Pregnant after 35

Webster Method...anyone? (reposted from the Sept board)

My baby's Breech and is very likely coming early. (I'm having pre-term labor and had a positive fFN test already.) My dr recommended the Webster Method (that uses chiropractors certified in the method) to turn a Breech baby. I would like to try it if he doesn't turn soon since I am progressing (although thankfully slowly). Has anyone else heard of this Method or used it (hopefully successfully)? I'd like your thoughts on the method!
image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Webster Method...anyone? (reposted from the Sept board)

• My sister did this.Just couldn't remember what it was called.  The problem was the baby turned back to the breech position. The child is still stubborn to this day. Her doctor told her there was a 5% chance of the baby doing this. He also told her that he had a lot of success with it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image.
  • I had to do a lot of research on this when pregnant with DS who was breech. It can work but, is most successful if not the 1st pregnancy.  Also, there are risks involved including fetal distress requiring a c-section, cord issues, etc.

In the end, I went with my own gut feeling and did not do the version.  For me, it was a good choice because DS was really stuck and would likely have been harmed in the process. 

Good luck with your decision and I hope your LO hangs in for another couple of weeks!

the boymom is expecting a girl!
    big brothers 12.2009 and 02.2012
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagevarkeyr:
    My sister did this.Just couldn't remember what it was called.  The problem was the baby turned back to the breech position. The child is still stubborn to this day. Her doctor told her there was a 5% chance of the baby doing this. He also told her that he had a lot of success with it.

Yeah, my dr said there was a good percentage rate for it working.  Since I'm already having preterm labor, I'm not too worried about him flipping back.  I heard it could take a few treatments though, and that worries me.  I don't know how long I'll be able to hold off on delivering.

• imageJen&Louie:

I had to do a lot of research on this when pregnant with DS who was breech. It can work but, is most successful if not the 1st pregnancy.  Also, there are risks involved including fetal distress requiring a c-section, cord issues, etc.

In the end, I went with my own gut feeling and did not do the version.  For me, it was a good choice because DS was really stuck and would likely have been harmed in the process. 

Good luck with your decision and I hope your LO hangs in for another couple of weeks!

I worry about him being stuck in the position he's in too.  If he comes too soon, I won't be able to do anything (he'll just have to come by c-section because of the particular Breech position he's in), but its good to hear from other perspectives too.  I don't even know if they'll be able to try the technique if I'm already having contractions.  It may just be too late to try to turn him.  :(

• I'm not familiar with the Webster Method, or really anything about turning a breech baby, but I was just reading a story this morning about a midwife who recommended doing crunches and holding the position for 2 minutes to get a breech baby to turn on its own.  The idea is that the baby won't like having its head squished up in the fundus of the uterus and will turn itself around to find a bit more room for its head.  It could be something to look into . . .
    image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • also try getting on hands and knees butt in the air head down on the bed for 5 min at a time it is a Doula trick to turn a baby check it out on internet

https://bellylovedoula.webs.com/apps/blog/show/1084717-17-ways-to-turn-a-breech-baby

https://portlandmidwifery.com/2011/04/04/using-a-rebozo-to-turn-a-breech-baby-external-cephalic-version-with-rebozo/

IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"