November 2011 Moms

Anybody have a hobby you like to do while preggo?

I love cross-stitching.  I always seem to start a project when preggo.  Each baby gets framed art with their name and birthdate and some cute teddy bears, etc. 
I find it a very soothing and stress-relieving craft.  Plus its nice to make something for baby.  I know a lot of people like crocheting or knitting but I never learned.

Anybody want to share a fun hobby you do while preggo or otherwise?
Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anybody have a hobby you like to do while preggo?

• Does eating count? LOL.

When I was a kid, my grandma taught me to knit - just the basics, all we ever knit were scarves that we later donated to a church group. My recently, I went into the craft store bored, and came out with yarn and knitting needles. I've been watching some instructional you tube videos, and recently knit a hat! (We'll see if it fits!) 

imageimage image Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have taken up sewing since I got pregnant. I have made DD 2 pillow case dresses and a dust ruffle for the crib. I am also going to make a curtain for the nursery, a cover for the changing pad, and a cover for the car seat. I find it rewarding that I can make things for Lo and DD. Not to mention, the money I save from making it myself and the choice to use a pattern I like instead of what I can find available at the stores.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • um yeah eating def a hobby!  getting creative in the kitchen - check!  not sharing with others?  double check haha!
  • Watching "questionable at best" TV.  This includes Nora Roberts Lifetime movies (watching one right now), Toddlers and Tiaras, and just random crappy TV (as described by DH).  I am super-lazy these days.
  • I love these

1) eat

2) questionable "at best" tv

mine is sorting my cloth diapers and baby clothes. 

Be the change you want to see in the world. Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Scrapbooking! :)

I'm making a pregnancy scrapbook instead of a pregnancy journal. It has all the ultrasound pics, all the bump pics, we wrote down on one part all the names DH liked and all the names I liked and why we chose the names we did :) Then there are pics on a family tree in there and I have space saved for pics of the shower :)

• thats insane!!! after about 10 yrs of NOT doing any sort of stitching, i started getting the urge to cross-stitch again and glad to say im not as rusty as i thought i would b and im enjoyin that and been contemplating doin some crochet/knitting.

• imageJnJ_9.22.07:

Does eating count? LOL.

When I was a kid, my grandma taught me to knit - just the basics, all we ever knit were scarves that we later donated to a church group. My recently, I went into the craft store bored, and came out with yarn and knitting needles. I've been watching some instructional you tube videos, and recently knit a hat! (We'll see if it fits!) 

Haha, this AND craft projects for the nursery. We're going with a nautical theme for our nursery, so there are all sorts of fun crafts that I'm working on (painting oars, building saillboats with quilted sails, etc.).

• I wish I was crafty! My main hobbies have always been reading and writing, and that hasn't changed since I got pregnant.

I'd really like to be able to make something for the nursery, though. Maybe a collage? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've been playing piano a lot more in hopes that my baby can hear me and will want to play when he gets older. Like 4 y/o, lol.
  • Knitting for other people's babies.  I knit a blanket for my niece when I was pregnant with DS.  I am working on hats for several babies right now.  Hopefully I will also get around to making something for this baby.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"