March 2012 Moms

Super frustrating clothes shopping misadventure (vent)

I am so frustrated right now. First off, I HATE shopping to begin with. Usually I am an online shopper and I send back what doesn't fit. But, I desperately need some tops to cover the bloat and that are long enough to cover the BeBand I have been wearing.

I started at an Old Navy, which when I got there, I realized did not have a maternity department. Ugh. I didn't think I would buy maternity but I wanted to try some stuff on and see. I tried on approx. 30 shirts and ended up buying 1! They had a lot of long stuff but it was all a super light material and very clingy. Not long and flowy like I wanted.

Then I went to Target. I again tried on a ton of stuff from both the regular and maternity depts and bough two regular cotton/t-shirt material type dresses. Everything was either really tight or looked like a potato sack.

I felt like I looked fat and gross in everything. I am super short (barely 5') so clothes shopping is usually hard enough but this was ridiculous. I cannot wait until I have a real bump and can show it off!

Ok, vent over. I feel much better!! 

Me: 33, Hypothalamic Amenorrhea, DOR (AMH .35), DH: 38, Borderline low morph
5/09- Off BCP, 5/09-9/09- No period, 9/09-9/10- Lots of Tests & accupuncture
10/10 and 11/10- 2 rounds of Menopur + TI= BFNS
12/10-IUI #1 Menopur = BFN
1/11- IUI #2 Menopur = BFP, 2/11 missed mc at 9 weeks, D&C
5/11- Operative Hysteroscopy to remove uterine septum
6/11- IUI #3 Menopur = BFP, 8/11 missed mc at 11 weeks, D&C
1/12- Lap and Operative Hysteroscopy to remove uterine septum (again) & scar tissue
2/12- Stint Removal, 3/12 repeat SHG and HSG- showed scar tissue blocking right tube
4/12- Operative hysteroscopy (again), RE said he can now see right tube (yay!)
5/12- Stint removal, 6/12 repeat SHG and HSG-both tubes are open!
8/12- IUI #4 Bravelle = BFN
9/12-IUI #5 Bravelle = BFN
1/13- IVF #1, micro-flare protocol, 7R, 6F, 5dt of 2 AA embryos, 1 to freeze = BFP
Beta #1: 176, Beta #2: 422, EDD 10/8/13- it's TWINS!
*PAIF/SAIF always welcome*
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Super frustrating clothes shopping misadventure (vent)

• That's about like me when I go clothes shopping... I try on a million things and mybe buy one or two items. For the whole day. But unlike you, I'm an Amazon... 6' tall and it is SO difficult to find anything, top or bottom, that's long enough. Being skinny means nothing if you're not 'average' height.

FWIW, I'll bet you'll be hella cute when your belly gets all round. :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think dressing during early pregnancy is so hard! Until we "pop" it is just chub city and awkward fits. I keep wearing some of the clothes that I have that are normally to big for me and/or are really drapey and I feel like Dorothy Zbornak.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemishpug:

I think dressing during early pregnancy is so hard! Until we "pop" it is just chub city and awkward fits. I keep wearing some of the clothes that I have that are normally to big for me and/or are really drapey and I feel like Dorothy Zbornak.

Your Dorothy Zbornak reference made me snort my ginger ale. 

BFP #1 on 6/23/11. Missed m/c. D&C on 8/18/11. BFP #2 on 1/1/12!EDD=9/13/12-Hang on baby! image
  • imageminot614:

Your Dorothy Zbornak reference made me snort my ginger ale. 

I love Dorothy Zbornak! I just do not want to dress like her.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • your dorothy zbornak reference is making me crave cheesecake that much harder.
  • jrcr07jrcr07 member
    I'm having no luck either! Everything is SO clingy and hits in the wrong spots! I'm not sure I can make it 6 more weeks without people guessing on their own b/c I look so bloated and nothing fits right!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejrcr07:
    I'm having no luck either! Everything is SO clingy and hits in the wrong spots! I'm not sure I can make it 6 more weeks without people guessing on their own b/c I look so bloated and nothing fits right!

I feel the exact same.  I tried buying some work pants yesterday and my regular size was just snug enough, and the size up with just loose enough....I am tired of nothing fitting right.  When I go back to teaching, everything is going to be too tight or too loose.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I feel your pain.  I'm 5 feet too and it's hard to find clothes anyway! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have been wearing alot of maxi dresses... first they are binding so that is nice but also they are my regular one so.. it is really nice.. I did buy a couple from Motherhood that are just simple and they were 35 but the nice thing in they arent so huge at the bottom so they dont make you feel fat haaa
    GiGi.... due in march with my first
  • Oh Also target has these great khakis they are inthe maternity but they dont have the fullband thing.. I love them cause they dont look maternity but your belly cansit on the top & be more comforting then trying to wear regular pants with those bands that for me right now with our weather here is sooo hot. to have yet another layer on me.. with temps inthe 100's yeah not for a happy me does that make not to mention Ialways feel like mypants are falling down haaa
    GiGi.... due in march with my first
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"