Baby Showers

Paper vs. Evite

I'm planning a shower for my friend and can't decide on the invite method.

paper: pros - classier, prettier, more traditional
cons - will cost about $75 with postage and everything and people are so bad about RSVP'ing with paper invites these days.

Evite: pros - free so I can spend more on something else, easy to RSVP
cons - doesn't feel as "nice".

I dunno. I'm stuck. any thoughts?

Re: Paper vs. Evite

• Paper. Evites are for BBQs not showers. If people are going to buy gifts and take time out to attend, they should at least be able to be sent a paper invite. Also if there is an address on the invite it is nice for people to bring it with them instead of having to print it themselves or write it on a post it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Paper.  Evites are not appropriate for showers.  Most of the evites I get go into my junk mail and I never see it.

2.5.14 LMP - 3.15.14 BFP - 4.4 u/s confirmed no sac - 4.10 ruptured tube with emergency surgery

• Loading the player...
  • Paper.  If people are expected to bring gifts, the least they can get is a real invitation.  You can still set up an online event and just use the rsvp function if you want.  On the invite, just tell guests the site to go to to rsvp, or send out a reminder email with a link or something.
  • Paper for sure. To make it easier for people to RSVP you can list an email address instead of just a phone number.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Gift giving function = Paper invite. Period.

My Old Blog | My Chart | TTCAL Shenanigans
    ♥BFP #1 "Spawn"- 02/23/11 | EDD: 11/01/11 | natural m/c 03/20/11 @7w5d♥
    ♥BFP #2 "Offspring"- 11/10/12 | EDD: 07/25/13 | incomplete m/c 12/14/12 @8w1d | D&C 12/21/12♥
    ♥BFP #3 "Progeny" - 02/16/15 | It's a BOY!! | EDD: 10/17/15 | BD: 10/23/15
    All AL Always Welcome

• ok cool this is just what I needed. I was leaning that way but just needed the shove.

Thanks ladies!!

• Paper.Evites are tacky like PPs said. I prefer paper to attach to my calendar. It helps everyone to see what is going on that day.

If you have to do evites,  send out a week before the event if they haven't RSVP'd.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image.
  • I would rather get a cheap paper invite from Party City or Walmart (actually, they have some nice ones, I take that back) than an e-vite or, God forbid, a Facebook event. I just think that invitations for traditional get-togethers should be on paper.

• I did both...Punchbowl.com and send the invites to my Facebook friends and also send paper invites to family and friend that they don't have FB...RSVP was answer quick online and I only got 2 RSVP answers from the paper invitations...
  • Paper. In addition to what the others said, the MTB will probably want one as a keepsake for the baby book, maybe even grandmas too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Absolutely Paper. Evites are tacky. I know someone who did Evites for her wedding. Alot of those that were invited will not be going because they feel it was not personal. Evites are junkmail.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Try somethig like vistaprint.com.  That's where we did mine and I actually used postcards.  They had a deal for 100 for $10 (+ shipping).  I have done all my invites through them for years.
    -Jill Brokering BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"