3rd Trimester

Team Green: Nursery decor?

Do you have a specific theme or color? I'm actually team blue but not really into blue, looking for ideas that are more gender neutral like greens and yellows. Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Team Green: Nursery decor?

• I can't stand baby blue! But it's really hard to find nursery bedding for boys that doesn't have that color in there a little.

So I had to make my own.

We are going with a music/drum theme. Inspiration is Michael Miller's Groovy Guitar fabric in lagoon blue, lime/avacado green, black, white and grey!

I thought my MIL was going to have a heart attack when I mentioned "black and white" in his nursery colors. But we love it! HA!

No pix yet bc it's not done.

But look on etsy.com for ideas. There is tons of bedding there and most shops let you pick from ANY fabric out there!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hey! I had MUCH fun decorating my team green nursery, I went with greens and yellows mostly....here's a link to pictures on my blog.

https://seakettlediaries.blogspot.com/2011/07/all-we-need-now-is-baby.html 

I think even if I did know the gender, I'd still do something similar, I'm not really into intense pinks and blues, anyway. 

Good luck! (and I can't believe your baby's position in that picture, looks kind of uncomfortable, but I think he/she will be a great gymnast someday) :) 

A Walk in the Country
  • Loading the player...
  • I am not team green this time but I was with my last one. A color I think works well with team green or either gender for that matter is the creams. You could combine colors like cream, beige, white, and even throw a little touch or brown or something in there if you wanted. I am team pink and I have a lot of cream stuff for her. It's just so adorable and it goes either way. 
    Pregnancy Ticker image
  • We painted light green and all accessories and bedding is Winnie the Pooh.
  •  

I am basically doing green and brown.  I am painting walls green and have brown curtains.  I needed gender neutral and loved the polka dots and stripes and opened the door for a green and brown room.

https://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=trend+lab+dr.+seuss+abc&hl=en&rlz=1T4RNWN_enUS225US225&prmd=ivns&biw=1259&bih=620&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=7536376399821146835&sa=X&ei=29A6TpmOGKjNsQL_kqwb&ved=0CGsQ8wIwAA#

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We never really did decide on a theme but things kind of came together on their own. 

The house we moved into, the room was already painted a nice soft yellow.  My dad gave me an antique sage green (maybe a tad lighter) rocking chair and we had to put some room darkening curtains up anyway and DH found some great ones in green.  

We also have touches of dark brown.

We are not really doing a nursery theme, per say but more a room for the baby. We have vintage books, a few stuffed animals DH and I gave each other over the years and and old record cover of The Muppets Movie framed (love that movie). 

Kind of sounds random but it really does work. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Me (33) DH (32) WFHM * Coffee & Beach Addict *Running is my Paxil*
  • Cute plow pose:) Well all the walls of my house are a light honey color so we decided to paint the bottom half of the room a grass like green. Then we put up a jungle themed border in the middle splitting the color and bought some jungle decals at Babies R Us. Super cute!
  • We are team green and did a tourquoise/teal color with lots of white trim and then green bedding. 

We used the bananafish Joshua bedding set which is meant for a boy, but I thought was neutral enough in case it was a girl.  

Link to my blog with pictures is in my siggy! 

• Im team green and it took me forever to figure out what I wanted to do for our nursery. I found this bedding from pottery barn https://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/sweet-lambie-nursery-bedding-set/?catalogId=5&bnrid=3580801&cm_ven=GoogleBase&cm_cat=Shopping&cm_pla=Home%20page&cm_ite=Datafeed

A lot of people that reviewed it said they were having boy & girl twins and they really thought it was a good gender neutral bedding. I wanted to stay as far away from any yellow or green, my DH is a John Deere freak so I already have plenty of yellow and green items in my house. So the wall color is going to be like a dark-medium khaki color with white trim. I was even thinking of making the ceiling color darker than the walls but Im not sure about that yet. I guess the "theme" is going to be lambs but Im not going to go all out with that part Im just going to keep the theme confined to the bedding.

photo dca9b006-0f54-4503-ad9d-536560d9d80f.jpg
    Mr C born 10/25/11  Miss M born 9/11/14
  • LO's nickname is Lightening Bug so we went with a Bug/Garden theme. We painted the walls yellow and I'm making a wall hanging with felt applique bugs and trees and flowers and things mixed in with the alphabet.

We're holding off on the rest of the decorations until Bug is born unless we can convince its very artistic uncle to make us some cool custom Lightening Bug art.  

I hate baby blue and pink, so even if we did know what gender LO is now, we'd still have gone with green or yellow or primary colors. 

BFP #1 05/11/10 Natural m/c 05/17/10 BFP #2 12/07/10 Natural m/c 12/12/10 BFP #3 01/21/11 Taking Prometrium, Baby Aspirin, and two injections of heparin a day Lightning Bug was born a healthy and happy 7lbs 14oz on 9/20/211
  • we were team green first time around and this time too so we did a gender neutral theme.  Our theme was basically sheep.  It consisted of greens, creams, and blues.  here's our nursery..

