2nd Trimester

Double Stroller

By the time my son is born, he and my daughter will be 20 months apart. Any recommendations for a double stroller? I had the Chicco Keyfit travel system for my daughter, but am clueless on double strollers. I would appreciate any help! Thanks.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Double Stroller

• My baby boy n DD will be 23 months apart.. I will be getting the City Select double.. I like in Miami, Fl. And I see all the time women with two babies stuggling with the big Sid by side strollers.. Dh n I wanted to avoid that so we are going with a front and back stroller..
  • I think it kind of depends on your budget. The City Select like pp mentioned is great, but it's $650-ish, which may be over your price range. In that price range, I also like the Bumbleride Indie twin. I wouldn't recommend a sit and stand for kids under 2.5, some other good options are the Baby Jogger City Mini double (not too big, and affordable), or the Maclaren double (more of an umbrella stroller, but great strollers). We're going to look for a used Bob duallie as well, just to use for walks, park rides.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We have the Bumbleride indie twin, they are spendy but worth it. And you can get a good deal from time to time on ebay, brand new!  Also I would reccomend a Valco if you want front to back and not side to side
    Finley Belle 12/27/07 Ezra Bennett 10/02/09 Josephine Pearl 12/31/11 H is for Hillman
  • I have a graco duoglider and it has worked well for us
    Robin - CO Mod * RP & JHutch Lover * Hufflepuff
    <><
    Tizzle 10/07 ~ Boppy 7/09 ~ Chicken 1/12
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Books read in 2013: ~ Audiobooks listened to in 2013: 3
    Currently reading: The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon
    Currently listening to: The Dark Divine by Bree Despain
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Robin (jason&robin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf) image
  • I am looking at the joovy sit and stand.  It is opossite most of the sit and stands where the toddler gets the nice seat and the baby carrier snaps into the back by mom.  Then when the baby is bigger to sit in the actualy seat, the toddler then will sit on a nicer bench type seat in back.
  • We are looking into the Baby Jogger City Mini Double Stroller.  We love the Baby Jogger strollers, but we know that they are well worth their prices.  If you are still up in the air for what you want make sure you go to the store and test drive these strollers to get a better idea of what works for you.  As you probably know, double strollers are not cheap...
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMommyToOBe:
    My baby boy n DD will be 23 months apart.. I will be getting the City Select double.. I like in Miami, Fl. And I see all the time women with two babies stuggling with the big Sid by side strollers.. Dh n I wanted to avoid that so we are going with a front and back stroller..

Same here...our two little ones will be 23 months apart.  We have the Baby Jogger City Select.  I love that stroller.

• imagefinallyMrsM:
    I am looking at the joovy sit and stand.  It is opossite most of the sit and stands where the toddler gets the nice seat and the baby carrier snaps into the back by mom.  Then when the baby is bigger to sit in the actualy seat, the toddler then will sit on a nicer bench type seat in back.

We are looking at this too.  We tried it out in the store the other day and our toddler loved it!

• We are going to need a double too, and my biggest problem with them is how heavy they are!  The lightest two I have found are the Peg Perego Aria 60/40 (around 19 lbs) and the Combi Sport Twin (around 21 lbs).  They are both side-by-sides, but they fit through a standard doorway and really aren't terribly wide.  They also accept one infant carseat, which is nice when you have one newborn and one older child.  The baskets aren't huge, but they fold up nice and small and are reasonably priced.  The Peg Perego is around $350 and the Combi is around $230, depending on which color/style you choose.  I recommend at least test driving these, the Peg Perego can be found at BuyBuyBaby and the Combi is at Babies R Us.  I hope you find something you like!

Side note: A friend has 3 year old twins and I asked her about her double stroller the other day.  She had a tandem (front to back) and loved it, but it was pretty heavy.  She still has pain from her c-section (3 years later!) and she and the doctor think it is because she was constantly lifting a heavy stroller.  The big ones are nice, but the weight of them and the potential long-term consequences just aren't worth it.  Go with a light one! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I love my Phil & Ted's Sport! I also have the Baby Trend Sit and Stand, which is no good, in my opinion. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Perfect ladies, I have some homework to do and appreciate all suggestions!
  • imageTheBrowns:
    I love my Phil & Ted's Sport! I also have the Baby Trend Sit and Stand, which is no good, in my opinion

Why? We are looking at that one right now...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"