3rd Trimester

Rock hard belly

I posted on the August 2011 board but didn't really get any responses. Maybe you 3rd tri ladies can help!  Starting around week 32 my belly would randomly get hard and crampy. I knew it was braxton hicks. Today my belly has been rock hard ALL DAY with no break. Its only a crampy feeling from the tightness.Whats this all about? 
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Rock hard belly

• Mine is doing the same. Until it moves down and feels like a period cramp, it is still a Braxton Hicks. Mine will do that all evening, I think  from lifting DD all day. I wish it was more, but I don't think it is.
    MY BLOG image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm not much help but I get this too. I haven't felt any BH or real contractions ever though. I just notice that my belly is like a rock, usually at night. Maybe it is the position of the baby? Like he/she is pushed out and you're kind of feeling their back?
  • Loading the player...
  • I get this too... and, mostly at night. It seems like its most noticeable if I have just changed position, or after I have gotten up to pee.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagelovelymissautumn:
    I'm not much help but I get this too. I haven't felt any BH or real contractions ever though. I just notice that my belly is like a rock, usually at night. Maybe it is the position of the baby? Like he/she is pushed out and you're kind of feeling their back?

This is what I question sometimes.  I'm wondering if I'm having BH or is it just little boy pushing his body hard against me.  But during these "push ups" my belly gets super hard.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yep I get the hard belly also. You could try drinking a large glass of ice water. I typically do this and it gives me some relief (not that it's painful- just a tad uncomfortable from the tight stretching feeling). I also try and lay down or at least get off my feet. I notice that my belly gets and stays hard when I've been on my feet or too long or if I'm dehydrated.
    Photobucket
  • i get it too, usually at night. i've just always assumed it's just the position LO is at the time. after all, there's not much room left in there i'd think..
    image image
    Photobucket
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've been getting this a lot too, but what really eased my mind, I went to a doctor's appointment and it was happening while she was doing a check, so she said it's no worry as long as I'm still feeling baby moving around.

I've got a very active little one in there, so I'm not worried anymore.

So what I took from that:

Hard tummy + baby moving = okay

Hard tummy + baby not moving = call your doctor

Hope this helps!

Vote on my Baby Names here!
    VOTE on my Name List
    Surprise! Baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"