Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Toddler's TV Obsession!

Anyone else's baby watching way too much TV than you would like? We have a huge computer screen monitor that I usually have her watch some cartoons while I make dinner because my dh gets home later, and now she is obsessed with wanting to go into that room during normal play time. I just say we arent going to watch cartoons...but she is seriously obsessed!! I know she watches them quite a bit at grammys too! :/ Am I alone?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Toddler's TV Obsession!

• Nope, both my kids would watch t.v. all day if I let them!
  • Matthew doesn't watch tv as much as he likes to turn the tv off/on. He likes to run around with the remote control & see the colors light up.

Today was the first time he froze and stared at the screen for a few minutes. He managed to program the remote to record Jake & the Neverland Pirates. The Pirate Band started playing and he was mesmerized. He loved the chubby pirate so much he clapped the whole time.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • L loves it in the morning with his sippy of milk. I think he'd watch it more if I let him.
    #rainbows and #unicorns make any situation #cute. keithcorcoran
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• DD loves the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. She could watch it all day if I let her, but I limit it to 2 episodes. One in the morning when I need to drink a cup of coffee and wake up and one when I am making dinner. 
  • DS loves to watch Sesame Street, Veggie Tales, and the cartoon shows they have on PBS. He likes the songs. We only let him watch them in the morning and when I cook dinner at night. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Tegan would be happy if the TV was on all day, but she's also just as happy if the TV is off all day. I do let her watch a few shows at different points during the day, but I try to give her some TV off playtime for a bit each day. We're out and about a lot, so I'd say she watches roughly an hour of TV a day while playing and has roughly 1-2 hours a day where she plays independently and/or with me without the TV on in the background.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ToraniTorani member
    DS is obsessed too! We got in a bad habit this summer of letting him watch while we all lounged in bed (and so mommy and daddy could squeeze in some extra sleep!).  I go to work in the late morning, and DH was off for the summer, yet DS refused to sleep in past 6:30am.  It go so bad that one of us would put him on the bed between us, and he would immediately start looking for the remote!  I feel like such a bad parent for letting him be mesmorized by MMC and Jack so that I could catch some extra zzz's!  Now that DH is back at work (yes, his stuped school district started July 26th!!!), I don't let him watch at all except when dinner is being fixed, and usually it's something I want to watch that does not interest him at all and he plays with his gagillion toys instead.
  • I'd say my son is a little obsessed. When I put on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse or Oso he'll stand or sit in front of the tv and watch the entire episode without moving. If I had the tv on all day, he'd watch. I let him watch a couple of episodes in the morning and a couple while I'm making dinner.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS watches Sprout all day. At least it's educational!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"