3rd Trimester

XP: Aug 11 Infant Car Seat

I looked at DS infant car seat today and realized it was manufactured in Oct 06.  That means it expires in Oct 11.  I will only get 2 months of use out of it before it expires.  I haven't been planning on having to buy another infant car seat, so I have done zero research.  Can you tell me what infant seat you bought and how you feel about it so far?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker M/C July 17, 2006, December 25, 2006, March 13, 2010 & August 2010

Re: XP: Aug 11 Infant Car Seat

• I thought car seats expire after 6 years? That would mean you have another year of use.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagebonitatinabina143:
    I thought car seats expire after 6 years? That would mean you have another year of use.

depends on the model.  From what I have seen on here a bunch are only good for 5 years.  We have a Graco snug ride and love it!  We bought it with a travel system for DS and will be using it again.  The only I regret is not getting it with a double stroller

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • most seats are 6, but some are 5. 

Do you know for sure that your seat is a 5 year expiration? I'd double check that first.

We have a snugride 22 this time, but haven't used it yet. We had a maxi cosi mico with DD1, and liked that as well.  

• We got the Chicco Keyfit 30 - DH installed the base in the car and said it was easy. It had good reviews and is easy to install, but won't know for a few more weeks how well it actually works :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We also have a Chicco Keyfit 30, but haven't tested it out yet.  Though I did have a guy tell me that he's on his fifth child and he just got this seat for her.  He said it's the easiest carrier he's used so far. 
    BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • We have a Chicco Keyfit 30 and loved it with DS.  It was easy to install in every car I tried, easy to adjust and DS seemed to like it.  He would always fall asleep in it.

• another vote for the chicco keyfit!  I used mine with my DD and will use it again with this babe too!  Its easy to install, easy to clean to. 
  • imagemega6_vancouver:
    another vote for the chicco keyfit!  I used mine with my DD and will use it again with this babe too!  Its easy to install, easy to clean to. 

Same :) the whole thing goes in the wash and so it looks brand new for baby number two. 

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We bought the Chicco Keyfit 30, also.  Based on ratings & advice from my neice, who works at Babies R Us. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"