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 8.15.07 NATHAN 6.13.09 - 6.14.09 WYATT born 32w3d Gone too soon, RIP. 4.21.10 BFP - missed m/c - D&C on 5.27.10. 1.31.11 BFP - 1st cycle IUI + Follistim + Trigger (2 mature follies)Beta 1 @ 13dpiui: 199 Beta 2 @ 15dpiui: 527 10.7.11 ELIANA(Ellie)ROSE (39w3d)Team Green turned Team Pink - VBAC & ALL NATURAL 6lbs 11oz 19 &1/2in
  • We decided a theme before we knew the sex of the baby. We chose a theme from Target, it's mostly online only, but it's called Woolrich Woodlands. It's netural theme and colors. We loved it and thought it'd go well with either gender! GL!!
  • We're Team Green & we decided to do bright lime green walls (with white trim) and we went with a jungle animals theme. Our bedding is all very neutral (think white, beige) - it's the Cocalo Snickerdoodle set: https://www.cocalo.com/search.asp#results

We're also planning on putting up a decal: https://www.etsy.com/listing/62760813/monkeys-jumping-on-a-tree-wall-decal?ref=sr_gallery_8&ga_ref=auto&ga_search_query=monkey+wall+decals&ga_order=date_desc&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade

Good luck!

• Team Green All the way! We did Black and white Damask print and polk a dot. We will throw in color after we know what the sex is....Purple if girl Green if Boy :-)

• Normal 0 false false false EN-US JA X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

imagekle+spd:

But look on etsy.com for ideas. There is tons of bedding there and most shops let you pick from ANY fabric out there!

This is what I did - ordered bedding and curtains from an Etsy seller. We decided on the Zoology Brown fabric by Michael Miller and we have espresso furniture in the room. A friend of mine who is an artist painted a big tree on one wall behind the crib and a giraffe on another wall. It looks great! Here's a pic of the fabric:

https://s31.dawandastatic.com/Product/4880/4880258/long/1250075515-919.jpg

• We know it's a boy, and I have definitely embraced the Aqua Blue.  However, the more I look at my tropical ocean inspired nursery, I feel it is also a gender neutral design for any ocean/beach lover.  If it were a girl, I would have added hibiscus pink instead of orange to the color scheme. 

The woodland and forest animal ideas on Etsy are too die for.  Here is a link to one treasury that is absolutely precious!

EDD 9/01/11

my nursery progress

• We're actually team blue but are keeping the gender a secret so everyone else gets a nice surprise (this was done also so that we wouldn't end up with a ton of specific clothes in case the u/s was wrong and so we would have neutral items to use for later kiddos). Anyways...we did a light, bright green (think honey dew melon) on the top half of the walls and on the bottom half we did a darker green and white stripes. To separate the colors, we also put up a chair rail. We just put up the chair rail and baseboard last night (they're black walnut) and it looks amazing!! It all came together soooo nicely. We also have gone with a farm animal theme (target had a nice selection of farm themed items and we live out in the country)...we felt that most people who go neutral do the jungle animal thing and we wanted something a little different. I'm really happy with how it all looks! HTH and GL!
  • We are Team Blue, but still went with neutral colors because I'm not a fan of "themed" nurseries.  I got a lot of inspiration from Project Nursery

We are going with grays and yellows similar to this.  It's very understate and serene.

Good luck with your nursery!

• Thank you all for the wonderful suggestions!!!!! Your nurseries are beautiful!! I can't wait to finish ours! Everything is just sitting there still in boxes until I decide on paint colors and I'm being so anal about it because i want it to be perfect
  • We used a calming shade of yellow on the walls, then almost everything else is black and white: black bedding, black and white patterned sheets, black curtains, white furniture, black and white accent pillows, etc. I did a few pops of yellow, too - some yellow blankets in a decorative basket next to the rocker, a yellow changing pad cover, etc. I love how it turned out! Neutral but not boring. :) 
  • https://babygodwin.blog.com/ Here are pictures of my team green nursery.

This is a link to our bedding theme from BRU, https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4162415

Edit: This album has way more pics of the nursery, I made it public! https://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=207000018&aid=2063750

• https://www.target.com/s?keywords=migi_alphabet_crib_bedding_set&LNM=MiGi alphabet crib bedding set&CPNG=baby&AFID=google&LID=9p1477223&adgroup=bedding&MT=broad&KID=5074ff08-a816-ace9-da34-00001620cc4e&ref=tgt_adv_XS000000

We're Team Green  and chose this bedding, but painted the walls yellow. I thought it looked more boyish in the pictures, but now that it is in the nursery it's a lot more neutral. The "blue" is more of a turqoisey (spelling, sorry!) blue than it is a pale blue. We plan on using this bedding for any future kids.

• This is our bedding:

https://www.buybuybaby.com/product.asp?BRN=1&sku=18143062&

We did the walls in Sherwin Williams Swimming (6764), and our glider is a chocolate & ivory paisley with large print.  Our other nursery furniture is espresso colored.  (We're team green, FWIW). 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    We'll always remember our angel baby: BFP 9/24/10, M/C 10/23/10 8w4d
  • We chose an owl theme and used cream, aqua blue, green, orange, and a little red. I avoided pink, but when I had a little girl, I added some pink.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We are basing the colour scheme for the nursery off our wallpaper border.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Keshias Birthday 2012 046edit
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"