September 2011 Moms

*~*Hump Day Bump Day*~*

It's Wednesday ladies - let's see those bumps!! And your belly buttons too (if you care to share)!!Survey questions (answer what you'd like, add what you'd like):Maternity Clothes:
Movement:
Symptoms:
What I miss:
Cravings:
Stretch Marks:
QOTW: Do you have any furbabies? If so, are you concerned about how they'll act and behave when you bring your LO home? Will you take any precautions or measures to make sure the introduction goes smoothly?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: *~*Hump Day Bump Day*~*

•  QOTW: Yes I have a new puppy & i'm very worried he is going to get jealous but I guess we will have to work with it, I am going to have my SO bring something of LO's home while we are still at the hospital for the puppy to get use to his scent

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• 33 weeks

I have a dog and a cat.  The cat can care less what goes on here, but the dog thinks shes runs this place.  I am sure things might be bumpy at first, but she has no option except to get over it.  We will have to work on making sure she still getting enough attention and feeling loved.

• Loading the player...
  • QOTW: No furbabies here, we have enough babies to take care of Stick out tongue.

Mommy to three adorable boys!
  • 34 weeks, 4 days:
    imageMaternity Clothes: Yup!  I had a moment of panic this morning as I realized that after LO gets here, I'm going to have to transition back to normal clothes... & I like my maternity wardrobe much better haha. 
    Movement: Lots!  I took a video of my belly this weekend because LO was making it move so much.
    Symptoms: I'm exhausted all the time & get horrible restless legs...
    What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach.
    Cravings: Nothing too noticeable this week...
    Stretch Marks: Same ol, same ol. QOTW: Do you have any furbabies? If so, are you concerned about how they'll act and behave when you bring your LO home? Will you take any precautions or measures to make sure the introduction goes smoothly?  No furbabies - though DH is suddenly on a kick to get a dog, I think we're going to wait until LO is a bit older.  I told him that now is not the right time to get a dog - we've only got a little over 5 weeks to prepare for a baby, and to add training a new pet on top of that would be a bit too much for me to handle right now!!  Smile

• 33 weeks!

QOTW: We have a recently adopted Siamese.. not worried at all shes taken to DD even with her roughness so I think shell be fine with DS..more worried about how dD will react to the baby..
  • imageimage

We have 5 furbabies:) 3 cats and 2 rottweilers. Not really to concerned on how they will react. I do think they will be curious of her though.

• QOTW: Do you have any furbabies? If so, are you concerned about how they'll act and behave when you bring your LO home? Will you take any precautions or measures to make sure the introduction goes smoothly?

I have one 4 year old dog who is super sweet though still rambuncious at times.  I have had my newborn nephew over a couple of times and she is very interested in him, though not aggressive.  So far, Lacey loves the baby's nursery and goes in there when she can just to lay on the shag rug.  She wants the little toys and clothes that are in there too.  I think she'll be protective but that the transition will be smooth

Here I am in all my morning glory,  33 weeks 3 days pregnant sitting in the hospital bed.  I wish there was a full length mirror so that I could get a better shot of the belly.

BabyFruit Ticker image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • image    QOTW: We have our cat, Snickers. I'm not worried about her behavior with the baby though. She's been around babies and toddlers before and is very good with them. They would grab her tail and pull her hair and she wouldn't even flinch, lol. I can't wait to get her a Big Sister shirt and a Little Brother onesie for Bruce :)
  • Maternity Clothes: 75% of the time
    Movement: constantly!
    Symptoms: mood swings : /
    What I miss: wine!  
    Cravings: none
    Stretch Marks: none ::fingers crossed::

QOTW: Do you have any furbabies? If so, are you concerned about how they'll act and behave when you bring your LO home? Will you take any precautions or measures to make sure the introduction goes smoothly?

2 fur babies. hoping they'll do well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • kleu9kleu9 member

We've got a 7 year old Golden Retriever who's personality holds so true to his breed it's crazy. We're very fortunate that we have zero concerns about how he'll respond to the baby since we've been able to do test runs with our friends babies/toddlers and he could care less if they are poking him in the nose/eyes/ears etc. Obviously we'll still take every standard precaution since he is an animal but we feel quite lucky that we don't have much to worry about!

QOTW: Yep we have a big dog and he's been very good with both of our other children - and spends the majority of his time running around outside, on our covered 3-season porch, or passed out in his open kennel inside - so he's kind of a non-issue. He's been a great "buddy" for the boys and I don't expect anything different when DS3 joins our family in a few weeks.

