3rd Trimester

Do I have stretch marks ??

This morning I wake up & start to strecth, but this morning it hurt really bad to stretch and i felt pain in my lower stomach. I went to look at myself this morning in the mirror to see if I made a "stretch" mark. But every morning I always have lines on my stomach from the tshirt i wear the night before being wrinkled, leaving imprints in my skin. (the eventually go away) But for some reason today I think I may actually have some tiny ones under my belly, how do I tell what a stretch mark really looks like?? sorry i know this is probably a dumb question but I think im just in denial right now with it lol
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Do I have stretch marks ??

• If you have real stretch marks you would be able to tell.  I hope you don't get them ;)
  • LOL, are you under the impression that you get stretch marks from performing stretches?
  • Loading the player...

These are stretch marks:

Mine are nowhere near that bad, but dammit it is so not fair that some people don't even know WTF they look like. 

Wife, mom, Ob/Gyn resident
    Sarah - 12/23/2008
    Alex - 9/30/2011

"I say embrace the total geek in yourself and just enjoy it. Life is too short to be cool." - Shirley Manson, Garbage
  • You will know if you have stretch marks.  They are red/pink and wont dissapear.  I know what you mean about the wrinkled t-shirt.  I've seen that before and have freaked out! Thankfully I have been lucky and I only have two little lines on my left boob.  I have quite a few on my booootay, but not bad at all.  I think they will fade very well. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo15Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My stretchmarks only appeared on my chest so far (knocking on wood repeatedly) and they are all white--never had a pinkish hue...

I avoided the linea negra (again knocking on wood) but where it would be..there is a raised ridge on my belly so I'm wondering if its not coming....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I didn't notice my stretch marks until after i had my baby and now she's almost 3 and they are way worse this time around!  I feel like a zebra!

There is usually no question if you have them. I hope you don't, but if you do its not the end of the world. Its a natural thing, and they fade eventually (usually). 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Confused

Stretch marks aren't caused by you stretching your body out. They will be purple-y lines.

You could always google them to see what they look like...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• If you're in your 3rd trimester stretch-mark free then there's a pretty good chance you won't get any! I'm 32 weeks 4 days and I don't have any on my tummy yet, but I did notice a couple on my upper outer thigh :( Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagecloudy0143:
    If you're in your 3rd trimester stretch-mark free then there's a pretty good chance you won't get any! I'm 32 weeks 4 days and I don't have any on my tummy yet, but I did notice a couple on my upper outer thigh :( Good luck!

this isn't really true at all. Many women don't have noticeable stretch marks until after delivery.  

• imagecloudy0143:
    If you're in your 3rd trimester stretch-mark free then there's a pretty good chance you won't get any! I'm 32 weeks 4 days and I don't have any on my tummy yet, but I did notice a couple on my upper outer thigh :( Good luck!

Yeah that's not true at all. I had no stretch marks until 36 weeks, when baby started to drop, and now they are multiplying like rabbits. Would be nice if it was true though!

• imagecloudy0143:
    I agree with PP's that this is not true at all. I know of people who have gotten them I'm their last week or two weeks of pg.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Thank you ladies for answering my question I know it was a stupid question to ask what they look like ( i do know what strecth marks look like) but these didnt seem to look like the ones i have seen before they were very small and didnt have any color to them. But I have noticed they are not there anymore, so i am thinking they were just from the imprints of my wrinkled shirt last night!!
  • imageTeacherVicky:
    imagecloudy0143:
    I agree with PP's that this is not true at all. I know of people who have gotten them I'm their last week or two weeks of pg.

Yeah - I didn't get them with my DD until I was 34-35 weeks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

In my bag: Nikon D90; 35mm 1.8, 90mm 2.8 macro (my fave), Lensbaby Composer with macro extensions. BFP after 13 cycles and one ectopic. Lost left tube 5/19/10.
  • im on my 33 weeks now ,lucky me i still i dont have strech mark anywhere...thanks god and knock on wood hope i dont get it...
  • imagechillyupnorth:

imagecloudy0143:

Yeah that's not true at all. I had no stretch marks until 36 weeks, when baby started to drop, and now they are multiplying like rabbits. Would be nice if it was true though!

Yeah I didn't have any until 36 weeks either! Thought I skipped out on those but now I have some right around my belly button...which I can't really even see unless I look in the mirror! :/

You'll know if it's a stretch mark. And as previous posts said it doesn't have anything to do with you stretching really. It's because your skin is stretching too fast.

• Lies PP!! I had zero on my belly until yesterday and I'm in my 9th month You are never out of the woods with stretchmarks... Hope you don't get them, but Most of us do:-/
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi there!

This is me and my fiancee's first child, and I am only 2 1/2 months pregnant, and I have seen the wrath of the stretch marks on my butt, side and near my "lady parts". I use the Palmers Coco-Butter for strech marks, but I hate the smell. I don't know if you can get stretch marks from stretching, but if you have strech marks, you will know it. It's like a roadmap of life. I am just going to accept them and embrace them! Good LuckWink

• They sound like stretch marks!
    I used this right from the beginning with number 2 (escaped stretch marks with number 1) https://www.mamamio.com/us/pregnancy-skincare/tummy-rub-stretch-mark-butter.html
    What I liked about it was that is smelt so lovely and felt so buttery, but it also has very high levels of Omega 3, 6 and 9, which are the exact same things skin is depleted of when we're pregnant (thanks nature!). Start rubbing it in now!! :)
    Big Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"