February 2012 Moms

For women on pregnancy #2

This might be a stupid question, but what do braxton hicks contractions feel like? Today at work, and again this evening I've had bad cramping. I've taken some Tylenol to help with the discomfort. I'm not spotting or anything and can still hear their heartbeats, so I don't think it's anything to be concerned about. I'm not sure if its just normal cramping or braxton hicks. Care to lend your opinion?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: For women on pregnancy #2

• I don't think they would be BH yet. I only had them once at about 7 months. It felt like sharp tightening across my belly. It made me have to sit down. My doc said when that happens drink lots of water. GL!
  • This is my first, and I've been experiencing cramping (not as bad as period cramps) as well. I asked my doctor about it on Tuesday and she said it's RLP. Since our uterus's are growing, they're stretching and pulling on the ligaments. 

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's too early for Braxton Hicks.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Expecting #2 In June 2014
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemanda42:

This is my first, and I've been experiencing cramping (not as bad as period cramps) as well. I asked my doctor about it on Tuesday and she said it's RLP. Since our uterus's are growing, they're stretching and pulling on the ligaments. 

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's too early for Braxton Hicks.  

Thanks! That makes sense! I think I'm over thinking everything since it is a twin pregnancy.

• drink water! :)
    aidan kincaid (12.19.06) sawyer grace (7.30.08) 
    reese madeline (5.11.10) miller paige (2.6.12)
    girl #5 due december 2013.

13 galveston1

IG: punkfictionv4

• I had BH really early on with my first and all through my pregnancy. I dont think you're having BH though. BH dont hurt, your uterus tightens up and then relaxes. Like pp said drink lots of water and see if that helps :)
  • Thanks for the input ladies!
  • Yep sounds like round ligament pain to me. I've had it a little bit with this pregnancy.
  • Cramping down low (especially after you move) is likely RLP.

BH are a super hard tightening of your belly.  They won't come til later on.  They never really hurt when I had them but they can be uncomfortable.  It's so weird b/c your belly will get rock hard and then release.  Oh, and mine were up high on my stomach.

* DS1...allergic to dairy, peanuts, eggs and turkey *

love is for every her, love is for every him, love is for everyone
  • I started with BH around 18 weeks with #1. It didn't hurt. It felt tight like something was squeezing my belly.
    Oct 2008 m/c #1 5 weeks, May 2009 m/c #2 4w5d. BFP 6/23/09 EDD 3/8/10!
    You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. -Eleanor Roosevelt
    After 1 year of TTC#2 BFP May 2011 m/c #3 4w2d. Off to RE.

Round 1: Femara + Ovidrel +TI = BFP! EDD 2/20/12
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    2IF does not always equal 3IF...Surprise!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"