2nd Trimester
Options

Nursery Colors

So, we dont know what gender we are having because the doctor keeps changing it.  So I was thinking of painting the walls Grey with acsents of pink or blue depending on the gender.  Is grey a werid color for a Nursery?
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker

Re: Nursery Colors

• Options
    not at all imo.  i was actually considering a light slate color for if we have a boy and using blues or greens as accents.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • Options

My nursery is pale gray!  I love it!  We plan to play up the colors through bedding and decorations

Love is a gift, not to be denied. IAmPregnant Ticker image Visit The Nest!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We chose a light grey color for our nursery.  Jude will be sharing with his 2 year old sister so we went neutral :)  I think it's great!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My hubby's fav. football team is Dallas Cowboys. Thats the theme I am going with since he is losing his man room to the new LO
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    Not at all! I'm doing coral and gray.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    No, we chose a gray color that had a light blue tint to it.  We painted before we knew the sex.  The bedding is bright colors- red, aqua, yellow, and green so we wanted to tone it down a little with the walls.  I think it's a very relaxing color and will go with a lot of decor so you won't have to repaint in a year or two.
  • Options
    I think it's a great choice.
    Married DH 08.28.10
    Pregnancy #1: BFP 04.10.11 EDD 12.23.11 DD1 Born 12.4.11
     Pregnancy #2: BFP 5.12.14 MC 5.20.14 @ 5wk4d
    Pregnancy #3: BFP 11.1.14 EDD 7.5.15 MC 11.13.14 @ 6wk4d
    Pregnancy #4: BFP 1.31.15 EDD 10.5.15 DD2 Born 9.23.15

• Options

yipes! im concerned your doc keeps changing its mind about the gender! is that common? my tech seemed pretty certain.

even though we are having a girl, we are doing an aqua on the walls with either yellow or orange accent pieces. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

That would drive me crazy!  During our last U/S at 17.5 weeks, the tech went from boy to girl to boy to girl to boy, lol.  Made me dizzy!  I can't imagine it changing over and over again from one appointment to the next!  I would imagine their last guess was probably your best bet at 27 weeks.

I don't think light grey is weird at all! Infact, for some reason I had this picture.  If you painted the walls (horizontal, of course) half light grey from top to middle and then painted the rest in wide strips of other light pastels... blue, pink, green, orange, purple, yellow -whatever you want- that would be soooo freaking cute! And would work for both genders.  Just a suggestion.  You might think it sounds horrible, lol, Idk.  Can't explain my "vision" very well I guess!

• Options
    I think it sounds beautiful!
  • Options
    If done right it can be modern. Our nursery colors in aqua and damask (black and white print). We are having a girl so to not go with pink seems a bit weird but its still girly
  • Options

No grey is a nice color. When we had our house painted professionally years before dd was here, we had them paint a light green color in where the babies room would be.

It turned out really nice, we had a girl and did green and pink.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Gray can be awesome!  As long as it is a soft gray and not a battleship gray, it is very soothing and neutral.  We're planning to do navy and gray if we have a boy...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    Def not.  DH and I bought our house in January (before I got pregnant) and when we were painting the bedrooms I decided I wanted to set one up for the nursery already because I didn't want to have to repaint once I got pregnant.  So I actually chose a grey color and decided I would do accents based on baby's sex.  It's good because grey goes with any color (blue, pink, yellow, green, purple, etc).  I think it's a great idea!
  • Options
    Its a great idea!  Go with it!
  • Options

We're actually using a light gray paint and accenting with yellow and green for our bumbleebee themed nursery. We were going to do yellow for a girl and green for a boy, but we think the gray will make the yellows and greens pop.

I don't think it's weird at all, plus it's neutral.

• Options
    Seriously, yes my instinct said that grey was a weird color choice for a nursery, depressing even BUT then I saw a couple of examples of grey-walled nurseries on Pinrest and they were BEAUTIFUL.  I would definitely consider it having seen good versions.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    light grey and a bold yellow are in style right now. You can google or check out pinterest... I personally love it!
  • Options
    I just painted the nursery walls Grey yesterday! We are going with lime green, white and grey.
    Photobucket
  • Options

Our second bedroom is an office/craft room currently and painted a medium grey tone. I love it. We just found out we're expecting so we decided to throw yellow accents in there. Yellow and grey are really pretty together, and work with either gender since we want to be surprised.

Grey works well with pastel shades of blues and pinks, so I think that would be really cute! I'd just google a few ideas if I were you. 

--- J+K 10.10.10 Buying A Home
  • Options

I love gray!!  I am considering doing my daughter's nursery in gray and yellow :)  If you make gray the main focus, and add accent colors, you can easily change those and create a whole new look!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"