• kleu9kleu9 member
    imageAzrayla:
    33 weeks!

QOTW: We have a recently adopted Siamese.. not worried at all shes taken to DD even with her roughness so I think shell be fine with DS..more worried about how dD will react to the baby..

bump burp (see actual response further down)

• 31 Weeks 1 day

QOTW:  We have two cats.  Last time I was worried that they would try to get in the crib or bassinet with DS1.  Because they loved getting in there before he was born.  But once he was home they wanted nothing to do with anything he was using at the time.  I bought a crib tent, but we never ended up using it.

• LOVING your hair today, Azrayla! 
    BabyFruit Ticker image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • kleu9kleu9 member
    imageAzrayla:
    33 weeks!

Your hair is AWESOME. Totally NMS in terms of anything I would do for myself, but I can tell it fits your personality to a T. LOVE IT!

• Ohmygoodness do I want a Snickers now. Thank you, xtina! lol

•  image32 weeks exactly - taken this morning on our back deck!
    Survey questions (answer what you'd like, add what you'd like):Maternity Clothes: but of course. Although I'm honestly pretty sick of them, and wearing non-maternity t-shirts a lot, as you can see I'm doing today.
    Movement: All the time. sometimes I don't even feel it, I just see it. Baby squirms in strange ways sometimes, like wiggling a little butt or something. Pretty funny.
    Symptoms: Really not too horrible. Heartburn now and then, waking up to pee, the same old story. I was swelling terribly in the heat last week, but it's better this week now that it's cooler.
    What I miss: A good cold beer. Or a margarita would be even better. My birthday is tomorrow and I'm kind of annoyed that I can't have a nice glass of wine or something.
    Cravings: See above. :)
    Stretch Marks: I've just started some right above my belly button in the past couple weeks.
    QOTW: Do you have any furbabies? If so, are you concerned about how they'll act and behave when you bring your LO home? Will you take any precautions or measures to make sure the introduction goes smoothly?We have a cockatiel, who drives me crazy. He is quiet now because I'm upstairs, but once I come downstairs and he can see me he'll feel the need to make noise at me constantly. I worry that his noisiness will disturb the baby, that he'll hear the baby crying and need to scream along or something...we'll cross that bridge when and if we come to it, I guess. Worst case scenario, he may end up spending a lot of time covered when baby first comes home until he's used to the noise.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

31 Weeks

QOTW:  We have a cat and a dog.  I'm not worried about the dog because she absolutely loves people and I think she'll just see LO as one more person to love on.  The cat on the other hand is the jealous animal.  He has his routine and if it gets interrupted he walks around meowing loudly and knocking things off our dresser and bathroom sinks.  He's basically an a-hole  When we converted the guest room (aka the cat's room) into the nursery he walked around the house sulking and being a jerk for a couple weeks.  I'm sure he'll get over it eventually, but it will take time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker Henry - Born October 1, 2011 Baby #2 - Due August 30, 2013!
  • Everyone looks great! We're getting so close! Yippee!

We have one furbaby and she is awesome! I actually borrowed one of my little sisters very real looking baby dolls and have been carrying it around, putting it in LO's bed, swing, etc. She is very interested and smells and wags her tail a lot, but after a few minutes she's back on the couch to lay down and sleep. We even will talk to the doll and ohhhhh and ahhhhh it and the dog will just look at us for what she should be doing. She's a very good little girl.

MJ. Born 9-4-2011. 2 Weeks Old Here. Photobucket

2 dogs.  1 is an almost 7 year old Carin Terrier.  He is so alouf that he probably won't even notice LO, although he has become more affectionate.  He is good with all kids, so no worries.  We also have a 4 year old hound mix who is skittish around children, but we think that being around LO from the very beginning will be good for her. 

• kleu9kleu9 member
    imagekleu9:
    imageAzrayla:
    33 weeks!

Your hair is AWESOME. Totally NMS in terms of anything I would do for myself, but I can tell it fits your personality to a T. LOVE IT!

btw...hope me saying it's NMS didn't come across the wrong way. What I really meant is that I'm too chicken sh*t to ever try something like that and am not one to go against the grain, which is why I applaud you for it and think it looks so great on you!

• QOTW: Yes, we have a 90lb. yellow lab who's been the baby in our family for the last 6 years.  He's very sweet tempered, but gets jealous super easily.  We've introduced him to everything we've brought home for the baby and we haven't restricted him from the nursery.  We've been using a baby doll around the house to help with the transition...it moves from the crib, to the stroller, to the car seat, etc.  We also use the baby's name for everything that's hers, so hopefully that'll help once she's finally here!  I'm actually really looking forward to seeing how our pup reacts once she's here.  I expect/hope he'll be a protective older "brother".

