Indiana Babies

Anyone Delivered at Clarian North?

This is where we are planning to deliver - just wondering if anyone else had as well.  I'd love to hear about your experience there!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Anyone Delivered at Clarian North?

• I did and had a great experience.  I went natural, so I made sure my OB knew my wishes beforehand (although she wasn't on call when I delivered) and I also had a birth plan typed up and had multiple copies to give the nurses in L&D.  They were very respectful of what I wanted.  I labored in a tub for almost 2 hours, which was awesome.  It definitely helped with the contractions.  Of course, I was almost 8 cm when I got out of the tub so I did not have time to get into a gown and had to deliver with just a towel covering me!  :) 

The postpartum nurses are great, as well.  They helped me out a lot, especially with the getting in and out of bed since I was so sore at first (I tore during delivery).  The food is great and don't be shy about ordering whatever you want!  You certainly work up an appetite during labor!  I would definitely recommend bringing ear plugs and a sleep mask since there are babies crying and lots of beeps and bells in the postpartum wing.  DH said the pull-out chair that he had to sleep on wasn't bad, but it wasn't the best.  They said they were looking into replacing those with something more comfortable, so maybe you'll luck out with that.  Oh, definitely bring your own pillow, too.  The hospital pillow was mushy and uncomfortable, IMO.  

Are you going to do a tour of the hospital?  We did and I would definitely recommend doing that, so you are familiar with where to go and what the rooms will look like.  They can also answer any questions that you have.  I'm happy to answer any, too!

No siggy pic until TB gets rid of Twitter and FB links Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I did not deliver, but I did have a d&c there in April. Although the experience was difficult the nurses and doctors treated me with a great deal of respect. I was in the l&d department and they kept me away from the live births. I will be going back when I do get pregnant.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't, but that's where I plan to deliver too. Two of my friends delivered there, and had positive experiences.
  • I delivered there and loved it!  My only problem was that the billing department kept screwing up the medical bills and double billing me. they too 900 dollars out 2X in one week for a bill we didnt owe!!  Other than that the nurses and doctors were amazing!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • ebd08ebd08 member
    thethomps, thanks for the information and advice!  I am also planning on doing things as naturally as possible.  Did you take any particular childbirth classes beforehand?  
  • I have a friend that has a set of twins and 3 other children that delivered at IU North. She refuses to go any where else. Then I found out that her sister and 2 of our other mutual friends also refuse to go any where else. They all love it there and between all them either Dr. Star or Dr. Galstian delivered all of them.... I will be going to IU NORTH!
  • imageebd08:
    thethomps, thanks for the information and advice!  I am also planning on doing things as naturally as possible.  Did you take any particular childbirth classes beforehand?  

I did not.  Embarrassed  I hired a doula and met with her a couple of times before giving birth.  I am happy to pass along her info if you'd like it!  I seriously don't think I would have made it from 8 - 10 cm without her being there.  As for the birthing classes, I know some people like them but a lot of my friends thought they were not very helpful, so I decided that my body knew what to do and I'd let it work the way it was supposed to.  Plus, I didn't want to see a birth video before actually giving birth myself.  Indifferent  (And I opted out of having the mirror at the hospital so I could see the baby coming out.  No thanks!  I was happy to wait until she was out.)

ETA:  Also, I did my birth plan on birthplan [dot] com.  I re-formatted it to fit on one page (less for the staff to read & keep track of that way).  I thought it was a great tool.

No siggy pic until TB gets rid of Twitter and FB links Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • ebd08ebd08 member
    Oh yeah, I am not into the mirror thing at all.  My husband wants to be as involved as possible so I think we're going to do the Bradley classes.  I'm glad several people have had good experiences with IU North.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"