3rd Trimester

Popping over from First Tri - Diapers on Newborn

So when dd was born I remember the hospital using Pampers Swaddlers. When she was born they didn't have dry max. Now I only see the Swaddlers with dry max. I called the hospital where I will be giving birth to see if they still use them or if they have others.

She said they only use pampers swaddlers but didn't remember if they use dry max. I said I didn't think they made them without anymore. So she said then yes I guess they would.

Becuase I rather not have my baby in dry max I guess I am going to have to buy my own diapers to the hospital....crazy...... Am I?

I know some mommies on here won't put it on their babies either.....

Anyone else consider this?

Also on the toddler board...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Popping over from First Tri - Diapers on Newborn

• I refuse to support Pampers after the whole dry max fiasco.  We're bringing our own diapers to the hospital (Huggies Pure and Natural, what we use for DS too).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimageimage
  • I'm almost positive that the pampers swaddlers sensitive do not have dry max.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageabell77:
    I'm almost positive that the pampers swaddlers sensitive do not have dry max.

That's correct, though I doubt that the hospital uses those.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageITeachK:

imageabell77:
    I'm almost positive that the pampers swaddlers sensitive do not have dry max.

That's correct, though I doubt that the hospital uses those.

I doubt it either.

• I refuse to support Pampers in any way, shape or form after their reaction to the dry max fiasco. 

We'll be bringing our own diapers to the hospital as well.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't think it's that big of a deal.  Drymax doesn't irritate every baby and most babies are fine with it.  If you are truly concerned, you could bring your own or just wait to see how your LO does with the diapers they supply.  All I know is that with my first I was in so much pain and was concentrating on recovering myself so that I could go home when I was supposed to that the last thing I was worried about was what brand of diapers we were using.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Whats dry max and whys it so bad?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Single mama - beautiful baby - learning to live
  • imagemamastich:
    Whats dry max and whys it so bad?

I was wondering the same thing

• imageadge_dave:

imagemamastich:

When dry max came out there was an many mothers that claimed that it gave their babies horrible rashes. It was something new out on the market that could cause babies harm. Some babies rashes was really bad. Google it.

• gbtc01gbtc01 member
    imageSept1799:
    imageadge_dave:

imagemamastich:

When dry max came out there was an many mothers that claimed that it gave their babies horrible rashes. It was something new out on the market that could cause babies harm. Some babies rashes was really bad. Google it.

Dry max is a new formulation of the absorbency beads in the diapers. It is suposed to suck up more liquid than the old ones thus the diapers are thinner. In theory a good thing but since so many babies were reacting poorly many moms complained. Pampers is blaiming the parents for not treating the diaper rashed properly. Even though it looks like the worst cases were chemical burns and not diaper rash. The pictures for this can get pretty horrible just to let you know.

• I swear by Pampers Dry Max- it works best on DS so I am all for them! I am also all for free diapers so I don't have any issue with what the hospital uses...LOL.
  • When I had dd in 2009 our hospital used pampers swaddlers sensitive I'm pretty sure. I remember them having the line that changed color when they were wet which was really nice at that point when they didn't really look or feel different when wet. I tried to find them after I ran out of the hospital pack but the store near me didn't have the sensitive and amazon didn't have their program yet.

We've only used pampers and haven't had a problem. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"