August 2011 Moms

36 week appt was a bust...

Can I vent?? So not happy!! I have made no progression!! I wasn't aiming high, I just wanted atleast 1 cm but I didn't even get that! I have barely started to thin out and my baby is measuring big with a big head so Dr said I should be expecting an episiotomy -_- not a happy day at all... I'm hoping my next appointment I will have something more than this Sad
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 36 week appt was a bust...

• I'm sorry you're feeling discouraged, but it's still very early. I wasn't even 1cm until 39 weeks/4 days. It'll happen soon!
  • I think I'd cut a dr. who told me at just 36 wks to expect an episiotomy. You're not even in labor, he has no clue if you'll need one. I have narrow hips/pelvis, and DS had a huge head--I passed him through just fine w/o tearing or an episiotomy.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am not dilated at all!  Don't be discouraged.  It's really early
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Don't be discouraged! I am 37 weeks and showing no signs of dialiting either, and barely starting to thin out.  You still have a month left to bake that baby.  Try and be thankful that LO will get a full cooking time!
  • At my 37 week apt I was closed high and firm.  I just had an apt today at 11 and I decided I didn't want to have an internal.  I didn't think I could handle the dissappointment.  :-(  The only thing we can all do is wait.  I am going completely batty and I'm not even at my due date yet. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo15Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Don't be down! With DD, at my 39w 3d appt, DD still hadn't dropped, I wasn't effaced and I wasn't even dialated. The doc said he would see me in a few days on my EDD and the next morning my water broke and DD was born at 39w 4d. So I wouldn't worry about progessing it could happen any time. And if you are early or late, whenever your LO decides to come it will be the best wait of your life. It is soooo worth it!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagemegd06:
    I think I'd cut a dr. who told me at just 36 wks to expect an episiotomy. You're not even in labor, he has no clue if you'll need one. I have narrow hips/pelvis, and DS had a huge head--I passed him through just fine w/o tearing or an episiotomy.

Ya I raised an eyebrow at that one! I didn't like that comment at all. Well thanks ladies I still have 26 days so no need to freak out I guess haha just disappointed! Hopefully next week??? Wink

• I went in for my 36 wk yesterday and was suprised to hear I was 50% enffaced and 2 cms- I have a full schedule of things to do this week and next, so this baby better just stay in!
  • They offered me an internal yesterday at my 36w appt and I declined. You've still got plenty of time!

"For a long time there were only your footprints & laughter in our dreams & even from such small things, we knew we could not wait to love you forever." ~storypeople.com   

My Blog - Taking You Home

• Aw I'm sorry, but 36 weeks is really early. 

Also, just keep in mind that some women don't make any progress until they are in labor or their water breaks!  

• I had my baby at 36 weeks and he went to NICU right away for a week...that should cheer you up that you have made no progress yet  :-)   Be happy he is still in there cooking!
  • I had my 36 week appointment yesterday and no signs of my baby wanting to come soon.  I'm not dialated or any bit effaced and he hasn't dropped yet.  So you are not alone.  My Dr told me that it really doesn't mean anything..you could be 3cm and effaced for several weeks or not be dialated and effaced at all and then go into labor that night, so it's not really a for sure indicator either way. 

BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"