TTC After a Loss

Post D/E AF Question (I'm sorry if TMI)

Hi Ladies! I am not a regular poster but I am on everyday reading and lurking. I have gained so much support and encouragement from all of you. A little history about me and my husband. We have been together for four years and were married last May. In March of 2010, I had a myomectomy to remove 6 large fibroid tumors. At this time they diagnosed my with a bicornuate uterus. I was told to wait one year to concieve. In March of this year, I got my very first BFP. We were shocked to say the least. Everything was great until 15 weeks 2 days ( we had previously had 2 U/S and our NT scan) when our sweet little baby no longer had a heartbeat. I had a D/E on June 3 and it took five weeks for my first AF to start. On July 8th, I started bleeding never very heavy and with no cramps. It lasted for five days stopped and started again and I have continued to have bleeding and spotting since then. The bleeding turned to brown about a week ago but I still have to wear a tampon and it is VERY stringy! I called my doctor on Friday because I am supposed to have bloodwork this friday for CD 21 testing and I really think its pointless to have it done because I am pretty sure I have not ovulated with all this bleeding going on. The nurse told me to just come in anyway and did not really have any information regarding the bleeding. Sorry this is so long and all over the place but I am just so frustrated and really hope that someone out there has experienced this and can give me some insight. Thanks again ladies and hope you all have a great Sunday!!

Re: Post D/E AF Question (I'm sorry if TMI)

• first i am so sorry for your loss!  and unfortunately our bodies go wacky after the procedures.  i'm jealous b/c i had my d & e on june 15th and i am still waiting on af (expecting her this week).  

but i had a d &e back in november, and from what i remember when i ovulated (I temped) it was EWCM, but it did have blood in it.  it was a very strange ovulation. if i wasn't temping i would have sworn i was just spotting again because it wasn't like any other ovulation i ever had.  but i took ovulation predictor kits, and it was positive for 3 days.    and i happened to get pregnant that cycle.  

i would still get the bloodwork done because it will give you some answers, whether you are ovulating or not!  

GL 

image Robbie's Blog
    DD #1 born 10/21/03

DD #2 born 2/8/06

DS no hb 11/17/10 at 21w1d, d&e 11/24,demise due to fetal hydrops, from congestive heart failure, probably caused by structural malformation

Our Rango....BFP 2/6/11...hb on 2/23...perfectly healthy, but no hb on 6/9/11 d & e 6/15/2011
    Rango's Blog
  • I'm sorry for your loss. I have to agree that our bodies get out of whack post m/c. Welcome to the board. GL with you appt, also agree get whatever testing they allow you to do. It's like pulling teeth sometimes to get seen/heard.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • So sorry for your loss, but welcome to the board. I hope you find comfort here.

I didn't have a D&E but did have a D&C on June 13 and my first AF was pretty whacked out. Longer than normal, with spotting at the end of it----but only one day of heavy bleeding. From what I gather a lot of women here have very odd periods first time around after a procedure, so hang in there! I think talking to your doc about this situation is a good idea, too, just to get their feedback.

Another blogger! My Life in Transition.

Married 05.27.07
    BFP#1 - 07.07.09 | EDD 03.14.10 | Truman Anthony born @38w 03.01.10
    BFP#2 - 03.24.11 | EDD 11.29.11 | missed MC found @9w 04.26.11 | D&C @16w 06.13.11
    BFP#3 - 09.17.11 | EDD 05.29.12 | It's a girl!!!
    My BFP Chart
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    **my labor buddy is Sweepie412**

• First, I'm sorry for your loss. I know how frustrating it can be to not have your body cooperate after everything we've been through. I had a D & C in march, (for a missed M/C at 13 weeks) I didnt get my first AF for abour 8 weeks then continued to bleed off and on for the next 4 weeks. My doctor did a bunch of blood tests and U/S and everything came back normal. He said it just was taking my body longer to regulate again after my M/C. I finally ovulated for the first time since my M/C this month. I would have your doctor do tests to make sure its not something else but sometimes it just takes our bodies awile to get back to "normal". Hugs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am still new to this so I don't know how to thank each of you for your advice but thank you for your responses. It is nice to get others experiences because sometimes you feel like the only person ever to go through some things. I just want my body back and to have some type of normalcy. I am sorry for each of your losses and I truly have gained so much strength from all of you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"