3rd Trimester

I drank Dr. Pepper...

I drank a Dr. Pepper this morning (breakfast of champions, I know) and now I feel so guitly.  My little boy got REALLY active for about 30 minutes.  I really wanted the little boost of caffeine.... eeeeek.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I drank Dr. Pepper...

• i think you'll be okay! you can have caffine while youre preggers
  • i have one a day. that is the one thing i couldn't give up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Glad I'm not alone ;)  Just felt strange that he got SO active after drinking it.  Like I had drugged him... poor little guy.
  • I pretty much drink caffiene once a day. My little guy is always quite active afterwords. It's nothing to be worried about or feel guilty over...
  • It's okay. I have a small cup of coffee every once in awhile if I slept horrible the night before Tongue Tied Also it's probably the carbonation (SP) that made him get all riled up too because I have orange soda on occasions and it always get my LO all crazy and there is no caffeine in it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagePinaysis86:
    It's okay. I have a small cup of coffee every once in awhile if I slept horrible the night before Tongue Tied Also it's probably the carbonation (SP) that made him get all riled up too because I have orange soda on occasions and it always get my LO all crazy and there is no caffeine in it.

I agree.. I buy IBC root beer and it has no caffine in it but my little man goes nuts. Its all about the carbonation. 

• I drink Diet Dr. Pepper every.single.day.
    Laura
  • I mostly try to avoid caffeine but when I do have it I don't feel guilty.  One Dr. Pepper is fine.  Your baby is probably active more from the sugar than the caffeine anyway.  Mine goes nuts a few minutes after I have anything sweet.
  • I try to avoid caffeine even before I got preggo. But sometimes I crave for a coke.

This morning I wen starbucks had a white chocolate mocha de cafe, non fat milk and no whip. Baby was still active in my belly. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • You will be fine. I drink coffee every morning and a soda every now and then.......Everyone looks at caffeine in different ways, no biggie!
    "You and me together can do anything, baby!!" DMB
    Married October 16th, 2010
    TTC #1 since October 2010
    1st BFP 1-12-11
    MC'd 1-22-11
    2nd BFP 2-15-11
    Our Wee One....**KENNEDY JO** born 10/3/11@ 36weeks via Csection
    My BFP Chart
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Labor Buddy to **MRS.ATCH** Welcome Quinn 11-5-11**
  • You'll be just fine and so will you LO. Don't let one soda freak you out - you can have some caffine.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Proud Mom to the ZooCrew - Jack 3 years old and Joey 21 months. 
    Excited and delighted to welcome the 3rd member of the ZooCrew in 2015! We can't wait to meet you Matthew Henry!
  • I just had a medium cherry pepsi....so good!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo15Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Relax I drank coffee and Cokes for every pregnancy but this one. This is my fifth. Usually both each and every day. They all turned out fine.  This little guy makes me sick if I drink caffeine. Boy do I miss coffee and Coke.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image.
  • I couldn't completely give up caffeinated drinks.  I do go away from my pre-prego diet drinks, though.  Although you are allowed to have some every day, I limit myself to 2-3 caffeinated a week.

Like PPs...LO is active when I drink anything...caffeinated or not!

• Awwww don't feel guilty - one Dr. Pepper isn't going to hurt the baby - heck - even one or two Dr. Pepper's a day won't hurt.  Your body goes through so much while pregnant - enjoy little things like this in moderation!  :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I drink caffeine every single day. I wouldn't be able to live without coke and sweet tea.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wouldnt feel bad! I had a little chai tea with caffiene and felt a little guilty but its not like I drink a gallon of tea everyday :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm drinking one right now. Ain't no shame in my game.
  • Caffeine is fine in moderation. My doc says up to 300 mg (I think it's mg) per day.
  • I wouldn't worry!  We're allowed to have caffeine.  =)

// I love you too. //

• it was probably from all the sugar not the caffeine! i drink a cup or two of coffee every day. it's fine.
  • Don't feel too bad. Due to my cronic migrains and not being able to take what I normally would to make it ease up, my O.B. recomended caffeine at least once a day to keep them at bay.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Most doctors/literature say that up to 200mg a day is fine.  A can of soda usually has less than 30mg of caffeine.  Don't overreact.

• imagemrj322:
    i have one a day. that is the one thing i couldn't give up.

Ditto, it keeps my headaches away.

• For me I cannot drink any caffine and I got sick for a whole week after giving up coffee.  It just makes my baby so jumpy which then has me both feeling guilty and feeling uncomfortable.  I love feeling the movements but they come so fast and sharp when I drink caffine so I stay away. Don't feel badly though that you needed the boost.  A little cannot hurt I am sure.  Good Luck to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"