September 2011 Moms

baby measuring above 80%?

Anyone's baby measuring about 80%? My size ultrasound estimated my lo at 5lbs 7oz and I am 32 weeks today. My doctor doesn't want to talk about potential C-section or induction due to size, cause so much can change. Just wondered if anyone else is in a similar boat?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: baby measuring above 80%?

• I will get an update on the size and weight of my lo in one week... If your doctor doesn't seemed worried about the size of your baby, then it's probably not something to worry about but they should definitely discuss those issues with you if you bring them up. It definitely eases the stress.
  • Remember: its only an estimate. You could go back in tomorrow and baby could measure totally different even if the same tech scanned you again.

Its good your doc isnt talking induction or c-section based on that measurement. I wouldn't worry at all. :D

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I wasn't over 80% but was at 78% at 29 weeks, my dr said the same thing...so much can change.  I wouldn't be too worried. Do you know if they plan on doing another u/s for size later? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • At 29 weeks, my "little guy" was at 4lbs 3oz, so I have you beat!  Embarrassed

My doctor says that sometimes their projected growth changes because they stop growing as fast or it could change because they start growing faster.  There is no way to tell what trajectory the baby will stay on!

I go back for another growth ultrasound at 34 weeks to see if mine has changed from the estimated 9.5lb+ path he was on.

I am hoping that he is only around 6 lbs at 34 weeks, so that 1/2 lb a week yields me a 9lb baby at 40 weeks and stays away from my fear of 10lbs+!

• At 29 weeks, my "little guy" was at 4lbs 3oz, so I have you beat!  Embarrassed

My doctor says that sometimes their projected growth changes because they stop growing as fast or it could change because they start growing faster.  There is no way to tell what trajectory the baby will stay on!

I go back for another growth ultrasound at 34 weeks to see if mine has changed from the estimated 9.5lb+ path he was on.

I am hoping that he is only around 6 lbs at 34 weeks, so that 1/2 lb a week yields me a 9lb baby at 40 weeks and stays away from my fear of 10lbs+!

• My baby girl is measuring about the 95th percentile.
  • My LO is in the 90th percentile.. I had an ultrasound done two weeks ago and he was already 4 lb 8 oz.  I have another ultrasound tomorrow, so I'm interested to see if he's still on the same path to being upwards of 9.5 pounds.

So there's this boy. He kinda stole my heart. He calls me "Mom"

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Voted "Mom of the Year" 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Ok i have to ask do i know you?  I live in Huntersville, NC so i'm like 10 mins away from you!  I know my bump thing says lexington, SC and i've changed it like 10 times and it won't change.  I know this is totally off topic of what you posted!
  • My LO is totally opposite!  My lilttle fella was only about the 13th percentile at 32 weeks.  My OB has mentioned this whole pregancy that due to the hypertension I've had (and the fact that both mine and DH's familys make smaller babies) could be contributing to his little size.  I just hope he weighs enough at birth to not have to be in the NICU- which I found out yesterday would have to be 4.2 pounds to go to the nursery, below that and he'll be in the NICU.
    BabyFruit Ticker image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I get monthly u/s and for several months in a row, LO was measuring around 89%. Everyone kept saying how huge she was measuring. On Saturday I went in at almost 34 weeks and she was at 59%. So yes, things can change. 
  • elyndselynds member
    As of yesterday, my U/S measured the baby at 6lbs. 13oz. - 96th percentile (at about 35 weeks).  I will be going to the perinatologist again in 2 weeks to check, and then once a week after that until the baby is born.  I meet with my OB today to see what they say about it.  
  • At 29 weeks LO was measuring at 97%, 3lbs 12oz. I went back for another growth check this past Tuesday and baby is now measuring 67% at 4lbs 12oz. I was SO worried at first. Baby could just have gone through a growth spurt!
  • My LO is currently measuring at the 98th percentile with his head and feet both being off the charts (i.e. beyond 100 percentile) which I didn't know was possible.

So far, my OB and midwife are both being pretty calm about the whole thing.  They keep emphasizing a lot can change between now and 40 weeks and that "healthy bodies rarely grow babies they can't birth naturally".  (I'm negative for GD. Both me and my partner are tall.  I'm 5'11 and he's 6'3".)

I have been cautioned that if the baby is estimated to be above 10 lbs at full term, my OB will offer an optional scheduled c-section but that I still have the right to try to birth naturally first if I want. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"