Fisher Price "Musical Baby" she gets so excited seeing other kids/babies :)
  • Leo, too, finds baby einstein boring, maybe he's still too little, but he absolutely loves mickey mouse clubhouse, he'd start giggling as soon as MM comes up in the screen

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • We have a couple Baby Faith DVDs that DS likes. I put one on last week when he was teething/cranky/clingy for like 3 days in a row and I had to get stuff done. It distracts him just enough so that he's not pulling on my leg whining for a little bit. For the most part he doesn't sit still or pay attention long enough to actually watch them but every now and again something on it will catch his eye.
  • imagemrebecca:
    I like Baby Einstein. I borrowed a few tapes from my mom to try.
    They are nice to have on bad days or sick days. Like today.
    I really really needed a nap, so I threw a few toys down on a blanket, popped in a Baby Einstein, and laid beside her.

Hmm.. That story sounds flame-worthy. But don't worry-- she's not mobile enough to get into anything.
    I wasn't just being lazy. Low blood sugar. Slow thyroid. Blegh. 

I've done it too, when my LO wasn't mobile. He always hated Baby Einstein though. He likes Handy Manny, Choo Choo Soul (we have the DVD that plays all of the songs) or Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • Sesame Street, Nick Jr (pretty much anything), and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse are favorites in my house.  I just DVR some of the episodes and put them on for 30 minutes - 1 hour every day.  My 3 year old watches it the entire time.  DS probably watches for about 5 minutes before he wants to chew on the remote instead.

I have Baby Einstein DVDs that were not even open because the two that I did open were completely ignored by DD.

• I have baby e. DS loves the Aquarium one/Ocean. I put it on before bed so he calms down a little. In order to avoid the running/crawling around, and allows him to wind down a bit. I'll have to try some of the others people mentioned too !
  • We prefer Classical Baby over Baby Einstein. 
  • I've got a Nick Jr Curious Buddies DVD. My DS loves it! I didnt want to be the mom that plops her kid in front of the tv but sometimes it's all I can do to get something done!

SEAHAWKS! And... Macklemore. Seattle's WINNING! 
  • Baby Einstein is really wierd.  The stupid poems drove me crazy, and not enough action for my LO.  We just use the On Demand shows and she LOVES Little Einsteins.  Also Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and Dora.  I think they are all on Disney Pre-School on Demand.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"