Trying to Get Pregnant

Cramping after ovulation. Early sign of pregnancy?

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I tried for a baby this month and I have noticeable cramping in my mid section already.  I am only 1 day after ovulation.  Is this an early sign of pregnancy?  I never feel ovulation for have cramping afterwards.  Just curious.

Thanks!

Leah

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Cramping after ovulation. Early sign of pregnancy?

• 1 DPO is way too early for symptoms

DS - Born 6/17/12 

DS#2 - Due 2/11/15

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I have cramps (mostly sharp, stabbing cramps on one side only - although the side switches) pretty much every day O - around CD 13, when they turn into straight up AF cramps.  No BFPs yet.  Sorry.  I used to think this was a pregnancy symptopm - now I just think it is me being much more aware of my body and overanalyzing every little thing.
  • Loading the player...
  • How do you know you ovulated?

Take a peak at the blog at the top of the webpage and then take a look around fertilityfriend.com, which you will be directed to by clicking on one of our signatures.  Maybe even grab a copy of Taking Charge of your Fertility.

Cramping is also different for everyone.

ME: 31 PCOS - DH: 32 Perfect. 
    TTC #1 started 8.2010. 
    BFP #1 3.2.11Blighted ovum, missed m/c, 4.3.11-6.22.11 Provera

BFP #2 Aug 2011 Clomid 50mg+Met missed m/c found 9w5d | cytotec 10.26.11 
    BFP #3 - CD36 - Jan. 2012 - 100mg Clomid + 2000met-  Baby Boy born 10.06.12 with 1 in a billion CHD. Perfect otherwise. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Open Heart Surgery @ 5 months old.Happy, healthy, and as normal as could be!  We thank God every day.EP/BF for 12.5 months

TTC#2 - November 2012

BFP #4:  O'd on CD25 (Aug. 2014).  DD May 6, 2015. RCS planned.
    Beta@14dpo: 184, 17dpo: 520.  44 hr. doubling time.  p4: 54U/S 8 weeks 1 day, 161 bpm
  • Yes, it is probably too early to show any signs of pregnancy. How do you know that you O'd yesterday? Are you using FF? As another newbie, I have found using FF really helpful.

This was my first cycle TTC and my first cycle noticing major O pain, as well. For me I think it was more about being more "in tune" with my body and noticing everything. Good luck to you and welcome!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes, it is probably too early to show any signs of pregnancy. How do you know that you O'd yesterday? Are you using FF? As a nother newbie, I have found using FF really helpful.

This was my first cycle TTC and my first cycle noticing major O pain, as well. For me I think it was more about being more "in tune" with my body and noticing everything. Good luck to you and welcome!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If you did O yesterday, and if you conceived, then your egg and sperm, I think,  would be on a little road trip down the fallopian freeway. No symptoms yet. 

Lucky Cycle 13 image Can I get a bump? "If I had the chance I'd fight every single one of u *** dumpsters. All at once too and I'd take down every one of u wh***bags...screw the bump bunch of p***ies!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Chow on my @SS." - Roxianne17 "Would you like some tampons to go with your b*tchy posts?" - NickAndJess7
  • I have been tracking my cycle for the past 8 months.  According to my chart I should have ovulated yesterday.  I too think I may be paying more attention to my body than I have ever have!  I guess I'll find out in two weeks!  Thank you all for your thoughts, I appreciate it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I tend to get pretty bad cramps during ovulation and usually for a couple days afterwards. I'm 3 DPO today and I don't have cramps today. I havent ever been pregnant though. It really depends on your body and how you normally feel when you ovulate. Some people swear cramping after ovulation does mean something but I don't think there's any solid proof that it reflects pregnancy or "implantation". It's far too early for actual pregnancy symptoms.

Best of luck to you though!

Me: 32 / H: 35
    Married 9-19-2009
    Baby Karrot 1.0 - 6.18.2012 - She's here! Via C-section @ 38 weeks.
    Baby Karrot 2.0 -
    6.25.2015 - He's here! Via VBAC @ 36 weeks.
    Baby Karrot 3.0 - 3.9.2017 - BFP @ 9 DPO! EDD 11.20.2017 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagerlslicer:

I have noticeable cramping in my mid section already.  I am only 1 day after ovulation.  Is this an early sign of pregnancy? 

it's a sign of ovulation.   No way you're feeling anything pregnancy related at 1dpo because you are not pg at this point.

FWIW, I had pregnancy cramping with #1 on 12dpo.   I never had any with #2.

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • If cramping after ovulation = pregnancy, then I would be pregnant every month.  Even if conception occurred, no symptoms would be prevalent yet.  I would suggest that you try not to let everything let twinge make you instantly think you're pregnant, otherwise you will probably go nuts. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • No, no it is not. As pp said, way too early for any of that. Probably ovulation cramps.
  • I had cramping on 2 and 3 dpo for the cycle I had my CP. I'm not sure if it had anything to do with the pregnancy though. It could have been that I exercised pretty hard the day before. 
    TTC #1 since 4/2011. Cycle 1 = BFN. Cycle 2 = BFN. Cycle 3 = BFP 6/28. CP 7/2. Cycle 4 = TTA. Cycle 5 = BFN. Started progesterone. Cycle 6 = Disaster. Cycle 7 = Progesterone. BFN Cycle 8 = BFN. Cycle 9 = BFN. Cycle 10 = BFP 1/1/12. C/P 1/8/12. Cycle 11 = BFP 2/3. Stick! Due 10/15/12. Baby girl arrived via c-section on 10/10/12 after 20 hours of labor. Welcome my love!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"