Does anyone else feel like their head is getting smaller as their belly grows?  I feel like one of those cartoon characters that has a deflated head.  Kind of the opposite of a bobble head.  So unproportioned!

• Official 32 week photo:

And a pic that DH took this morning before DS and I went to his 18 month well baby visit:

• Thanks Kleu and Jeepers! Figured since I SAH might as well enjoy it without the "work restrictions" of professionalism I had before..Been doing off colors since age 13.. people are more surprised when my hair is "normal" :)

ETA: No worries on it not beeing your style etc! Like I said Ive been doing it since I was allowed to dye my hair and my mom actual dyes it for me so she was super ssupportive and even gave me other ideas.. I guess I can just pull it off.. ai was also heavy into the "goth" scene in highschool too.. The worst I was called was a ffreak by some old man and almost made a little girl in target cry but I got more compliments than anything..

Though the bedazzled hair totally has me beat! Someone has to go do that.

This pic was taken on Sunday before my baby shower with my brother.

QOTW: I have 2 furbabies. I am concerned about how they'll react but DH and I have been doing small preps here and there. We let them sniff all the baby items as well as sit or lay in them. We also turn on the swing and anything else that makes noise or movements so they are used to them by the time LO can use them.

Maternity Clothes: yes and no. still use belly bands for regular clothes
    Movement: TONS. he's always moving
    Symptoms: heartburn, insomnia, nesting or just irritated as hell that nobody cleans but me!
    What I miss: vino and margaritas!
    Cravings: none really.
    Stretch Marks: no new ones.

QOTW: have a 7 lb yorkie who's possessive. not sure how this will work out, but if he pees on the baby, we'll have a problem Smile

• Maternity Clothes: Yes and totally loving summer dresses!
    Movement: Very minor movments feel like rolls, a bit of kicks after I eat though! - anterior placenta
    Symptoms: This week has brought night time backache, heartburn some nausea still thoughout the day and yes sadly CANKLES!!!
    What I miss: My ankles lol and cold beer by the pool on these hot summer days
    Cravings: ICE CREAM and fresh made oven baked cookies!
    Stretch Marks: On my hips little red lines, hoping to continue the no belly ones!

My fur baby is my life! My 3 year old Soft Coated Wheaten Terrior Dog "Shea" is like my dogaughter. I think she'll be bit jealous and looking for more attention at first but then will totally love the baby and be the best big sister and be interested and protective of her. I look forward to the next few months and seeing how she is with her I am expecting it to be a great transition, Shea already loves kids and is really good with my nieces and nephews and neighbourhood kids!

• Maternity Clothes: Yes and totally loving summer dresses!
    Movement: Very minor movments feel like rolls, a bit of kicks after I eat though! - anterior placenta
    Symptoms: This week has brought night time backache, heartburn some nausea still thoughout the day and yes sadly CANKLES!!!
    What I miss: My ankles lol and cold beer by the pool on these hot summer days
    Cravings: ICE CREAM and fresh made oven baked cookies!
    Stretch Marks: On my hips little red lines, hoping to continue the no belly ones!

My fur baby is my life! My 3 year old Soft Coated Wheaten Terrior Dog "Shea" is like my dogaughter. I think she'll be bit jealous and looking for more attention at first but then will totally love the baby and be the best big sister and be interested and protective of her. I look forward to the next few months and seeing how she is with her I am expecting it to be a great transition, Shea already loves kids and is really good with my nieces and nephews and neighbourhood kids!

• 30 weeks!

The dogs couldn't care less. Our cat will probably be curious at first, then run as soon as Aubrey crys!

• This is just now, 34 weeks 4 days :) And I feel like my arms are huge!

We have two dogs - a Lab and Boston Terrier/Jack Russell mix. I'm not too worried about the little guy, as he is a cuddle bug. He may be just excited at first because there is someone new, but after that, DH and I see him laying by the crib/bouncer/bassinet and just sleeping when the baby is in them.

The Lab, though, we're a little concerned about. Not because he's vicious, growls or bites, but because he loves attention, and he has (excuse the terminology, but it's best to describe him) "retard strength". He will nudge with his nose, or push into us if he's excited to see us, and is just so strong. We're afraid he won't be gentle with Cael because he'll want to just love on him, but won't realize he's being too rough or strong. We'll just have to keep an eye on them both with Cael, and slowly introduce them. Other than that, we don't have a real plan to introduce them.

