Pregnant after 35

Sure I'll get flamed, but I just have to say...

I must be a total freak because I don't really enjoy being pregnant. I'm thrilled and excited to finally hold a pregnancy. DH and I cannot wait to be parents. I guess I just didn't expect to be this sick and sore. We were also give 1:40 odds that the baby has Downs and that's brought us down a few notches on the excitement ladder. Totally know it will all be worth it in the end, but I feel awful for not loving all these changes that come with being pregnant.

I love my baby, I just wish I loved the pregnancy experience a little more. Thanks for hearing me...

TTC since February 2009
BFP - Ended in m/c - 6/15/10
BFP - Ended in m/c - 1/2/11
BFP! - 4/13/11 - grow baby grow!! BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Sure I'll get flamed, but I just have to say...

• Meh.  No flaming here.  I'm not in love with being PG either.

I want my baby but I also want my body back.   I'm tired of sharing.

~Married 11/08~
    ~TTC since 01/09~
    ~SA & B/W - 06/09 - Normal~
    ~Encouraged by OB to "just keep trying" 06/09 - 06/10 (oh, the wasted time)~
    ~HSG - 08/10 - Clear/Normal~
    ~Lapo - 01/11 - Normal~
    ~Clomid 50mg, Trigger shot, Prometrium - 01/11, 02/11, 03/11~
    ~BFN - 02/11~
    ~IUI #1 03/15/11~
    BFP 3/28/2011
    Diagnosed with GD at 28 weeks. Controlled through diet and exercise. No insulin.
    Diagnosed with Cholestasis of pregnancy @ 36 weeks.
    Delivered via C-section @ 36 weeks on 11/9/11.

TTC#2 for a few months naturally (ha!)
    ~IUI#1, Clomid, Trigger,  10/13 - BFN
    ~IUI#2, Femera, Ovidrel, 11/13

• Sweetie, we don't flame on this board, especially not for something that innocuous!  I don't mind pregnancy, and parts I like... but I am too into food to enjoy these stupid restrictions!
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh.. I hear ya... no flames from here!... More like support from me....We all realize how lucky we are to actually BE pregnant given many of our experiences.. many of us do not like BEING pregnant.. I certainly don't...and I was pretty lucky with the morning sickness early on.. wasn't too bad....I want to sleep on my stomach again.  I want to be able to stand up and not feel the urge to have to pee immediately.  I would like to be able to go to sleep at night without the lovely reflux after I down tons of glasses of water..and wake up every 2 hours on the nose to pee.... I want to be able to RELAX and not worry so much about how the hell this baby is going to come out of me...

HOWEVER>.... given all that.. the whole cliche of "its all worth it".. is so completely TRUE... we ALL know it is.. but that is the point of a board like this.. to VENT and get support...(not flames or criticism) .b/c many of our hubbys and SOs are sick of hearing it.  Well.. atleast in my case.. he is.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I cannot stand being pregnant. I hate the journey but love the result :) We are having our 3rd and last baby......I am so excited to never be pregnant again. 18 more days!!!!! Yahoooooooo!!!!!

Besides, who said it was a requirement to love being pregnant anyway?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • As I sit here at 4am, eating cottage cheese straight from the container trying to fill that ever present hole in my stomach, unable to sleep for the third night in a row, I'm certainly not going to reach for the flame thrower.  Some aspects (okay, lots of aspects) of this experience just downright suck. 
    image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Not everybody loves pregnancy. Everyone's pregnancy is different so obviously everyone's reaction to pregnancy is different. I love the middle of pregnancy but could take or leave the 1T and could live without all the discomfort at the end for sure.
  • LMAO - Darling - research some of my posts!!!!

I am notorious here for hating being pregnant - and I do not say hate lightly!!!

I have been known to call my child evil Stewie and I am the mothership spirally out of control.......

While I may love our little boy already - the journey just flat out SUCKS!!!!!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Thank you so much ladies!!! I really needed to hear your thoughts. I mentioned it once to my mother and sister and got read the riot act. Neither of them (my mom especially) experienced negative pregnancy symptoms and here I am at 19 weeks still regularly losing my breakfast, not sleeping, aching sciatica, headaches, swollen feet, you name it. So after I got yelled at I stopped saying anything except to my husband for fear that everyone else felt the same way.

Phew... maybe I'm not as big of a freak as I thought :)

TTC since February 2009
    BFP - Ended in m/c - 6/15/10
    BFP - Ended in m/c - 1/2/11
    BFP! - 4/13/11 - grow baby grow!! BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am sick of sharing my body. I hurt. It's ok to not enjoy it. You're doing it for the baby and that makes it so worth it.
  • imagePeppernut:
    Sweetie, we don't flame on this board, especially not for something that innocuous!  I don't mind pregnancy, and parts I like... but I am too into food to enjoy these stupid restrictions!

Word! No flames! If I'd known I was getting pregnant when I did, I would have eaten nothing but sushi for 3 weeks straight!

I enjoy being pregnant for the most part, at least most aspects of it, but I've had mostly good pregnancies. My very first one was brutal with constant m/s but I was so young (20), I just didn't know any better.

I would never blame anyone, including myself if this pregnancy is hard on me, for not enjoying a pregnancy. Sometimes/some pregnancies just aren't fun. :) It's totally OK to for the ends to justify the means when it comes to a getting s squishy newborn!

• imageJerzee1974:
    . . . .

I have been known to call my child evil Stewie and I am the mothership spirally out of control.......

Oooh, that one is good.  During first tri I referred to mine as the vampire tapeworm.
    For about a month I couldn't stomach garlic and I decided that the LO had an aversion to it.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I hate being pregnant - and I am having the easiest, most uncomplicated pregnancies you can imagine. I still hate it and I am SO excited that I am in the last few weeks of ever being pregnant (this will be our second and last baby).
  • Yeah I am with you I am not IN LOVE with being preg. Yes I am in Love with the baby part but I would much rather feel good everyday again & sleep, eat etc like before... I just keep my eye on the prize haaa
    GiGi.... due in march with my first
  • imageHuahine:
    As I sit here at 4am, eating cottage cheese straight from the container trying to fill that ever present hole in my stomach, unable to sleep for the third night in a row, I'm certainly not going to reach for the flame thrower.  Some aspects (okay, lots of aspects) of this experience just downright suck. 

lol!  Worrrrrrrrrrrd! ;)

I HATE the first trimester!  It is hell.  and the third sucksass, too.

• I'm only at 14W and I can't WAIT to be me again... I want my arms to be able to fit into my small jackets. I want my butt to fit into my skinny jeans. I want my small perky boobs back (NEVER thought I'd say that). I want to be able eat again without worrying if it will make me nauseated.  I want to be able to drink water again without feeling sick.  I want to be able to stop eating carbs.  I want to be able to relax after a hard day with a nice glass of red wine.  I want to enjoy a morning coffee again.  I want to have energy to exercise again.

I really enjoy the women I know who are honest enough to tell me that they did not enjoy being pregnant.  There are only a few but they make me feel better for not loving it.  

BUT  the end result will be worth it!!!!! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagetahitiandreamin:

I'm only at 14W and I can't WAIT to be me again... I want my arms to be able to fit into my small jackets. I want my butt to fit into my skinny jeans. . . . .

If it is any consolation, your butt may revert to normal size soon.  I have always had a lot of junk in the trunk, but lately my bum has been shrinking as the weight gets redistributed to my front side.  

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"