February 2012 Moms

Pregnant Halloween costumes?

Come on ladies, let's brainstorm some PG mama costumes! Go!!! -Mr Smee -Juno (I would totally do this but I'm an 8th grade teacher who can't promote teen pregnancy lol!) -Bun in oven (never liked the idea of this) -Look like you are holding a basketball or bowling ball Sorry for the lack of formatting. Bumping from my iPhone.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pregnant Halloween costumes?

• I had a friend who came up with a creative idea. It's NMS, but may work for some of you! She was dressed as a dairy cow, her DH was dressed as a chocolate bar, and she carried a basket with little cartons of chocolate milk inside...telling everyone that the chocolate milk represented their baby. (Milk+chocolate=chocolate milk)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • pillsbury dough boy would be fun.
  • Loading the player...
  • Chocolate milk. Bwahaha!!! My kids would have a field day with that one! Very creative though!
  • I think this pregnant skeleton costume is really cute. Plus, you can make a matching skeleton costume for your husband.

https://www.makeit-loveit.com/2010/10/our-last-minute-adult-costumes.html

• imagegreeneyed_bride:

I think this pregnant skeleton costume is really cute. Plus, you can make a matching skeleton costume for your husband.

Hey! That's pretty cute! It would be comfy too!
  • imagegreeneyed_bride:

I think this pregnant skeleton costume is really cute. Plus, you can make a matching skeleton costume for your husband.

I like it! May make something similar for myself this year :)

• I saw a pg woman dressed as a construction worker at a Halloween party, complete with bare beer belling hanging over the pants.

****formerly talentedgirl**** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagetalentedmomma:

I saw a pg woman dressed as a construction worker at a Halloween party, complete with bare beer belling hanging over the pants.

hilarious!!!
  • Halloween is my birthday!! Double the fun! I'm so going as Juno this year and having my hubby wear the whole maroon shorts and sweat band!!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP#1-02/21/11 Missed M/C Twins-03/25/11 EDD-11/04/11
    BFP#2-10dpo- 05/27/11 EDD 02/03/12
    Our miracle Aidan James born 01/25/12!!
  • When I taught preschool one of our pregnant mamas dressed up as a peanut M&M for Halloween.  It was so cute!

• I think this is cute.

I'm going as a robot with the front of the box cut out, and I'm going to fashion buttons on my belly.  I had planned on going as a robot with a friend for months before finding out I was pregnant, so I'm taking the added challenge. :)

• imageavalovesart:
    imagegreeneyed_bride:

I like it! May make something similar for myself this year :)

I LOVE that idea!

• imagegreeneyed_bride:

That is totally my style, and DH and I have a t-shirt making business, so it's doable as well. I think the kids I work with would like it too. How big are we talking by the end of Oct? 

Expecting #2 In June 2014
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love the skeleton idea too!
    January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • I was thinking about going as a pregnant nun but the construction worker with the beer baby belly kinda has me thinking now  lol
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemanda42:
    imagegreeneyed_bride:

That is totally my style, and DH and I have a t-shirt making business, so it's doable as well. I think the kids I work with would like it too. How big are we talking by the end of Oct? 

We'll only be about 5 months, so not super big.

Also - and I'm totally not joking here - if you make the costumes, make extras, and I'll buy them from you! I was just looking up pre-made t-shirts, because my last attempt to paint a shirt was completely unsuccessful. My other alternative was going to be to buy this shirt - https://halloweentshirts.spreadshirt.com/skeleton-maternity-costume-A3457746/customize/color/2

• imagegreeneyed_bride:

Also - and I'm totally not joking here - if you make the costumes, make extras, and I'll buy them from you! I was just looking up pre-made t-shirts, because my last attempt to paint a shirt was completely unsuccessful. My other alternative was going to be to buy this shirt - https://halloweentshirts.spreadshirt.com/skeleton-maternity-costume-A3457746/customize/color/2

Hmm...I don't really care for the weird look on the baby skeleton's face in that particular t-shirt design...reminds me of the movie "Scream" or something! lol

• imageavalovesart:
    imagegreeneyed_bride:

Hmm...I don't really care for the weird look on the baby skeleton's face in that particular t-shirt design...reminds me of the movie "Scream" or something! lol

LOL! Also, the heart has escaped from the ribs. But it's still better than anything I could draw...

