September 2011 Moms

TMI - Let's talk about sex ....

Yes, I am going there! Wink My DH has been deployed for most of this pregnancy but is due to come home very soon - NOT soon enough - but in time for him to see my whale of a belly. Due to his job we haven't been able to communicate in the past couple of weeks - and even when we were - it was hit and miss - but I know for a fact we are both anxious to DTD.

However, with my HUGE belly I am afraid that it's going to be uncomfortable for me and feel different for him? If that makes sense.

So I am hoping that some of you ladies who are still "having fun" in your 3rd tri can tell me some of the more comfortable positions for you. I know that it will probably be something he and I will just have to experiment with BUT Im hoping we can at least have ONE comfortable position for the first time so we're not spending a lot of time working on finding the perfect one at first.

So tell me - what works and what doesnt! :) Thanks in advance!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: TMI - Let's talk about sex ....

• Just about the only position that has been comfortable to me is "doggy style". I really hate that name but thats all I know it as lol I've heard that it's comfortable to some, to be laying on your side both facing the same way, him behind you, yada yada. Or girl on top. I think, like you said, you will have to experiment, but I hope this helps. :D Have fun! Wink
  • Being on top physically feels best for me, but I totally hate my body so I don't really like it.  Doggy-style works, but I like to put a pillow under my boobs (to allow room for tummy) and lay down flat (almost) with my legs together, he enters from behind... this is his favorite.  I have to warn you though, I have a high sex drive for a pregnant woman but nothing makes me feel unsexy like sex does.  It's kinda like a reminder of how big and uncomfortable you are, but you don't realize it until you're doing it.  Also, way too much vaginal secretions, it's like a slip and slide, not very sexy.  I've found that the only thing that makes me feel sexy is giving him oral (my face doesn't look preggo!)   so we usually start out with that.  I'm sorry if this is TMI but you asked.  Hope it helps :)

• Loading the player...
  • Ella&CElla&C member
    Side-lying is all I can do. It's lazy, but it gets the job done Devil
  • As others suggested Doggy and the spooning position (side laying) would work.. I was banned from sex third tri with DD and I havent had sex this time either aince the last time it felt luke his penis was a razor blade(we handle business other ways) Ill give in to intercourse come 37 weeks...Id suggest having lube on hand just in case as well! Good luck, go get 'im girly.
  • I'm so glad you initiated this conversation, cause I wanted to share!  We did it last night.  For the first time in a LOOOONG time.  Like 3-4 months.  I nearly had to coerce him into it cause he was nervous, but he finally gave in.  I was strangely super horny last night for the first time in a while, so something was going to happen whether he participated or not.  Anyways... we used some lube because I haven't had the pleasure of extra secretions during pregnancy.  We had to take it kind of easy and slow because I was SUPER sensitive, it was almost painful.  It has never felt so sensitive in there.  We did doggie style, but we almost always go with that position because DH is into my behind, and it's the most comfortable for both of us.  My favorite part of that position is that DH has good access to my shoulders and back of my neck, which are my most erogenous areas.  It was good.  He was still a little nervous and baby was kicking the whole time so that was weird.  But hopefully it was good practice for when we want to do it more to get that baby out.  GOOD LUCK!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • As of right now the best position for us is the side laying, scissor-like position.  Not really sure how to explain it.  Basically you start out spooning with him behind, but then I kinda roll my hips back towards him and put one leg over top of him.  So I'm kindof on my back, but not completely.  He's still on his side with his top leg inbetween mine.  He has always really liked that position, and it takes the big belly out of the equation.  It's normally not my favorite way, but right now it's the best.  And it leaves him a free hand to do 'other' things to make it better for me :)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageKatywren:
    I'm so glad you initiated this conversation, cause I wanted to share!  We did it last night.  For the first time in a LOOOONG time.  Like 3-4 months.  I nearly had to coerce him into it cause he was nervous, but he finally gave in.  I was strangely super horny last night for the first time in a while, so something was going to happen whether he participated or not.  Anyways... we used some lube because I haven't had the pleasure of extra secretions during pregnancy.  We had to take it kind of easy and slow because I was SUPER sensitive, it was almost painful.  It has never felt so sensitive in there.  We did doggie style, but we almost always go with that position because DH is into my behind, and it's the most comfortable for both of us.  My favorite part of that position is that DH has good access to my shoulders and back of my neck, which are my most erogenous areas.  It was good.  He was still a little nervous and baby was kicking the whole time so that was weird.  But hopefully it was good practice for when we want to do it more to get that baby out.  GOOD LUCK!

