High-Risk Pregnancy

Daily Bed Rest Check-In 8/05/11 (Fri)

Happy Friday!!

Everyone can mark another week off of their bedrest calendar!  Yeah!!  I loved the responses to yesterdays book title question.  You girls crack me up!

Daily Questions:

1.  What was the last book you read?

2.  What televion show(s) are you addicted to?

3.  What is the best concert you have ever been to?

4.  Are you still able to paint your toe nails?

5.  Post-baby, what are you looking forward to?

Have a great weekend!  See you all Monday!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Daily Bed Rest Check-In 8/05/11 (Fri)

• 1. im in the middle of what to expect when your expecting and your pregnancy week by week.

2.teen mom  

3.spice girls

4.i have not tried, but if i move right i probably could

5. breastfeeding, having sex again, and starting the baby on solids. i know that wont be for a while but im excited to go and buy/make babyfood and trying different combinations and the funny faces they make. 

have a great weekend everyone! 

• Okay if I join in on this? I'm normally on the September 2011 board, but have been placed on home bed rest for pre-e. This is only day 2 of bedrest for me, so I can't claim nearly the frustration with it that some of you can...but I already don't like it. I'll say that for sure. 

1. Currently reading The Friday Night Knitting Club.

2. Grey's Anatomy during the year, for sure.

3. Ingrid Michaelson on a Hotel Cafe tour. Also saw her in a tiny little college town pizzeria, and actually MET HER in the bathroom. Made a total fool of myself.

4. That would be an interesting experiment. For the sake of our leather couch, though, I won't try. Stick out tongue I doubt it would work very well.

5. RUNNING. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • 1.  What was the last book you read? The last book I read was an E-book from the Humane Society on how to prepare your pets for the Baby. I am also refering to the What to expect when your expecting book my mom left at my house, from time to time about symptoms and questions.

2.  What televion show(s) are you addicted to? Burn Notice, and NCIS

3.  What is the best concert you have ever been to? OAR. I saw them in Maryland and they were amazing.

4.  Are you still able to paint your toe nails? Very very Akwardly

5.  Post-baby, what are you looking forward to? Fitting into some of my non-preggo clothes. Sleeping without needing a million pillows and enjoying the ridiculously obscene amounts of caffine I have become used to needing in order to function properly.

• Daily Questions:

1.  What was the last book you read? A Clash of Kings:A Song of Ice and Fire (2nd book in the Game of Thrones series) not the type of books I normally read, but really good

2.  What televion show(s) are you addicted to? True Blood, The Daily Show

3.  What is the best concert you have ever been to? there are so many, some of my favorites: Dave Matthews Band (many times), Bad Religion, The Specials, U2 (my first concert)

4.  Are you still able to paint your toe nails? not well, but I can do it :)

5.  Post-baby, what are you looking forward to? Other than kissing and cuddling this baby girl, having a cold glass of wine and being able to get out of bed without rolling!

BFP #1 6/21/08 natural m/c 7/4/08 BFP #2 10/3/08 blighted ovum discovered 11/5/08 D&C 11/13/08 dx with hetero MTHFR 1/7/09 BFP #3 7/1/09 DS born 3/7/10 BFP #4 1/27/10 DD born 9/4/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1) I dnt like to read so the last thing I read was prob a magazine 2) lately hells kitchen, master chef, teen mom jersey shore 3) the last and only concert I have been to was 95 new edition concert 4) Ive been on bed rest since 13 wks so my mom has been painting them 5) Im looking forward to just be able to do normal things again cook clean be free and knowing lo is ok
  • Daily Questions:

1.  What was the last book you read?

I havent had time for a book in a long time... Except some pregnancy books. The last really good one I read, though, was 'The Book Theif'

2.  What televion show(s) are you addicted to?

Pawn Stars, Canadian Pickers... My guilty pleasure: Keeping up with the Kardashians :S

3.  What is the best concert you have ever been to?

I haven't been to many, but I went and saw the Trans Siberian Orchestra this past Christmas and that was pretty awesome :)

4.  Are you still able to paint your toe nails?

Haha, I wish! I can't put on pants without help anymore!

5.  Post-baby, what are you looking forward to?

Working out again, finally getting to see baby Ellie, getting to be a mommy, not being pregnant anymore (lol)... Being off bed rest.

One more week and I'm off bed rest ladies!! On the 14th, I will be 37 weeks and I was given the go-ahead to do what I'm comfortable doing once I hit that point (probably won't be too much after a month of inactivity, but its something)! I'm so so so excited!

Have a good weekend!

Vote on my Baby Names here!
    VOTE on my Name List
    Surprise! Baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Welcome Heather!  I know bedrest isn't ideal but it works!  Please come back on Monday for our next round of questions!   

