Babies: 9 - 12 Months

banning circumcision? Are you kidding me

https://www.parents.com/blogs/parents-news-now/2011/07/25/parenting-news/circumcision-ban-on-ballot-in-california/

To each their own if you choose to or not.  i would for religious reasons.  I don't think it is mutilation at all nor does it  hurt them for the long run.  I think it actually helps  but How could you ban it. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: banning circumcision? Are you kidding me

• Many in our society do not think circumcision is mutilation.  However, mutilation is defined as "a major reduction or alteration of a limb or tissue, which may be intentional or accidental" according to McGraw-Hill Concise Dictionary of Modern Medicine, 2002. 

I am not here to give my personal opinion either way.  I just think that circumcision is so main stream in the US that we think the procedure as being routine and anyone that decides against it is going against the norm.

Yes, I've read the pros and cons for both sides.  I have 2 little boys and have had to decide for them what I think is best.

But, we are reducing/altering human tissue which by definition = mutilation. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • and if people choose to refrain from the procedure, more power to them.  but, i don't think they have a right to tell me what i can and can't do in the circumstance. 

if it passes, i don't think it will pass constitutional scrutiny.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I dont really believe in circumcision, and C is not done, although DH was the deciding factor in that. He has always felt he was mutilated because he is cut. However, we also get that it is a personal decision, and wouldn't push ours on anyone else. I dont think its a big enough deal whether someone gets it done or not. I certainly see no reason to ban it. Its not like female circumcision that actually destroys nerves and tissue and stuff, this is just like extra skin with a little tissue to it.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• I'm not sure I agree with a ban. However, circumcision is the amputation of perfectly healthy flesh for cosmetic reasons. I can see how in the future it could be something we as a society look back on as a brutal antiquated medical procedure.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • While I don't agree at all with circumscision, I don't think enacting a law is the way to go.  I would however support it no longer being covered by insurance companies.  Essentially it's like covering a cosmetic procedure since most (I understand not all) parents in this country choose to have it done for "beauty" reasons or to "match" daddy.  There's no medical reason, so stop covering it and maybe more people would start believing that it really isn't necessary.
    Anniversary Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

~Started TTC 2/09. BFP #1 11/09. EDD 8/7/10. DS born 8/7/10.~
    ~Surprise BFP #2 5/11 while still BF'ing. Natural M/C @ 7w3d.~
    ~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
    ~Started TTC 2/13. BFP #4 3/13. EDD 11/8/13. Hoping for smooth sailing!~
  • This is ridiculous!  It is a parents choice, not the governments!  I guess my DH and I would pay the fine.  It is not mutilation and it doesn't not hurt them...my son was numb and never flinched (my husband watched it).  My husband is very thankful his parents made the decision to circ him b/c he would have never done it at an older age.  He would have been in more pain and remembered it.  I mean everyone can do what they want...but the government is not going to tell me what I can/can't do w/ my child!
    PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

• imageanimalcrckr:

Many in our society do not think circumcision is mutilation.  However, mutilation is defined as "a major reduction or alteration of a limb or tissue, which may be intentional or accidental" according to McGraw-Hill Concise Dictionary of Modern Medicine, 2002. 

I am not here to give my personal opinion either way.  I just think that circumcision is so main stream in the US that we think the procedure as being routine and anyone that decides against it is going against the norm.

Yes, I've read the pros and cons for both sides.  I have 2 little boys and have had to decide for them what I think is best.

But, we are reducing/altering human tissue which by definition = mutilation. 

You say it is mutilation b/c "we are reducing/altering human tissue," but by the definition you presented, it is a "MAJOR reduction or alteration" that constitutes mutilation.  I'm not for or against it, I just don't think it can be considered major by any means.  Just something to think about.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagem&m2006:

and if people choose to refrain from the procedure, more power to them.  but, i don't think they have a right to tell me what i can and can't do in the circumstance. 

if it passes, i don't think it will pass constitutional scrutiny.

then why don't we allow female circumcision?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"