Babies: 6 - 9 Months

no teeth yet???

I am starting to feel like my son is the only 7th month old out there with no teeth yet. I keep seeing my friends post on FB that their kids have 2-3 teeth and they are only 5 months old and here my son is almost 7 and a half months old and has no teeth, nor does he show any signs of getting them anytime soon. I know among my FB friends my son is the last one, and he is probably one of the oldest babies among my friends.
photo 6aecdc21-d010-4990-8b8b-da468f75ece3_zps38a4dec0.jpgphoto 8c7926e4-3191-4d9f-8e13-2ba2d4b7296f_zps45188ab0.jpg
          Connor - 12/15/10                                     Abby - EDD 11/29/13
Lilypie - (bLG7)

Re: no teeth yet???

• There was a post here the other night and I remember lots of ladies posting that their 8+ month olds don't have teeth yet. It's crazy how much variation there is when it comes to teeth.

Your little guy is SO adorable!!

DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • DS is 6.5, no teeth yet but I'm sure there in that mouth somewhere!!!  No worries!  I'm sure if you & SO asked your Moms when you got teeth it was around 8 months.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you :-) Your LO is super cute as well

I kept thinking that he has till one year before he can cut a tooth, but its amazing how reading about other people's babies can get you all worked up and paranoid. Today I read about my friends 5 month old son cutting his 3rd tooth and I check my son's mouth and I see nothing. That and I keep getting people asking me if he has teeth, and when I say no they act all shocked, as if my son is the only 7 month old out there with no teeth.

(Figures this topic was already posted...I always miss the topics I want to read about)

photo 6aecdc21-d010-4990-8b8b-da468f75ece3_zps38a4dec0.jpgphoto 8c7926e4-3191-4d9f-8e13-2ba2d4b7296f_zps45188ab0.jpg
    Lilypie - (bLG7)
  • My mom told me that I didn't get my first tooth until I was 14 months old.  Sometimes it just takes a while. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD is still toothless...hopefully sometime soon something will poke through!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS is just over 8 months old and we are still totally toothless. Nothing even really happening in his mouth as far as I can see.

My mom said that I didn't get my first tooth until I was 11 months old, so maybe DS is a late teether like I was.

• Yeah my little man has no teeth yet either at 8 months old
    ~*Zoodle's Mommy*~ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My daughter has no teeth at 8 months aswell :)

I hear that the longer it takes for their teeth to come in..the nicer they will be and more likely will not require braces!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 10 mins old! PhotobucketPhotobucket 4 months
  • M is 8 months old, and no teeth here either.
  • no teeth . and she is just over 8months
  • No teeth here yet and I've got 3 babies
  • Heck, my LO got a tooth when she was 3 days old (I know, crazy right!) which we had to have pulled. But now, with 8 months creeping up on us, not even a hint of any teeth. Go figure!
  • 7 months old next week and still no teeth.

I keep thinking they are coming. Lots of swollen bumpy gums and drooling, but nothing yet ::sigh::

DS1 was 4 months when he got his first tooth. It's funny how you expect everything to be the same as your other children and it is so not like that! :) 

• PS- have you ever met an adult who never got teeth? Not likely, so don't worry!
  • No teeth yet for LO and he is well on his way to 9 months old.  Enjoy the gummy little smile while it lasts! 
  • imagecruelsound:

My kid needs dentures.

Also, OP, it's scary how much our kids look alike. I honestly thought it was a picture of my kid in your sig for 1/2 a second.

LOL thats funny. Although with some of the photo-stealing I have seen on this site since joining its not out of the realm of possibilities but no worries, we just have two adorable kids ;-)

To the other poster who mentioned adults with no teeth, yeah your right I mean I don't think he doesn't have any teeth hiding in his mouth, I just get frustrated sometimes reading about other kids who are doing things/getting teeth who are younger then my son. My mom told me I got my first tooth around 6 months, I am unsure when my husband got his. I have to learn to stop comparing my son's developmental milestones to other babies and realize he is an individual and he will cut his teeth when he is gosh-darn ready too. Maybe I should count my blessings...since I still BF maybe its a good thing he doesn't have sharp little teeth to bite me with 

Lilypie - (bLG7)
  • toothless here too.  And my friend's 10 month old is still toothless as well. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"