I was feeling it too last night. I hadn't been desirous of sex in well over a month, but damn I wanted it last night. I initiated (I think DH thinks he can break me somethnig, so there is not initiating from him during pregnancy) and he was into it and we start tussling...AND THEN the baby started moving a lot and totally freaked DH out and the moment was gone. So we watched the History Channel and went to bed.

• imagemollybloom:

I was feeling it too last night. I hadn't been desirous of sex in well over a month, but damn I wanted it last night. I initiated (I think DH thinks he can break me somethnig, so there is not initiating from him during pregnancy) and he was into it and we start tussling...AND THEN the baby started moving a lot and totally freaked DH out and the moment was gone. So we watched the History Channel and went to bed.

Ha... yeah that's another nice thing about doggie style.  DH has no access to the belly that way.  During foreplay he started rubbing the belly and it almost ruined my horny... redirected him to the boobies.  We're still figuring these things out.... 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagemollybloom:

imageKatywren:

Oh, married life...isn't it grand?  Wink  I can definitely empathize...

• On top is comfortable but I so like hubby on top, so we put a pillow underneath my bum to raise me a little bit, but do a lot of foreplay beforehand, so once I'm uncomfortable and need to get off my back, we are good and 'tired' anyways:)  I hope you and your DH have a great time!  I love sexy time.  Here's hoping for some later on today....
  • My husband gets back from a month long underway here in a couple weeks. Im ready for him to home!! Up until he left we were having sex often and I found that me on top was the most comfortable. We did try 'doggy style' a couple times but I didnt enjoy it as much.. also a good on is laying on the side of the bed with him standing.. good luck!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Single mama - beautiful baby - learning to live
  • Definitely "doggy style" with a pillow underneath your chest is a good option. We also like me on my back with my pelvis on the edge of the bed, him standing. I generally kind of wrap my legs around him to bring him in closer in that position. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree with PPs that "doggy style" has been the most comfortable way for us lately. We've never had luck with the side by side poses and whether I'm on top or he is, the belly is still in the way now. Also, just kind of an fyi, nipple stimulation causes contractions. So DH is no longer allowed there now (rather a bummer for both of us) bc it just makes my tummy feel too weird and it becomes impossible for me to ignore the whole Pregnant/Mommy part of me and focus on the Woman/Wife fun :) Just FWIW!
  • the few times we've done it it's been me on top (with a blanket covering my belly - out of sight, out of mind) and doggy style with a blanket or pillow underneath my chest and belly for more support (again the belly is hidden).

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thank you ladies so so much! With this information I am ready to get back "into the game" - it's been way too long. haha

Someone mentioned how DH would rub their belly as "foreplay" and it kinda was a turn off - I can honestly say I know what you mean. Before DH left - I wasn't VERY far along but he would rub my stomach afterwards and kiss it - and while I think it's the sweetest thing ever - it also kinda weirded me out. Thankfully he would do it afterwards :)

Thanks for the advice that nipple stimulation causes contractions - my boobs have always been his favorite sexual asset that I have - so I will have to find a nice way to tell him "no no" haha.

I am pretty nervous though - I have to admit. Im sure some of you ladies have husbands that go away on jobs, so maybe you know what Im talking about - but when you've not seen eachother for so many months - you get these little butterflies in your stomach and you get so "highschool-ish" about sex. Of course, everytime he's been gone and we come home and the clothes start to hit the floor - the butterflies fly away. :) This time though - I am anxious to see how he reacts to this huge stomach.

Anyway If anyone has anymore advice - please feel free to share! You can never be too prepapred for something like this - and Thank you again for those of you who shared!

• Hey there,

I say ditto on the doggy-style. We have done it with me kinda on my side (using my snoogle pillow for support, of all things), but it still mashes my tummy a bit, so I don't like it as much.  

Also, maybe somebody else brought this up already, I didn't read through every response, but despite being in the mood more than usual, I actually have more trouble getting lubricated on my own, so we've realized that it really helps to have some lubricant on-hand, just in case.  I bought some that's water-based, free of weird chemicals, vegan, etc, just to make sure I'm not exposing Bebop to anything extra-funky (actually I have no idea if that stuff could even reach him- I doubt it, but just to be safe.)

Sorry if that's tmi, just something to consider, because it changed sort of all of a sudden for me.

Good luck! 

Visit The Nest! Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I agree with ppl, doggy is easiest, and feels great!  I've been carrying really low from the beginning, so me on top is difficult b/c I feel like I have a melon in my lap.  I'm also still just fine laying on my back, especially if I scoot to the edge of the bed with him is standing at the end of the bed and my legs supported one his chest! Yay for sexy time :) 
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"