2nd Trimester

What prenatals do you use?

I had been using the gummy ones from Target because I couldn't swallow anything larger during the first tri. I recently ran out and went ot get some more but the more I was thinking about it I was wondering if a gummy vitamin was really good enough. The dr. said I could just get anything over the counter, and didn't prescribe anything in particular. This time I got the One a Day prenatals. Does anyone have any experience with this? Are the gummy ones just as good?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: What prenatals do you use?

• I have heard that any over the counter PNV is fine.  I am on a prescription, though.  Mine is CitraNatal DHA.  I like it.  But like I said, I have heard any over the counters are fine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I've been using Rainbow Light Prenatal One. It's just one pill, and contains all natural ingredients, with no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.  The gummy ones have no iron, so keep that in mind, and they lack a ton of other vitamins as well. When I compare the labels of the Prenatal One to the gummies, it's a huge difference in vitamin/mineral content. 

https://www.amazon.com/Rainbow-Light-Prenatal-Multivitamin-Tablets/dp/B000EE8036/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1311433595&sr=8-1 

• Loading the player...
  • i was using gummy one a day regular vitamins and then went to the one a day prenatals once i got pregnant. besides making my nausea worse from weeks 6 thru 10, they have been fine for me. my doctor was fine with my choice.  

sorry about no capital letters in this post, the bump doesnt like my phone 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageKBBH:
    I have heard that any over the counter PNV is fine.  I am on a prescription, though.  Mine is CitraNatal DHA.  I like it.  But like I said, I have heard any over the counters are fine.

This.  I'm on the same prenatals.  I prefer these vitamins bc they smell like vanilla (the strong vitamin smell was making me gag) and they are a stool softner.  At this time, there isn't a generic nor a over the counter with those two things.  My bf used Target's over the counter prenatals and loved them... 

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I use a prescription too -- obtrex. They are somewhat small, have a stool softener (doesn't really work, tho) and aren't not too bad. My cousin used One a Day OTC too because she said everything else made her sick, and her baby is just fine. I'm sure as long as you are taking *something* it's fine :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The nurse at my RE's office highly recommended the Nature Made Liquid Softgel Prenatal Multi +DHA.  She said the DHA is important for brain and eye development.  It's just one pill and doesn't have a fishy aftertaste.  It hasn't made me feel nauseated, either! 
  • mine are script from OB they are prenatab
  • I take the Target brand (UP and UP) prenatal vitamin and supplement it with Fish Oil, Biotin, and Folic Acid.  I took the generic prescription one with my last pregnancy and while they were only $4 a month, I am spending less this time and am getting more for my money.  I understand a lot of people have issues with swallowing pills and with repeating during pregnancy, but I have been blessed to not have that problem, so this is really working for me.  Hope you find something you like.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I've been taking One A Day's since we started talking about trying.  I've never had an issue with them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am taking Concept DHA (prescription prenatal) which has worked fine for me so far. But know I feel like my prenatal may be lacking in certain vitamins (ie. Vit A). I need to look into this.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I take ones prescribed by my Dr.  They are Select OB + DHA.  Its two different ones - one chewable and the DHA is a gel capsule.  I've heard that Target sells similar ones, that are just as good and cheaper.  I'm not sure about the One A Day ones, though.  If the Dr. said anything was fine then I'd just tell him the next time you go what you are taking.  If he says you need something else than ask for specifics.  If not, you are probably good to go with what you have! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I can NOT have Iron so I must take children's vitamins. I usually share my DD's gummies :)  Otherwise I have to take a senior 50 and over one.
  • I've been taking the Nature Made Liquid Gels with DHA. They seem big, but the softgels are easy to swallow. The Dr Oz pregnancy book recommended the DHA for baby's brain development. I buy mine at Costco.
  • imagemarisol&alan:

imageKBBH:
    I have heard that any over the counter PNV is fine.  I am on a prescription, though.  Mine is CitraNatal DHA.  I like it.  But like I said, I have heard any over the counters are fine.

This.  I'm on the same prenatals.  I prefer these vitamins bc they smell like vanilla (the strong vitamin smell was making me gag) and they are a stool softner.  At this time, there isn't a generic nor a over the counter with those two things.  My bf used Target's over the counter prenatals and loved them... 

I too am on the Rx CitraNatal, however mine are called CitraNatal Assure. I like them a lot. It's 2 pills instead one giant horse pill. Makes them so much easier to swallow and they've never made me sick. 

They also have a stool softener, which is helpful at this time, ha!

BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• I take these...

https://www.drugstore.com/vitafusion-prenatal-gummy-vitamins-berry-lemon-and-cherry/qxp261672

My doctor said it was fine that they do not contain iron, as long as I don't become anemic....

I think they are yummie ~ and they don't upset my stomach at all. 

• I was on GNC brand prenatals, but they were making me so sick. My doc actually recommended the Target gummies and that's what I'm on now.

BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP #1 5/07/11, DS 01/19/12
    BFP #2 08/09/12, M/C 08/10/12
    BFP #3 10/30/12, EDD 07/11/12...please stick!
  • I started out with the Target Prenatal Gummies but am almost out so I bought the regular ones. I just hope I can swallow them...
  • I take the Trader Joes prenatals and omegas. I have had zero problems.
  • I also use the Vitafusion gummy PNVs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"