• I thought if I were ever pregnant for Halloween I might go as Hester Prynne from the Scarlet Letter.
  • imagebbhalphen:
    I thought if I were ever pregnant for Halloween I might go as Hester Prynne from the Scarlet Letter.

You are my new hero. I may have to do this if the skeleton thing doesn't pan out. I could make DH dress as a minister and see who's well-read (or who has watched a lot of movies, I guess.)

• When I was pregnant with DS, I went as a 50's housewife and DH went as the milkman. Totally not appropriate for a teacher and half of the people didn't get it, but for the people who got it- they REALLY got a kick out of it.
    Son #1: 12.27.08 (6 years)
    Son #2: 02.06.12 (2.5 yrs)
    Baby #3 due: 02.10.15 (It's a girl!)
    GD with all three pregnancies

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was 37 weeks pregnant last year with my DD so about "full term"...at that point I was very ready to have an outside baby...needless to say I wore a blue fitted shirt with little felt fish on my belly portion as my little "fish bowl" (I teach first grade)...it actually looked pretty cute.  Though looking back at how pregnant I was and if my water broke at the time, my little first graders may have thought the fish bowl cracked and scared them for life! LOL.  Ironically my water did break with that pregnancy (didn't with my first) but 2 weeks later, haha.
  • I was just thinking i'd paint my belly black and yellow and go as a bumble bee.

My Colton...Growing up so fast!

And Coralee, his baby sister...On the way!

BabyFruit Ticker

• we always have a big themed haloween party at our house, weve did super heros last year. i think this year im going to be a pregnant indian and dh is going to be a colonist... or maybe he will be an indian too. not sure yet.
  • imageDBride2006:
    When I was pregnant with DS, I went as a 50's housewife and DH went as the milkman. Totally not appropriate for a teacher and half of the people didn't get it, but for the people who got it- they REALLY got a kick out of it.

Ha, love this one!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagegreeneyed_bride:

LOL!! LOVE THIS!!!!! Soooo cute!

• imagegreeneyed_bride:

LOL!! LOVE THIS!!!!! Soooo cute :)

• imagemanda42:
    imagegreeneyed_bride:

Love this idea.  You should make these shirts at your shop and sell them to all the "less than creative" bumpies here online. I'd buy a pair for me and my husband for sure! :)

• One of my  friends was about 8 months at Halloween last year, she went as a busted watermelon. She wore a green shirt pulled up and a long green skirt and had her tummy painted red with black dots all over it. Her hair was red too. It was really cute :)
  • I am thinking of going as Queen Amidala from Star Wars from the third movie.. she has tons of cute pregnant outfits.. but im going with the one she wore when she goes to Anikian on the lava planet. it is super cute and looks super comfy and easy to make! i mean all i need to do is create the top, the rest is boots.. and leggins and find a fake gun from star wars toys! if i get it made before october ill post a photo for ya'll.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have quite a few ideas running through my head. But my hubby and I always go as a matching pair.

-Troll doll with a jewel on my belly.

-Pepe le pugh and his kitty cat.

-Pregnant Smurfette and Pappa smurf.

-Kermit and Ms. Piggy

We go all out and hit the thrift stores, then see what we can use to make our costumes. 

• I will only be 11 weeks along in my pregnancy this year for Halloween. And me and my boyfriend have yet to tell everyone we're pregnant, so here's my idea.

I'm going to go as a construction worker, wearing a wife beater with a flannel long sleeve shirt over it, with shorts, work boots, a hard hat, and a tool belt. I plan on writting "Laborer In Training" on the front of the wife beater as my way of telling everyone I'm pregnant.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"