• We have a (rescue) Yellow Lab who is a complete doll however she's very timid and only likes DH and I -- so that makes me very nervous but I strongly believe that she will adjust to "life with baby Rylee".  :o)  It'll take time - but it'll happen. image PS: NOTHING is fitting lately so a trip to the mall this weekend is in order.  Doesnt help that I saw that movie "Friends with Benefits" this weekend w/DH and I was drooling over Mila Kunas' outfits throughout the movie.  That girl has the cutest little figure and pulls off the cutest little outfits. 
  • I'm trying to decide between two dresses for my shower on Sunday... so my HDBD will be a fashion show and I need your help! DH likes blue because we are having a boy and it's blue :) I'm torn I like the blue but I might like the other better!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP!! Oct. 28 2010 - Natural MC Nov. 16 at 7 wks BFP!! January 17, 2011
  • imageJeepersWife:

I love that you're participating from the hospital! Yay :) I hope you're doing ok! 

•  image Just finished painting LO's room last night so I decided to take a pic in there...   QOTW: Do you have any furbabies? If so, are you concerned about how they'll act and behave when you bring your LO home? Will you take any precautions or measures to make sure the introduction goes smoothly? We have one cat named Beaner. I'm a little worried about him because he does not play well with others. The reason we actually have him is because my parents got a dog and Beaner started peeing in the house. I'm a little worried of him doing this out of jealousy when LO comes...I'm not about to let my baby crawl around on carpet that might be peed on.   image

• OnwardOnward member

I cut my cankles out of the photo Tongue Tied  Went to a wedding this weekend (32w4d) and wore heels... what a dumb idea!!!

QOTW:  I have two cats, who I think will probably just avoid the baby... they do not care much for change but they are good cats so I am not concerned about their adapting.  I also have a two year old Lab/Pitbull mix who is my baby right now...  he may have some jealousy issues but I think overall he will probably be very protective over the baby (like he is over me).  He does love kids though, especially once they reach the toddler stage.  We've worked on some general "good behavior" and command training with him... and I fully intend to utlize a LOT of doggy daycare in the first few weeks!

TTC #1 for 4 years with every trick in the book. IVF in October 2010= BFN
    Elliott Michael born 9/22/11
    Audrey Pauline 9/13/15
  • imageBarefootAndSinging:
    Ohmygoodness do I want a Snickers now. Thank you, xtina! lol
    lol, but I was talking about my cat! Go for the Snickers ice cream bar, love those!

imagesarahscooty:

I'm trying to decide between two dresses for my shower on Sunday... so my HDBD will be a fashion show and I need your help!

I like the blue :)
  • You all are so beautiful!! Don't let anyone tell y'all any different!

I'll be 32 weeks tomorrow... so exciting! I'm at work right now, hence the ACUs.

I don't have any furbabies right now. :(   I wish I still had my Saydie, she was a blue fawn pit bull. She was the sweetest and most beautiful dog ever. I hope to have another one in a couple years or a blue tick *** hound.

Anyways.. Here's my photo.

We have 2 OUTSIDE dogs. They didn't bother Justin, so I am sure Anabelle will be fine also. Justin is now at the age where he terrorizes them...lol.

• Since I'm wearing the same top, I thought I'd o a comparison: WOW!

week 17:

week 34:

I think both the cat (Tiggs) and Dog (Vedder) will be jealous at first, mainly due to lack of attention.  But I think they will both do just fine.  DH is planning on bringing home a blanket that Dylan was wrapped in and letting the boys smell it so they aren't surprised by his smell. 

****Signature warning Losses Mentioned****

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP#1 07/01/2004 ~ EDD 03/10/2005 ~ 
    D&C 8/1/2004 @ 5w5d
    BFP#2 12/27/10 ~ EDD 9/06/2011 ~ DS born 08/14/11 via c-section, passed away 10/17/11
    BFP#3 09/07/12 ~ EDD 5/09/2013 ~ DS born 01/30/13 survived for 2 hrs
    08/06/14 Waiting for 1st IVF cycle to begin

IVF#1: started stims 9/15; trigger 9/24; ET 9/26-5R 5M, 5F. 3 biopsied for PGD

image           image

I'm 32 weeks 5 days!

I do have a cat who I'm not really worried about...I think my in-laws and parents are more worried than I am.  FIL told me last night he's scared she jumps in the crib and pokes Anna Leigh's eye out lol With all the crying she will do, my cat will want NOTHING to do with the baby for a while...she hates people who talk loud.  But on the other hand, I could be completely wrong lol...we shall see!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"