1. What was the last book you read? An Apple a Day

2. What televion show(s) are you addicted to? Switched at Birth, The Bachelor, Tosh.0

3. What is the best concert you have ever been to? Bob Dylan, Phish, all of the Bonnaroo music festivals.

4. Are you still able to paint your toe nails? I haven't tried painting them but I did clip them yesterday.

5. Post-baby, what are you looking forward to? Coffee! Intimacy! Getting my body back.  Shopping.

• Daily Questions:

1. What was the last book you read? I am currently reading the book "Mockingjay" which is the last book in the Hunger Games trilogy. Someone on one of the boards recommended them and even though they are technically for young adults, I have really enjoyed them.

2. What televion show(s) are you addicted to? Right now since it is summer I watch True Blood, Royal Pains, Covert Affairs, Rizzoli and Isles and Entourage.  During the rest of the year I love Castle, Bones, Fringe and Supernatural

3. What is the best concert you have ever been to? I am a sign language interpreter and I interpret concerts more than attend them and I think the best was in 2002 when I interpreted for Paul McCartney when he was here in St. Louis.  I also interpreted for Tim McGraw a couple years ago and he is just pretty to look at:)

4. Are you still able to paint your toe nails? No, I can't even see my toenails unless I stand a certain way, I am all about the pedicure

5. Post-baby, what are you looking forward to? Being able to sleep comfortably, I know I won't be sleeping alot, but I am hoping it is better sleep than I am getting now.  Also, being intimate with my DH, I know that takes time after LO arrives, it is just so awkward and uncomfortable now and I really miss that connection even though since becoming pregnant I think we are closer than we have ever been.

Update: I spent the morning being monitored in the hospital, I woke up early today really nauseous, my bp spiked up and I wasn't feeling LO nearly as much as usual.  So we went and got hooked up to the monitor and of course as soon as they find the heartbeat, LO starts kicking like crazy.  Since I scheduled to be induced Monday I was hoping they would keep me, but my bp went back down so they sent me home and told me to come back  Monday.  So no outside baby yet, and DH and I are going to have one more weekend with just the two of us.  I can't believe that Monday  or Tuesday is going to be the day we meet our LO and finally find out if it is a boy or girl!!Big Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi! On day 5 of bedrest. Beyond sore and already over this. 

I'm on strict bedrest with potty breaks allowed and a shower every other day.  Dialted between 1 and 2 cm.

1. I read "The Help" whilein L&D earlier this week. It was VERY good!

2. Big Brother!, Baby Story  and Four Weddings on TLC are currently my favs.

3. Flogging Molly was awesome! Sister Hazel was great! N'Sync was superb, nd I have no shame in saying it! 

4. Maybe- but I'd probably hurt  myself trying.

5.  Seeing m y daughters together! A nice cold adult beverage. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 1. What was the last book you read? Reread Harry Potter series for at least the 12th time.

2. What televion show(s) are you addicted to? None, I don't watch TV.

3. What is the best concert you have ever been to? Any Indigo Girls show...I've been to many.

4. Are you still able to paint your toe nails? I haven't tried, but I think I could.

5. Post-baby, what are you looking forward to? Sex.

• 1. Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Twins. I need to read something non-baby related!

2. I'm a closet Real Housewives watcher. It's like a car accident that you can't look away from. My favorite is Jersey & NY. I usually watch it on demand b/c DH makes fun of me:)

3. Dave Matthews at Red Rocks in Colorado many years ago. 

4. HA! I doubt it. I did paint them 3 or 4 weeks ago. I had to get myself into a pretzel to reach them. I'm pretty sure there's no chance I could reach them now. I'm looking forward to getting a pedicure here in the next couple weeks!

5. Sushi & Wine!!! My mom is coming to stay for a month once the babies are here (and home) I've already told her once I've recovered and am feeling up to it DH & I are going to my favorite sushi restaurant and she is staying with the twins for an hour or so:)

• Daily Questions:

1.  What was the last book you read? I can't remember the title (pregnancy brain and exhausted today) but it was Mitch Albom's last book.

2.  What televion show(s) are you addicted to? The Real Houswives of NJ

3.  What is the best concert you have ever been to? It was a performance, not a concert. But an artist named Toya was performing and I thought one of her dancers was cute. We exchanged numbers. Almost 10 years later, 7 of which we've been married, a two year old and twins on the way... I'm still in love with that dancer! Best concert ever... Who would have thought we would ever get married meeting this way!

4.  Are you still able to paint your toe nails? Ha! I wish! A pedicure is first on my list if/when BR ends!

5.  Post-baby, what are you looking forward to? Seeing their little faces for the first time, nursing them, introducing them to my family, and learning what our new normal will be.

Updates: - Had appt with hematologist yesterday and started iron infusions today. I have to go 6 days a week for 12 treatments, take a break for a few days and repeat for the rest of my pregnancy. I had a hard time grasping this news yesterday and had a bad attitude about it. But, today I decided to change my outlook because it could be worse. 1st infusion went well and was no big deal. - Next MFM appt is Tuesday. Cervical length check and FFN test Wednesday.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Josiah James

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Naomi Rose

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"