1st Trimester

Space heater to warm feet safe?

My office is FREEZING and Im so cold.  I have been using a space heater under my desk to keep my feet warm.  I am 5 weeks pregnant...is this okay?  I was not sure if it fell in the same category as a sauna or hot tub.  Thanks! :)

Re: Space heater to warm feet safe?

• As long as you don't get over heated.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm 7 weeks and I use a heating pad on my feet when I get into bed.    I think it should be fine  ?   You just cant let your body temp rise too much.   I leave it on for about 10-15 min at a time.

Good luck with your pregnancy!

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh, first tri.... the gift that keeps on giving.
    Stillbirth at 23w6d on Sept, 22, 2008 M/C at 5 weeks June 14, 2010 My miracle, James Frederick born May 2, 2011 via C-section
  • sherpasherpa member
    Even if you go into a sauna, hot tub, or take a hot shower your body will let you know when you're getting too hot and you'll want to get away from the heat source. Just like if you go outside and it's hot, you seek shelter when you feel too hot. Space heater should be fine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I used one most of my last pregnancy because I had a cold office. Better to be comfortable:-)
  • imageCarrieLeigh84:
    Oh, first tri.... the gift that keeps on giving.

Yes

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• imageCarrieLeigh84:
    Oh, first tri.... the gift that keeps on giving.

I would PIP something for you, but I'm too sleepy.  However, this post RULES.

Yes

• Oh man, I just saw who the OP is! 

Good grief, woman...what is your frickin' preoccupation with heat?  Seriously, for days now you've been posting on multiple boards about being out in the heat. Now you're worried about a space heater for your feet?  (hahaha...rhyming)  You are going to have the longest 9 months known to man if you don't stop obsessing like this.  And seriously, two words for you....COMMON SENSE.  It's really underrated.

• Seriously, why do you have 6 posts about overheating? I think you need to stop worrying so much about this.  I mean this in all seriousness, from a mom who suffers from OCD...I think you need to go talk to your doctor.  If you are already this paranoid at 5 weeks pregnant, the next 35 weeks are going to be pure agony for you.  There are meds that are safe to take in pregnancy that can help you, at the very least you need to talk to someone.  For the sake of yourself, your marriage, and your future child, get help now.  Trust me.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"