High-Risk Pregnancy

Daily Bed Rest Check-In 8/04/11 (Thurs)

Good morning Baby Bakers!!

I loved reading all your responses from yesterday! We have all done great things that we should be very proud of.  Thanks for playing along!

Daily Questions:

1.  What is your guilty pleasure(s)?

2.  What have you learned about pregancy that you didn't know before?

3.  If you were going to write a book about your pregnancy, what would it be called?

4.  Have you received an unsolicited advice while pregnant? If so, what was it?

Updates?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Daily Bed Rest Check-In 8/04/11 (Thurs)

• 1. What is your guilty pleasure(s)? Pre-pregnancy-Iced coffee.  During pregnancy-chocolate chip cookies (lots of them!)

2. What have you learned about pregancy that you didn't know before?  That it is an emotional roller coaster and all you can do is hold tight.

3. If you were going to write a book about your pregnancy, what would it be called?  Dear Baby-Please Be Good in There!

4. Have you received an unsolicited advice while pregnant? If so, what was it? A 70 year old man that I worked with asked if I planned on traveling internationally while pregnant.  When I said "no," he said it was "sad that I was letting pregnancy dictate my travel schedule."  My response to that was "have you ever flown 8 hours on a plane while pregnant?" 

Updates? None!

• 1.  What is your guilty pleasure(s)? Dunkin Donuts/Starbucks Iced Coffee or Expresso Frapacchino. I am allowed 200mg of caffinee and my iced Expresso Frap is 140 woot woot. I try to limit them though to two a week if that.

2.  What have you learned about pregancy that you didn't know before? EVERYTHING lol.

3.  If you were going to write a book about your pregnancy, what would it be called? BabyC and his attempts at early escape.

4.  Have you received an unsolicited advice while pregnant? If so, what was it? I tend to tune out unsolicited advice lol. Even from MH sometimes, lol

Updates?

They cut my dose of Procardia in half because I guess I was on a high dose anyway. Nothing had changed since last visit so she said it was fine for me to continue contracting since it wasn't changing anything, but come in if there were any other changes. I guess I'll just be in mild labor until the end of the pregnancy now- can we say uncomfortable? As long as they know what they are doing lol. My newest goal is to keep BabyC locked down tight until week 34.

• Loading the player...
  • 1. What is your guilty pleasure(s)? Hmmm...food wise, it is probably occasional fast foood and dark chocolate Dove bars.

2. What have you learned about pregancy that you didn't know before? A lot of women take it for granted.

3. If you were going to write a book about your pregnancy, what would it be called? Cook Baby Cook

4. Have you received an unsolicited advice while pregnant? If so, what was it? I have received lots, but most of it has been pretty good actually.  Nothing really ridiculous or anything.

• 1.watching some reality tv shows

2.the 2nd time is not easier

3.the second time around the block. (had to think about this for like 10 mins)

4.i always get unwanted advice. mostly old wives tales- cant cross my legs or it will cause the cord to wrap around the babies neck 

• Good afternoon ladies!! 

Daily Questions:

1.  What is your guilty pleasure(s)? Nutella on a spoon, strait out of the jar :)

2.  What have you learned about pregancy that you didn't know before? That pregnancy is completely unplanned, and you really can't control anything about it.

3.  If you were going to write a book about your pregnancy, what would it be called? My Pregnancy: How I Thought It Would Go, And How It Ended Up 

4.  Have you received an unsolicited advice while pregnant? If so, what was it? Not really, just that "I may not enjoy pregnancy as much as I thought I would", coming from a co-worker.

Updates? Yup! I had a weekly appointment and ultrasound yesterday (at 35w4d), and it went very well. However, I was surprised and a little upset to find out that they wouldn't be checking my cervical length. The tech said that after 35 weeks, the cervical length doesn't matter anymore. I guess I should have known that, considering I'm an u/s tech (duh!), but I guess I was just really curious as to if was shorter or not. Cael measured 5 pounds 12 ounces (55th percentile), and everything looked great (fluid, placenta, etc).

I also had my GBS swab done, and that was about it for the appointment (other than asking questions). My midwife this week (I've been rotating every other week between my 2 MW's) said to still take it easy until next week, stay on MBR, but that I can continue to increase my activity level. My guess is that I will be off bed rest completely after my next appointment in 1 week exactly! But I will let you ladies know! I asked her about manually checking my cervix to see if I'm dilated, and she said she'd rather not, because she doesn't want to "stir anything up" (both my midwives are away starting today and into this weekend, and the MD is on call, so she doesn't want to risk putting me into labor without either MW around - because I wanted a MW, and not an MD). She also said that she could check me, but it's not really a good indicator of labor, because you can walk around dilated for weeks, and nothing happen. I understood, but figured I'd ask anyway. So so far, so good! :) 

• Daily Questions:

1.  What is your guilty pleasure(s)?

Hot Dogs. I know its awful, but I can't get enough of them lately!

2.  What have you learned about pregancy that you didn't know before?

Its the most exciting, uncomfortable, frustrating and scary things ever! ... But you're so happy you get to go through it because of what's waiting for you at the end.

3.  If you were going to write a book about your pregnancy, what would it be called?

Are we done yet?

4.  Have you received an unsolicited advice while pregnant? If so, what was it?

I mostly get a bunch of "Oh! Just wait!"-ers

You think you're uncomfortable now?! Just wait!

You think you're tired now?! Just wait!

Or, people who think I'm completely dumb and know nothing about babies.

You think your dog is inconvenient sometimes? Babies are inconvenient at times you know... (MIL comment... She's been negative the whole pregnancy though)

Updates?

Nothing to report here! Baby is still in there and kicking around, so I'm happy. I now have to move from my apartment in a month (my landlord continues to come in without permission), so I have to somehow pack up everything and move... While on bedrest... It'll be very interesting.

Vote on my Baby Names here!
    VOTE on my Name List
    Surprise! Baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"