3rd Trimester
Options

Am I the only one? Pain remedies?

For the last 3 weeks or so, sleeping is a nightmare! I feel like my hip bones just push and grind together all the time. I haven't had many complaints during this pregnancy, but this has gotten to be really bothersome, I was up from 3:40AM to 6AM, I had to get a bath at 4:30 because I was so uncomfortable!

It's my lower back, my hips, and my butt. I have tried lots of pillow tricks... like one wedged behind my lower back one folded and in between my legs, I even tried sleeping in like a sitting position the last two nights because I'm at least slightly more comfortable when I'm on the couch. But... it seems like when I don't move for a little while, everything kinda jams together when I go to stand up! If I get off the couch or bed I feel like it takes a few minutes before I get the courage to move. 

Anyways... I'm just wondering if this is something a lot of you are experiencing this far along or if it seems abnormal?

p.s. I hit 35/35 yesterday whoo!  Just gotta make it a little longer. ;-)

Re: Am I the only one? Pain remedies?

• Options
    I've been having the same issues and its normal.  My doctor recommended wearing a maternity support belt during the day.
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    He also said Tylenol is safe to take, but I only take it if the pain is unbearable. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My doctor had the same recommendation. I wore the belt for a few days and it cleared up most of the pain like magic. I also took a morning off of work and laid down in a "V" shape with pillows behind my back and under my legs for support. The rest got rid of what remained.
    BFP #1 05/11/10 Natural m/c 05/17/10 BFP #2 12/07/10 Natural m/c 12/12/10 BFP #3 01/21/11 Taking Prometrium, Baby Aspirin, and two injections of heparin a day Lightning Bug was born a healthy and happy 7lbs 14oz on 9/20/211
  • Options
    I was having the same experience around 35 weeks and on. Lots of pillows seemed to help. Eventually, I ended up with no more hip pain but really bad side pain on my right side. I ended up going to the hospital and being diagnosed with hydronephrosis, which basically means the baby is pushing on things that is making my kidney on the one side swell up in pain. So, now I sleep sitting up on the couch or sitting up in bed, and that keeps things draining properly. Also, sleeping sitting up, I haven't had any hip pain at all, although my bum gets a little sore :P
  • Options

i have had the same problem, my hips have been killing me when i try to sleep...im 36weeks and cannot take it anymore i take 1 or 2 tylenol right before bed and it has helped tremendously...i am still working nights 12 hr shifts so my sleep is a must...GL

• Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm definitely going to try Tylenol tonight and sleeping on the couch I think. I go to the doctor on Friday, so I'm going to see if they'd suggest the belt for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"